What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paea plays down Gallen bust-up

Willow

Assistant Moderator
2009_11_12paea.jpg

2009_11_13paea.jpg

t1tan

Juniors
I know a lot of you are congratulating Paea for not making a complaint BUT surely not doing anything about it isnt good for the game?
Its practically giving racism the green light.

Agree with a previous poster,the NRL should step in and do something.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
it's just a shame we aren't playing them again this year...

it would have been great to see the matchup between paea and gallen again..

ah well, we'll have to wait till next year when we play whoever gallen ends up playing for..

Creaghfish

Juniors
Paul Gallen is an absolute grub, always has been and always will be. And thats who the sharks choose to be their captain! it says it all, and reflects where they're at as a footy club.

Its a shame Paea didnt lay him out.

RedVDave

First Grade
I would have been dissapointed if Paea didn't react, racist remarks are completley unacceptable and inexcusable, Mikey had every right to belt Gallen, the prick deserved to get punched.

gallen shat himself when he seen Paea shape up to him lol.
hes been playing tops, his brother played well last yr for the chooks.
definatley a long term keeper

Red'n'White

Juniors
Gallen has always been a dirty dirty player. He has gotten even worse since Wicky Spewert took over at the club. I have never liked the grub. Greg Turd is another one from Scummers who is a niggling dirty players.

I have met Micky a couple of times when him and his brother came down to footy training at Bradbury Oval where the mighty Campbelltwn Collegians play. He use to come down and help train the A grade side because a couple of his mates played there and he also come down for the juniors at times. He is a great bloke who is heavely involved in his church and treats you as he wants to be treated. Great Bloke, great family man, great clubman. Sign him for life.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
The NRL arent making much of this imagine if Mundine Said "f**kn white merkin" to Green when they fought , oh i can sense a little change in the air....

Godz Illa

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25534696-10389,00.html

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

SHARKS captain Paul Gallen has been fined $10,000 for alleged racial comments directed at Dragons forward Mickey Paea.
The National Rugby League released a statement saying it had fined Gallen $10,000 "for comments which incited Mickey Paea at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night."

"The fine, which will be issued by way of a breach notice, is for a breach of the NRL Player Code of Conduct," the statement said.

"While there is no on-field audio of the words used by Gallen and while Paea has declined to make a formal complaint under the Racial Vilification Policy, there is little doubt from the on-field audio that there was a racial issue involved.

The NRL confirmed Gallen, who is in doubt for NSW State of Origin selection with a shoulder injury. has since apologised for his on-field comments.

NRL boss David Gallop said: "While the apology is certainly an important step in the right direction there needs to be a clear recognition that racial vilification is not tolerated in Rugby League.

"This is not something that happens on a regular basis and it is not something that can be dismissed under the guise of what happens on the field stays on the field," Gallop said.

"I respect the fact that Mickey Paea has dealt with the issue one to one and that he wishes to move on.

"However, the area of racial vilification is also something that is bigger than two individuals, it involves a principle that we must support across all areas of the game.

"I don't believe racism is a part of rugby league and I don't suggest that these sort of comments represent a racist view, but I do believe that it is important everyone knows there are boundaries that simply can't be crossed.

"Excuses such as the heat of the moment or gamesmanship when they are offered simply don't change that fact."

Cooper-Man

Bench
Cronulla captain Paul Gallen has been fined $10,000 by the NRL for his alleged racial comment directed at St George Illawarra forward Mickey Paea on Saturday night.
An angry Paea told the referee Gallen had called him a "black c..." after he'd tackled the Sharks forward late in the Toyota Stadium clash, which the Dragons won 26-4.
But Paea declined to make an official on-field complaint and the pair reconciled after the game.
The league said in a statement on Monday it was fining Gallen $10,000 for a breach of the NRL player code of conduct.
"While there is no on-field audio of the words used by Gallen and while Paea has declined to make a formal complaint under the racial vilification policy, there is little doubt from the on-field audio that there was a racial issue involved," the NRL statement said.
"It has also been confirmed that Gallen has since apologised for his on-field comments."
NRL chief executive David Gallop said the league was adopting a zero tolerance policy in regard to racism.
"While the apology is certainly an important step in the right direction, there needs to be a clear recognition that racial vilification is not tolerated in rugby league," Gallop said in the statement.
"This is not something that happens on a regular basis and it is not something that can be dismissed under the guise of what happens on the field stays on the field.
"I respect the fact that Mickey Paea has dealt with the issue one-to-one and that he wishes to move on.
"However, the area of racial vilification is also something that is bigger than two individuals, it involves a principle that we must support across all areas of the game.
"I don't believe racism is a part of rugby league and I don't suggest that these sort of comments represent a racist view, but I do believe that it is important everyone knows there are boundaries that simply can't be crossed.
"Excuses such as the heat of the moment or gamesmanship, when they are offered, simply don't change that fact.

http://www.smh.com.au/leaguehq/articles/2009/05/25/1243103475490.html

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
maybe paul gallen can forward his fine onto the club so that they can pay it...

oh wait... they can't :lol: