What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pakistan in NZ

Meth

Staff member
Did anybody see Southee's spell v Wellington. 25 overs, 8 wickets for 27 runs

Hallatia

Referee
Not a great start to their second batting innings for New Zealand =|
0/2 after 2.2 overs is insane:crazy: but Taylor and McIntosh are steadying the ship

Usain Bolt

Bench
OMG that no ball is as close as it gets on that review, his foot looked behind the line when it planted and slid forward. But i guess that is still a no ball. Lol@ Crowe, McMillan and Smith having a big argument about it in the commentary box:lol:

Last edited:

edabomb

First Grade
Shouldn't be anywhere near international cricket anyway

Agreed, and you can add McIntosh to that. I predicted they'd score about 50 runs between them in this test. They managed to get 60, but McIntosh ran out our best batsmen and completely killed any momentum the team had in the process :crazy:

Fulton also found a new nickname - 'Simple Two Meter Peter'.

Hallatia

Referee
New Zealand all out for 153 to give them a lead of 250... Poised for an interesting finish, if we should see a result today, I can't call it though ... just got to see how New Zealand go with the ball today...

African Monkey

First Grade
Well done to our fast bowlers for keeping us in the match. I'm just wondering where our 'world class' spinner has been for the last innings.

IanG

Coach
1st Test Dunedin
New Zealand 1st Innings 429
Daniel Vettori 99
Ross Taylor 94
Brendon McCullum 78
Martin Guptill 60
Mohammad Asif 4 for 108 (34 Overs)

Pakistan 1st Innings 332
Umar Akmal 129
Kamran Akmal 82
Shane Bond 5 for 107 (27.5 overs)

New Zealand 2nd Innings 153
Ross Taylor 59
Mohammad Asif 4 for 43 (20 Overs)

Pakistan 2nd Innings 218
Umar Akmal 75
Mohammad Yousif 41
Shane Bons 3 for 46 (21 Overs)
Iain O'Brien 3 for 63 (23 Overs)

New Zealand won by 32 runs

Last edited:

Hallatia

Referee
New Zealand's second innings batting collapse is what paved the way for a result, and their second innings bowling was for the most part fantastic

Hallatia

Referee
Do you think they would've played out for a draw otherwise?
well, they all got out. Their second batting innings did not start too well and did not get much better, Taylor and McIntosh looked to be steadying, but didn't even get a century partnership. All out for 153 is a pretty poor effort, the Kiwis were almost ready to let go of their wickets, which really says no, they would not have played out for a draw...

IanG

Coach
03-07 Dec 2nd Test Basin Reserve Wellington
11-15 Dec 3rd Test McLean Park Napier (Road)

Latest posts