What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painful to watch

Stagger eel

Staff member
Newie is God's Country said:
I think Smithy put to bed who is the better coach.

yeah..for sure, unlike March of last year when Hages was a better coach.

geez..you're not generalizing are you?? :sarcasm:

i know we had a bad game, but we are still in the top 4 with at least 10 games to go, we will make the finals and i would rather get that out of the way now...

for me, next week if they put that on again i would be disappointed......i just hope burty and wagon will be ok, they have been two of our better players..

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra-all-the-way said:
i know we had a bad game, but we are still in the top 4 with at least 10 games to go, we will make the finals and i would rather get that out of the way now...

for me, next week if they put that on again i would be disappointed......i just hope burty and wagon will be ok, they have been two of our better players..

for the first time this year our depth will be tested big time in the coming weeks, it's an area at our club that I've had a major concern about since the start of the season.

with all three grades losing today, the club as a whole needs to re-group very quickly.

Hurriflatch

Referee
may not make the finals due to that loss and other teams winning Parra are now back in the pack of teams that stretches from 4th down to 14th could finish anywhere in that lot

Bigfella

Coach
for the first time this year our depth will be tested big time in the coming weeks, it's an area at our club that I've had a major concern about since the start of the season.

What about next year when we are also without Cannings?

shiftysmith

Juniors
just relax everyone,its one game i still think we are good enough to go all the way,we just need to win a few games over the next six weeks then get on a roll a month out from the semis

it might just be the kick in the arse they have needed for a few weeks now these slow starts are killing our attack and tbh we should have lost to dragons, we were just lucky they played even worse than we did in the first half

My take on the post match conf is that:

* Hindy looks very tired (understandably so). He had his head in his hands for about 30 seconds when they crossed to the PMC and he didn't lift it until they started asking questions
* He was starting to get the sh*ts very easily with the questions.
* Most of the questions were directed at Hages who never changes with his manner whether it be winning or losing...tempered. Good or bad thing you decide but I don't mind it.

He is not the natural leader with words as that is Cayless' job but he does need to be a bit more level with his answers. A few more questions directed his way or a bit more rope he might have blown up...well that is what is was looking like to me.

V1er

Juniors
Didnt do our for and against any favours last night. It looked like we were out of puff after just 20 minutes. We were pretty clueless in attack as well. Hopefully they can turn it around by sunday.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
What a disgusting performance, no enthusiasm, played with no energy, not for a second did they look good last night. They better come out on fire against souths, because souths are a tough side, they have great defence.
I hope cayless is back against souths, because he adds passion to this side

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
shiftysmith said:
just relax everyone,its one game i still think we are good enough to go all the way,we just need to win a few games over the next six weeks then get on a roll a month out from the semis
to inconsistent at the moment to be considered title contenders

Stagger eel

Staff member
providing Wags and Caylo are both missing this week, I'd be tempted hand the captaincy to Finchy, who lets get fairdinkum, is the only one likely to give our boys real rev up if we need it.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
eelavation said:
providing Wags and Caylo are both missing this week, I'd be tempted hand the captaincy to Finchy, who lets get fairdinkum, is the only one likely to give our boys real rev up if we need it.
could be a good move, and finally someone who can see finch does something good out there, i have a friend :D

big boppa eel

Juniors
Jono078 said:
Was it me or was there a bit of tension between Hagan and Hindmarsh?

He said we played boring, but in the end it got us the 2 points.

Also he said you guys always start slow and havnt tried to fix it, then Hagan basically denied that?
Not the smartest comment by Nathan sounds very much like sour grapes, beaten by a better team on the night simple, this boring comment was just dumb.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
may not make the finals due to that loss and other teams winning Parra are now back in the pack of teams that stretches from 4th down to 14th could finish anywhere in that lot
I agree we are far from home and hosed.