What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over to you Wayne Bennett

Misty Bee

First Grade
LOL - and lucky the Chooks crashed for the first 3 months of the comp as well.

Thinking about it, they are lucky that Norths didn't field a side too!

Melbourne by 80.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Mate if we stopped to care what other people think of our club we'd be listening to dimwits like you.

It's good to see you at least recognize the low regard everyone holds your club in.

While your club has spent most of its life taking the talent from an entire state and using it to win Premierships, the Eels junior base has been supplying the teams in our state. That's something to be pretty proud of I reckon.

That's right because Brisbane doesn't produce players and make them better. Bennett's legacy as the developer of talent in the league is a myth. Oh and how are McCracken, Pay, Smith and Dymock doing?

While the likes of Wayne Bennett and Bruno Cullen are constantly pushing
there own agendas, our officials have always thought about the game first. That's something to be proud of too.

Hahaha. Have you noticed that Fitzgerald has less respect in the game than any other CEO for his ridiculous suggestions. He is widely regarded as joke just like your club.

Whilst other teams are happy to win by whatever methods necessary, it's part of the culture at Parramatta to play with the utmost respect for the game. That's something to feel proud about.

What does that even mean? Could you articulate that sheer bullsh*t. Can you also reconcile it with Hayne's dives, Moi Moi's bite, your off field behavior all through last year. Hahaha.

We've never broken the salary cap (or even the secondary cap) and we've never needed outside support to keep our club afloat. I'm pretty proud of that too.

This is because you lack enough quality players where your pushed to the brink to keep them. Normally they just leave of their own volition. Hey doesn't your club have a reputation as having the worst retention capacity in the entire game? Could you do me up a list of all the players who've gone onto better things at better clubs?

When it boils down to it, until the salary cap was enforced properly (only since the Bulldogs scandal) you guys should have won every comp. You had an Origin team FFS! Even since the cap you have been able to keep players on low money because they can get more endorsements in a one-team town, and because Queensland is home.

Well we've won a few comps. I'll settle for that. You settle for none in 20 years hey.
Anyway, now the Cowboys have taken your mantle as the best Queensland team, and the Titans are on the way up, you'll be back to the pack with everybody else.

How many times have we heard this. Look back to the last time we played the cowboys with all our men fit and tell me the scoreline. The Cowboys aren't fully fit this year either but they've done nothing to take our mantle as the best team in Qld.

By the way Misty and fellow Eels supporters. Gus rates your team very little chance of winning the comp and says yesterday was a poor standard of football. Doesn't seem to think much of your team. Which is pretty well spot on.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Misty you picked the wrong club to hate. You really did. Since our inception we have been by far the most successful club, in 16 years we have never missed the finals. Not only that we have a coach with massive integrity and get more media coverage/games on tv than any other club. You can't avoid us. Sucks to be you.

JW

Coach
salivor said:
dontfeedthetroll.jpg

perverse

Referee
_Johnsy said:
FMD

the broncs are the only club to have suffered serious injuries to key players for prolonged periods. Otherwise they would win the comp, no seriously.
lol that one made me laugh. :lol:

cq

Juniors
Knightmare said:
"For every person you meet in Queensland who likes the Broncos, you can find three people who hate them."

Who said this?

Gould?
Smith?
The Daily Telegraph?
The NSWRL?

No. It was that bitter, jealous cockroach lover, Arthur Beetson.

Arthur speaks the truth. He is also a legend of the game and deserves respect.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
He also admitted to having a long running fued with Wayne and therefore his comments have very little credibility.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
I wish this argument was with fans from a comparable or semi decent club. The Roosters have had success in the last decade and have a decent history so thats a good rivalry. They have prominent people like Gould who wield genuine power in the game. Parra have a crappy history, no recent success and are an insignificant force in the game.

RalthFilthy

Juniors
Kid Dynamite said:
Not only that we have a coach with massive integrity

:lol: He'd be at the Roosters now if the deal wasn't leaked to the press. Thus turning his back on his so called 'hand shake' agreement that he has openly talked about to sound like such a great guy.
Integrity, what a joke. He would be off to the highest bidder if he could keep it quiet enough.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Kid Dynamite said:
It's good to see you at least recognize the low regard everyone holds your club in.
I think you missed my point mate.

Most Rugby League supporters are morons who can't think for themselves. Exhibit A - you.

