What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacquiao vs Cotto

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Definately looking forward to this fight, biggest fight this year i'd say. I think a Pac-Man win is on the cards for this one. I think he'll just stay busy through out the whole fight and throw more punches.

Go the Pac-Man!!

shiznit

Coach
yeah im excited... when they first announced this fight i thought Pac-Man would be too good.

since then its come out that Antonio Margarito has been using illegal substances in his gloves which explains a lot about Cotto's only loss.

and Team Pacquaio has been a mess... Freddy Roach & Manny have been arguing alot. then his manager and another advisor have been sniping at each other all camp and they ended up coming to blows.

i dont think this is gonna be like Pacman-Hatton

shiznit

Coach
im not a massive fan of Pac-Man...

but i want him to win this... so it sets up a super fight with Mayweather.

it would be great for boxing...

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
im not a massive fan of Pac-Man...

but i want him to win this... so it sets up a super fight with Mayweather.

it would be great for boxing...

Oh the pay cheque that would bring in for those two fighters! :D

No doubt the fight will not go ahead if PBF cant take the bigger percentage of the deal, its kinda his thing.lol.

Well i hope Mayweather does take the winnner on for this fight, and stop ducking!

shiznit

Coach
Pacman too good.... won by TKO in the 12th. absolutely dominated Cotto.

the blokes getting better every time i watch him.

now step up to the plate Pink Floyd...

El Diablo

Post Whore
wasn't even close. i don't think Cotto will ever be the same after his fight with Margarito

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
How good is Manny?!!

Dominated cotto from the 2nd round onwards, threw more punches plus knocking him down twice inside 5 rounds.

Time to call out Mayweather!

Fein

First Grade
I'll admit that I had money on the fight going the distance in Pacmans favour but does anyone agree the stopping of the fight in the last round was ridiculous?

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'll admit that I had money on the fight going the distance in Pacmans favour but does anyone agree the stopping of the fight in the last round was ridiculous?

his corner should have stopped it earlier

watatank

Coach
Yeah, definitely. I must admit I was nervous, I didn't think Cotto would come out for the 12th (he lasted an incredible amount of time considering he was getting outclassed) and I had money on Pacman to win by knockout. Glad he won it though.

Both fighters were top class but Pacman was way too good in the end.

andrew057

First Grade

I mentioned this to my mate I was watching the fight with, "If I had money on the decision Id be pissed".

I have no problem with stopping the fight, but can't see why the fight was stopped in the 12th with a few more minutes to go, but it wasnt in the 9th when he was taking a hellacious beating.

Fein

First Grade
I mentioned this to my mate I was watching the fight with, "If I had money on the decision Id be pissed".

I have no problem with stopping the fight, but can't see why the fight was stopped in the 12th with a few more minutes to go, but it wasnt in the 9th when he was taking a hellacious beating.

That's exactly how I saw it.

And yes, I was f**king pissed!!!! :lol:

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
After watching the replay today i feel for Cotto even more because of the work of his corner.

* Not stopping the fight after the 10th or 11th
* Not offering any tactical advice, which left him in the ring dancing around basically trying to survive the rounds

I hope Cotto can bounce back from this, but as alot of people have said after the beating he recieved from Margacheato he's never been the same.

shiznit

Coach
did anyone else see Cotto catch Manny on the counter late in the fight??? i cant remember what round it was maybe the 10th or 11th... but he caught him on a counter... i actually thought he hurt him.

Pacman was stunned but Cotto was far too much of a mess to take advantage of it.

but i was thinking how a real defensive fighter like Floyd would be dangerous on the counter. i know that Manny had a sh*tload of trouble with JMM because of his heart and his ability to counter strong.

perhaps a fight between PBF & Pacman would be the perfect clash of styles.

General Knight

Juniors
Gotta feel sorry for Cotto. Just contrasting the 2 two after the match, Cotto couldnt even stay for a quick interview and had to be rushed to the hospital for scans mean while Pacman goes straight next door to perform his concert. I blame margarito lol.

Simo

First Grade
Pac was very fast but schiznit, I agree, I thought Cotto caught him a few times.

Can someone with a little more technical boxing mind answer:

1 - several times in the fight, Manny just put up his gloves and stood there and took some punches, often against the ropes.....just stopped, put up the defenses and copped some - why? Does he get buggered and need a break or is he trying to let Cotto wear himself out, or trying to let him drop his defenses and go for a counter??

2 - The comentators said the fight with mayweather is very unlikely to happen.......why? I think it would be great.