What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Cup 2024

JJ

Immortal
Not sure I agree - Hiku has a lot to offer, and has generally done really well in these sorts of games - his defensive issues are usually more evident across a season

That Tongan side could almost head in favourites
I know right... the pack is monstrous and with Katoa, Hopoate and Luke they have some genuine class in the spine. Fk me that team is stacked.

Other than maybe Dave Fifita, I'm struggling to think of a Tongan eligible player that's opted for either the Roos or Kiwis..? They seem to have successfully captured all their best players.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Other than maybe Dave Fifita, I'm struggling to think of a Tongan eligible player that's opted for either the Roos or Kiwis..? They seem to have successfully captured all their best players.

Yeah don't think there are any. Fifita has previously played for Tonga and has never player for Australia - out injured at the moment, was there an indication he was looking to switch?

hitro

Juniors
What I take out of it is Warriors have 5 above average players. Fisher-Harris, Barnett, Clark, Niukore and Klocstad.
Nice work from recruiting dept that the two new recruits are up there, but I feel they could sign up a few more than 2. More than 2 good players have left. If there's no money in the cap maybe Tohu should be encouraged to retire and sign up some more good players. So next season we are going to have great props again just need to work out what to do when the props get them up the right end of the field. Feel TMM knows what to do but is injury prone. Not too sure what to make of Metcalf except he is fast and injury prone. I really want to see Tuaupiki in the 13, he is a nice goal kicker and also has a short kicking game. Charnze into centres or standoff he was never in any Australian lists of top performing FBs this year. RTS to general spare part man

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Interesting DWZ made this big song and dance about switching to Tonga, hasn't played for them, and hasn't been picked for anyone?

Yeah don't think there are any. Fifita has previously played for Tonga and has never player for Australia - out injured at the moment, was there an indication he was looking to switch?
Nah no indication or anything… I just wasn’t sure where his allegiances lay. But if he’s already committed to Tonga then yea, it looks like they’ve hooked all their best players.

That’s quite remarkable, especially compared to Samoa who have probably 8-9 eligible players aligned with the Roos and Kiwis.

shinobi

Juniors
Yea more than a few useful names unavailable..

A couple of positives though.. pleasant surprise seeing one of the Penrith McLean boys there; I didnt know they had Kiwi ties. Happy to see Kini there too.
Agree love seeing the young fullas come through. Much rather go with youth than having to call on Uncle Peta to come to the rescue. Were Berry or Leiauataua unavailable? Guessing Howarth is going for a QLD jersey after a big year for Storm.

Latest posts