That's right because Brisbane doesn't produce players and make them better. Bennett's legacy as the developer of talent in the league is a myth.
Again you totally miss the point. ANYONE with half a brain could manage to create a few diamonds from a whole state of talent. That's like saying that BHP created more steel than anyone in Newcastle. Yet it fell on hard times too, when it needed to be competitive with outside forces. Here's to your future, hey!:alcho:

Oh and how are McCracken, Pay, Smith and Dymock doing?
You'd have to ask them. Last I heard they were all quite glad they avoided playing in that ridiculous Superleague competition that your club played a major part in helping create.

But if that was some pathetic attempt at hacking on our club's junior talent, well it missed the mark by a long shot. We still had plenty of good juniors around those blokes.

Hahaha. Have you noticed that Fitzgerald has less respect in the game than any other CEO for his ridiculous suggestions. He is widely regarded as joke just like your club.
I'm not talking about whether people agree with him mate. I think some of his ideas are stupid, and there are plenty of Eels supporters that don't like him. At least he comes up with ideas, and - here was my point - he doesn't just think about the Eels club when he gives ideas. The National U 20s is basically his baby, and it won't help the Eels. Will it help others and be good for the game? Arguable, but he thinks it will.

Meanwhile, Pappa Benny is totally transparent when it comes to the Broncos. Nothing he says is ever for the betterment of the game, only his club. Likewise your CEO.

I don't hear many calls that Parra coaches are saying things with blinkers on like Uncy Wayne.

What does that even mean? Could you articulate that sheer bullsh*t.
No I can't articulate the culture of our club. I could take a stab at it, but it wouldn't explain it properly. Just like we could try to explain why the Broncos are such arrogant, self-centred wankers, but we wouldn't really be able to nail down all the reasons.

Can you also reconcile it with Hayne's dives, Moi Moi's bite, your off field behavior all through last year. Hahaha.
Hahah yourself. Hayne didn't dive, Moi Moi didn't bite (you're really getting desperate when you are accusing us of something that didn't happen), and the off-field incidents, well there's an interesting point.

Parra fans were upset about these things, because it is precisely the way we don't want our club to be seen, and we'd never had to deal with those things in the past. But the thing is, while there was an element of truth to one of them (Piggy and Tim getting on the booze prior to training), the real explanation of what happened in these 'incidents' was never forthcoming, mainly because these incidents were part of the Telegraph and Ray Hadley's agenda against Brian Smith and his team. Remember when Tim Smith was supposedly acting like a drunken fool at a pub, but then CCTV cameras showed that he wasn't even at the pub at the time, and that when he was he had been drinking water? Ray Hadley is still banging on against Tim Smith now. It's really quite pathetic.
Meanwhile, Fitzgerald and the coaching staff moved quickly to ensure it doesn't happen again. And it hasn't.

This is because you lack enough quality players where your pushed to the brink to keep them. Normally they just leave of their own volition. Hey doesn't your club have a reputation as having the worst retention capacity in the entire game?
As usual you fail to see the real story here. This is what I was talking about when I mentioned fans that can't think for themselves.

I could count on the fingers of one hand the players we lost that we actually wanted to keep. And we've never been in a bidding war for any of the players we lost. Andrew Ryan is a case in point - he left for more cash at the Dogs. We offered him much less, didn't bother upping our bid, so he went. Then the Dogs salary cap scandal came out, and somehow they still managed to take Ryan for the next season. We played by the rules, the Dogs got a rep player.

Could you do me up a list of all the players who've gone onto better things at better clubs?
I could, but it'd take a long time.

This is a bad thing? You really don't get it, do you?

There are plenty of Parra players that moved on and have performed at the same, or lower, level than they did at Parra too. That's how things work.

I'll give you an example from this year, so you actually realise what you're talking about.

Blake Green.

He's a Parra kid, born and bred here. He's going to the Sharks next year, where I assume Ricky is going to play him at 6. He could go on to be a really good first grader, but the thing is this - he wasn't going to get much of a run here. Pretty soon the Keating boys will be in first grade, and there will be no room for Blake. If he's a success at the Sharks that's a good thing for League, right?

And guess what - Parra people, though sorry to see him go, will be cheering him on. That's what you don't get mate.

Oh, one more thing - why didn't you keep Scott Prince? Do you see my point now?

Well we've won a few comps. I'll settle for that. You settle for none in 20 years hey.
Not having won any comps, while I'm not happy about it, has given many Parra supporters a perspective on the game that dimwits like you will never understand.

How many times have we heard this. Look back to the last time we played the cowboys with all our men fit and tell me the scoreline. The Cowboys aren't fully fit this year either but they've done nothing to take our mantle as the best team in Qld.
Keep livin in the past mate, keep livin in the past.

