What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships 2024

taste2taste

Juniors
Frizell retired from rep, Penisini must've got dropped or I'm pretty sure he got injured this year. Olakau'atu and Katoa starting second rowers for me
To me it looks like Tonga are 1 middle forward short ? They must be planning to use Olakau'atu in the middle like he was for Origin ?

Bit disappointed to see Wong choose Tonga, he's previously represented Fiji and they need all the quality players they can to challenge the top teams...and it's not like Tonga are short on edge forwards lol

mikail-eagle

Bench
462455602_523475886958984_6013393801043880973_n.jpg

Just wonder how many of the `injured` Kiwi players may have put their hands up if Bennett had been involved. Even if only as Stacey`s assistant. Jeez I hope that the NZRL know what they`re doing.
Worst case scenario I suppose, the Kiwis` playing either PNG or Fiji for the relegation/promotion spot at CommBank on the 10th of November. LOL

mikail-eagle

Bench
Just wonder how many of the `injured` Kiwi players may have put their hands up if Bennett had been involved. Even if only as Stacey`s assistant. Jeez I hope that the NZRL know what they`re doing.
Worst case scenario I suppose, the Kiwis` playing either PNG or Fiji for the relegation/promotion spot at CommBank on the 10th of November. LOL

Both PNG and Fiji are not at full strength this year so any relegation/promotion game won't be a problem for any of the Pacific Cup Teams this year.

Matua

Bench
That tongan forward pack is the most stacked out of the 3 teams they just need Katoa at halfback to lead them well
TBH, outside of that 2017 ambush we've always dealt with the hyped Tongan packs so I'm not actually that concerned despite no Leota. Speaking of Leota, did you guys poach him?

My biggest concern with the Kiwis is not the players but the coaching staff.

Clarkent

Juniors
TBH, outside of that 2017 ambush we've always dealt with the hyped Tongan packs so I'm not actually that concerned despite no Leota. Speaking of Leota, did you guys poach him?

My biggest concern with the Kiwis is not the players but the coaching staff.
Tongas forward pack is strong but Kiwis and Kangaroos forwards are nrl players too they can't be bullied but they can create better space and time for the halves to work. Which is why Katoa has a huge responsibility as a halfback to direct the ship. The problem is Tonga doesn't have a strong 6,9 or 1 to help him out. Leota is out injured and we can't poach a player that was already poached from us 😏

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Do you think the team is in trouble? I worry about Stacey's coaching but they do still have the quality of Hughes, JFH, Tapine and inform players like Isaako and Nikorima. I think they'll be tough to beat.

Clarkent

Juniors
Hard to say who wins this, all 3 squads missing some big names.
I don't think Tonga are missing any big players out besides Penisini and Talakai? Unless they were both not good enough to be picked? Talakai is a huge shocker for me

Latest posts