What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
My understanding is that the Tigers are owned as a 50/50 joint venture with half being owned by the BDRFL and the other half owned by the WSDRFL, Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown.

Is this correct and does anyone know the split on the Magpies side?

Thanks.

magpie4ever

First Grade
My understanding is that the Tigers are owned as a 50/50 joint venture with half being owned by the BDRFL and the other half owned by the WSDRFL, Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown.

Is this correct and does anyone know the split on the Magpies side?

Thanks.

I think Campbelltown are out a year or two ago. 50/50 spilt Ashfield and Balmain (with monies owed to NRL).

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
So Campbelltown Wests has to pay a licencing fee to use the logo?

If this is correct, it looks like a pretty easy take over play; Buy out the debt and pay the token $1 to get to Balmain side.

Interesting.

I think this club could be turned around from a business perspective fairly easily, its just that noone has the nuts to make the hard decisions.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I can't remember where I heard or read it (maybe it was as talkin sport on 2sm) but Wests Campbelltown pay sponsorship money to the Wests Tigers to the same amount as if they were a joint venture partner. They just don't have a say in the running of the club anymore.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I can't remember where I heard or read it (maybe it was as talkin sport on 2sm) but Wests Campbelltown pay sponsorship money to the Wests Tigers to the same amount as if they were a joint venture partner. They just don't have a say in the running of the club anymore.

I know they support or sponsor the WTs, don't know if it is the same amount though.

DanOz

Juniors

Wests Campbelltown contribute exactly the same amount as when they were part of the JV. They pulled out after legal advice that Balmain's debt to the JV could legally be split amongst all partners and they saw the writing on the wall.

Latest posts