What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships 2024

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
He's decided he's (only) Tongan. ;)

I'm thinking Oz born Kiwis like Ponga, Howarth etc, my cousin's boys are gun juniors up in Qld, I know 100% they'd pick NZ if they could play Origin and NZ.
I've got a Kiwi mate whose son just debued for the Titans, he's eligible for NZ and Australia and Origin seems to be the thing that has him on the fence. It would be nice if he could do both because he is both a New Zealander but also a product of the QLD RL system having grown up here.

The increasing number of these situations may force a change to Origin eligibility. Especially if the NRL really does want to drive a competitive international game.

warriors 95

Juniors
He's decided he's (only) Tongan. ;)

I'm thinking Oz born Kiwis like Ponga, Howarth etc, my cousin's boys are gun juniors up in Qld, I know 100% they'd pick NZ if they could play Origin and NZ.
I think ponga would have 100% rep the kiwis had he been also able to play for Queensland.

im also sure howarth was born in Australia but said as much in a recent interview that he would have done both too.

warriors 95

Juniors
I've got a Kiwi mate whose son just debued for the Titans, he's eligible for NZ and Australia and Origin seems to be the thing that has him on the fence. It would be nice if he could do both because he is both a New Zealander but also a product of the QLD RL system having grown up here.

The increasing number of these situations may force a change to Origin eligibility. Especially if the NRL really does want to drive a competitive international game.
I don’t think junior origin rep sides help as well.

must be huge amount of pressure for the youngsters these days. Not a good situation imo.

Matua

Bench

It's the blatant hypocrisy that annoys me. Maybe, just maybe, when they first introduced the PI rule it wasn't as hypocritical, but now, with competitive PI sides claiming they're tier 2 and allowing their players to pick and choose is just utter B/S.

Latest posts