It was 1-1 between you and both Qld teams. And the Broncos will of course still have an upper hand for a while - the history of fielding the entire Origin team and winning comps will mean that kids will still want to go there. For a while. But once the Titans really establish themselves you are in deep sh*t. Your geriatric coach understands this, which is why he's fighting against having another Brisbane team.

By the way Misty and fellow Eels supporters. Gus rates your team very little chance of winning the comp and says yesterday was a poor standard of football. Doesn't seem to think much of your team. Which is pretty well spot on.
You think that the Eels fans aren't well aware of our team's deficiencies this year, mate. See, that's one thing that 20 years of not winning has given us - a bit of perspective.

We can win the comp, but we are nowhere near favourites. I know one thing - no-one put 68 on us this year, that's for sure :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Bee, honestly who do you think you are?

You accuse my club of being upset about being ranked where we are? Well if you bothered to read any articles Bennett is quite happy with the effort put in by the team that has been so far hit so hard by injuries.

No that isn't a whinge that's the honest truth.

salivor

First Grade
Pete, never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.

Dazzat

First Grade
B-tron should be E-tron ... there's gotta be some sort of chemical influence there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dazzat said:
B-tron should be E-tron ... there's gotta be some sort of chemical influence there.
That was about as funny as the Bronco's defence yesterday, and there was nothing funny about that. It was just sad.

Dazzat

First Grade
hineyrulz said:
That was about as funny as the Bronco's defence yesterday, and there was nothing funny about that. It was just sad.

You are totally correct.

But I'm a big picture guy ... one crap game is OK. I knew we were in trouble when Wayne Bennett called them "the most courageous team" he's ever coaches, one week from the finals and the day the Wests Tigers lost, taking the urgency out of the game.

One game, pathetic defence ... yup. When was the last time Parra won the premiership again?

On another note .. did anyone get the impression that Greg Eastwood was Nathan Hindmarsh's long lost brother. The resemblance is uncanny (mainly in the buttock area and the way they wear their shorts).

Misty Bee

First Grade
You accuse my club of being upset about being ranked where we are?

No. BUt I'll bet Wayne's Altzheimers medication that your mob didn't sing the club song on Sunday arvo.

BTW, KD, I'd bet that Brisbane's purchases from other clubs have been far more spectacular than Parra's. Lets see: Wally Lewis, Allan Langer, Glenn Lazarus, Gordon Tallis, Kevin Walters, Robbie Ross, Chris Johns, Anthony Mundine, Ben Ikin, Gene Miles, Greg Dowling, Peter Jackson, Tonie Currie............

Oh, that's right. Wheel out your only reply. You won/bought recent comps. :lol:

I guess Parra could have won more recent comps if we got the NRL to clear any other RL side withing 500kms of Sydney too.

Knightmare

Coach
Broncos fans like KD can be smug and smart about how many comps their team has won in the past two decades compared to clubs like Parramatta and St George, but the one sobering fact stands: If the Broncos were a Sydney club, they wouldn't last 5 years.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Knightmare said:
Broncos fans like KD can be smug and smart about how many comps their team has won in the past two decades compared to clubs like Parramatta and St George, but the one sobering fact stands: If the Broncos were a Sydney club, they wouldn't last 5 years.

Good post.

Broncos fans can critisise our culture, our lack of troheys etc but Parramatta didn't have an almost QLD side to begin with, and at the time almost a state of juniors to pick from, and a massive QLD supporter base behind them. It was virtually like Parramatta versus QLD in the early days was it not?

I couldn't care less, Give me Parramatta greats Kenny, Ella, Sterlo, Cronin, Price, Grothe snr anyday over Brisbane greats Lewis, Langer, Renouf, Terry Matterson and John Plath.

Funny isn't it? know matter how sh*t our club is? our greats piss all over Brisbane's, and yes Kenny owned Lewis at rep level, but hey that's well-documented:cool:

The irony of all this is? that our sh*tstain club put almost 70 on the Broncos? what does that say about there culture:lol: they gave up with so much to play for yet critisise our club presently with a lack of culture lol

And who gives a sh*t if we haven't won a premiership in 20+ years? Penrith won one in 2004 and what did that premiership do for them this year? lol Souths won 20 premierships in there history and those Premierships meant sweet f**k all in 1999 didn't it?

Live in the present: 68-22:lol: and we did you a favour by giving Hindmarsh & Tahu a crack at goal, so be kind:cool: