What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ozark

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just finished the first 3 seasons.

Holy shit...if this show can't hold its place alongside "The Wire", and "Breaking Bad" as one of history's best shows, then I'm a monkey's uncle.

Matua

Bench
Just finished the first 3 seasons.

Holy shit...if this show can't hold its place alongside "The Wire", and "Breaking Bad" as one of history's best shows, then I'm a monkey's uncle.
It's not near The Wire for me but better than Breaking Bad (I'm not a huge fan of BB, doesn't dent my top 10, maybe not even top 20).

I like it but I think it had some issues in S3:

Wendy setting up the brother to be killed really doesn't ring true as a characterisation.

The show keeps saying how bright Ruth is yet she gets dumber the longer she's involved when she should be getting smarter.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's not near The Wire for me but better than Breaking Bad (I'm not a huge fan of BB, doesn't dent my top 10, maybe not even top 20).

I like it but I think it had some issues in S3:

Wendy setting up the brother to be killed really doesn't ring true as a characterisation.

The show keeps saying how bright Ruth is yet she gets dumber the longer she's involved when she should be getting smarter.

I think Wendy's arc makes sense; she was desperate to keep her family safe, fed up, and exhausted, with Ben's issues (and Ben's reluctance to medicate, to help himself), and she took the only available recourse to save her family.

Throughout the series, Wendy delves deeper, and deeper, into her own darkness, and I think her decision regarding Ben makes sense.

This Just In...

Juniors
Terrific series... really the standout for mine at the moment.

I'll throw another vote out for Mindhunter too... was disappointed to hear there won't be a third series made...

Matua

Bench
I think Wendy's arc makes sense; she was desperate to keep her family safe, fed up, and exhausted, with Ben's issues (and Ben's reluctance to medicate, to help himself), and she took the only available recourse to save her family.

Throughout the series, Wendy delves deeper, and deeper, into her own darkness, and I think her decision regarding Ben makes sense.
Delayed response, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree. :D

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm a bit late to the party, but just watched the 3 seasons over the last few weeks.

Season 3 ep 9 was very hard to watch, got the eyes a bit moist.

Very much looking forward to season 4.