What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paea to the dogs???

Sas2200

Juniors
This weeks big league reveals Mickey paea is in talks with the bulldogs, who are looking to cut John Kite, Charlie leaeno and Lee Te Maari of their books.

I think this would be a loss for us. Sure, we have plenty of big fellas coming through, but Mickey sure does pack a hit when he lines someone up.....

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I agree Micket can hit, the Bulldogs are known to go after players like thats, its a real Pity we cant keep everyone.

God-King Dean

Immortal
They should just get Leano to do cardio day in day out. Big & strong, but was no iron man. I wonder where he'll end up.

Godz Illa

Coach
It's been a long time since Big League has been a reliable source of goss. But he does fit the profile of a Dogs target, ie former Dragon, and with the immaculate off-field record they claim to be after.

If they offload those players they'd definitely have enough cash to beat our offer. But it wouldn't be a smart move for him. Our group of props are stronger as a whole, but their top two are safe. He'd be in front of Hickey and Armit but stuck behind Hannant and Hodgson. Whereas at Saints he'd be behind Weyman but competing with Hunt, Greenfield, Saffy and Merrin for that number two slot.

We have Green, Thorby and Ranieri off contract but I'd imagine the latter two would be second tier

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
The amusing thing is a few pages back in the mag is a quote from the Dogs recruiter Mulholland saying they are "more concerned with the retention of guys we've got"

Guvner

First Grade
I wont be looking for a tall building if he goes. Would be great to keep him. But not at any price. If he can get a better deal good luck to him. I dont think Benny brought him here for nothing though.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
barry ward? (well, that was steelers..)

andrew farrar? (nope.. steelers too..)

hmmm..... maybe we're too far from bondi for any bulldogs to even consider us..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
then we belted him sensless and sent him on his merry way..

hardbaby

Coach
Hope not. I really like the guy. I'd hate to see him become dog paea. They would probably sign Winnie the Poo next.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
If this news is true I don't follow the reasoning. Didn't we just sign Michael Greenfield from the Bunnies, why not keep Mickey? Maybe Greenfield comes on the cheap & Mickey can command more elsewhere. Hope he stays. :pray:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I hope we don't lose him, he's a good player and is just starting to show his potential. f**k I'm sick of the Dogs taking players from us :(.

_Johnsy

Referee
To me, this would be a way bigger loss than Chase, I cant see the value with chase, IMO he is a lazy defender no urgency.

Mick on the other hand, very handy footballer has impact every time he gets on.