What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overhaul NRL points system, Furner says

Naturally the best way to allocate premiership points would be to eliminate such unfairness as relying on "points" and "tries" and "goals" to determine the winner.

Instead a jury of 12 judges should rate each team on their: athleticism, quality of tries, the artistic value of their tries, musical accompaniments and uniform style and presentation. Within ten minutes of the end of the match, the judges must meet and give each team a rating between 1 and 10. Using those ratings, they announce a first runner-up and a champion of the match.

The first runner-up will receive 15 premiership points. The champion of the match will receive 16 premiership points. The judges can award a bonus of up to five premiership points to the first runner-up as a consolation prize.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Back into your cave furner, sick of hearing your daily whinge this week. If you cant cope with the pressure stop making excuses and quit before your sacked

Noa

First Grade
Thought of this when I read the article

http://www.reoiv.com/images/random/trying_to_be_geniused.jpg

I think it was Phil Gould who suggested a bonus points setup for the game a few years ago. Something like:

- 3 points for a win
- 2 points for a draw
- 1 point for a loss by 6 or less
- 1 point for scoring 4-5+ tries

I don't recall the specifics, but I remember not minding the idea.

Last year Gould mentioned it with the panel on The Roast

Comparing it to the "Other Game"

Raider_69

Post Whore
he needs to move on from it, i understand his frustration
he's under a ton of pressure to perform and get runs on the board early and he's been robbed of 2 points but he's got to get on with the job, we've got a game tonight that is imo very winnable

eozsmiles

Bench
I'm surprised Furner didn't suggest getting rid of F and A completely and doing it in alphabetical order.

Latest posts