What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships 2023

*you’re an imbecile
Lol you Penrith scum are so uneducated and inbred it’s like shooting fish in a barrel.
When people attend a few classes rather than spending all day handing out wristies to fat kids for $5, they learn to speak.
You got me on the incorrect use of you're. Go back to infant school and improve your grammar. It's shocking.

Pomoz

Bench
A lot of his tackles are flops or non dominant.
A lot of his runs are ineffective, stuttery momentum killers.
He goes well for Penrith, does very little for NSW and is ineffective for the Kangaroos.
Rep level is above his talent ceiling. Good club man only.
If his runs are ineffective, I would expect he would have a slow play the ball. But he doesn't. Only Patrick Carrigan had a faster play the ball in the forwards and he didn't start the game against fresh forwards. I understand, you don't like the cut of his jib and have nothing other than your opinion to support your view. You like to follow fashion, and Yeo is not in fashion right now.

Munky

Coach
Yeo is like regular denim jeans.

Always in fashion and gets the job done,

Good for the dirty work outside or with a crisp collared shirt.

TroyJax

Juniors
If his runs are ineffective, I would expect he would have a slow play the ball. But he doesn't. Only Patrick Carrigan had a faster play the ball in the forwards and he didn't start the game against fresh forwards. I understand, you don't like the cut of his jib and have nothing other than your opinion to support your view. You like to follow fashion, and Yeo is not in fashion right now.
It has nothing to do with that.
What he does is good…but that’s all he does. He hasn’t evolved in many years. He hasn’t added any strings to his bow despite playing in all the top teams. He still runs the same lines, looks for the same passes and performs the same types of tackles as he did 5 years ago.
He is extremely predictable. He doesn’t have the dynamic gameplay or skills of Murray and Carrigan or even Radley. At club level, where other sides have weaknesses, he goes well. When he faces rep level teams, he is easily contained. I doubt he features on any coaches danger lists.

TroyJax

Juniors
You reckon he is worth 1m plus a year? I just think he is massively over rated.
That money is most likely gambled on potential.
The guy is 23, has 90 NRL games under his belt…captaining his club for 2 years already, 8 internationals - 7 of which are for Australia, 12 origin games and a GF win.
He may be slightly over rated right now, but he has had a hell of a start to his career and if he remains relatively injury free for a while, will surely be worth that dough in the near future.
Worth the gamble for mine.

Just ignore the troll.

It's shitting up another thread.

Imagine saying a triple premiership winning captain with a 87% win rate since 2020 isn't dynamic.

He had nine Dally M points playing halfback in three games at the start of 2022.
I will and I apologise

soc123_au

Staff member
That money is most likely gambled on potential.
The guy is 23, has 90 NRL games under his belt…captaining his club for 2 years already, 8 internationals - 7 of which are for Australia, 12 origin games and a GF win.
He may be slightly over rated right now, but he has had a hell of a start to his career and if he remains relatively injury free for a while, will surely be worth that dough in the near future.
Worth the gamble for mine.
It's funny you rate him, but not Yeo. Yeo on about 350k less a year.

Don't get me wrong, Tino is a good player and may well end up a great one, but bang for buck Yeo smokes him.

What he does is good…but that’s all he does. He hasn’t evolved in many years. He hasn’t added any strings to his bow despite playing in all the top teams. He still runs the same lines, looks for the same passes and performs the same types of tackles as he did 5 years ago.
He is extremely predictable. He doesn’t have the dynamic gameplay or skills of Murray and Carrigan or even Radley. At club level, where other sides have weaknesses, he goes well. When he faces rep level teams, he is easily contained. I doubt he features on any coaches danger lists.
What do you want him to evolve into? He has already evolved to become what he is. The lines and passes are just fine, he put Hass over with a lovely pass against Samoa.

Same type of tackles? 40+ of them most games with usually none missed. What do you want him to do? A pirouette with half pike as he goes in? His clean up work is vastly under rated imo.

Munky

Coach
It's funny you rate him, but not Yeo. Yeo on about 350k less a year.

Don't get me wrong, Tino is a good player and may well end up a great one, but bang for buck Yeo smokes him.

What do you want him to evolve into? He has already evolved to become what he is. The lines and passes are just fine, he put Hass over with a lovely pass against Samoa.

Same type of tackles? 40+ of them most games with usually none missed. What do you want him to do? A pirouette with half pike as he goes in? His clean up work is vastly under rated imo.

It's hilarious.

When was the last time there was a clean line break through the middle against Penrith?

The bloke plays a position called lock.

And it is exactly what he does to the middle third of the pitch.

The only teams that worry the defensive system are Souths and Brisbane attacking the right edge at range from the line.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's hilarious.

When was the last time there was a clean line break through the middle against Penrith?

The bloke plays a position called lock.

And it is exactly what he does to the middle third of the pitch.

The only teams that worry the defensive system are Souths and Brisbane attacking the right edge at range from the line.
And mostly against a 2nd or 3rd choice centre.

I'm not sure what people want from Yeo either. Murray has a slightly quicker play the ball and arguably is a more elusive ball runner, but not as good at passing or defence. Both are elite though. Carrigan is good, but a rung below imo.

Pomoz

Bench
What strings? He breaks tackles, he ball plays better than all the players you mentioned. But every team needs somebody to do the dirty work. They can't all be "danger" players. Yeo doing dirty work means players like Martin can try explosive hits that sometimes miss. Australia were flat and Yeo delivered. We lost because the so called superstars like Haas, Tino and Collins didn't do their job. 100m for Haas as a starting front rower. A play the ball speed measured with an egg timer.

I love Cameron Murray, he is a great player, but here are some facts. In 2023 Yeo made 20m per game more. He engaged the line more, in fact he was 7th in the league for line engagement, Murray is 9th and considering they are locks, that's pretty damn good. His PCM is double, yes double that of Murray. He makes more tackle breaks per game than Murray. On the plus side, Murray makes two more tackles a game than Yeo, but Yeo misses less with a 97% efficiency. Murray offloads more than Yeo.

The idea that Yeo is vanilla and Murray is some dynamic superman is just wrong. Murray looks flashier, I'll give you that. Yeo looks like he is plodding with those big legs and then you look at his stats and he is killing it.