What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panther fans, did Gus do the right thing?

Did Gus do the right thing?

• Total voters

OldPanther

Coach
If everything everyone including the club has said is correct the timung was perfect and has improved our premiership chances. 4 weeks out from finals gives a few practice games.

Western Stand

Juniors
I don't know any organisation that would go and burn hundreds of thousands of dollars and allow their reputation to cop a battering if they didn't feel it was absolutely necessary.

Who on here has been happy with the level of commitment from the players in the past three games? We have given up more than 100 points. Of course, every team goes through a poor run of form. However, I have been watching this club for enough years to know when everything is firing and when something is distracting them.

Some will say that Gus is an ego-maniac. I don't know him and maybe he is, maybe he isn't. One thing for sure is, the board wouldn't have signed this off if they didn't think it was the best decision for the club.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't know any organisation that would go and burn hundreds of thousands of dollars and allow their reputation to cop a battering if they didn't feel it was absolutely necessary.

Who on here has been happy with the level of commitment from the players in the past three games? We have given up more than 100 points. Of course, every team goes through a poor run of form. However, I have been watching this club for enough years to know when everything is firing and when something is distracting them.

Some will say that Gus is an ego-maniac. I don't know him and maybe he is, maybe he isn't. One thing for sure is, the board wouldn't have signed this off if they didn't think it was the best decision for the club.
Come on. Averaging 34 points a game at this stage of the season is what all well coached sides do.

I just hope we can fix it within 4 games.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Whether it's yes or it's yes, but the timing was wrong depends on how much the playing group didn't get along with him. There are rumors they're in high spirits now and most didn't get along with him so I'm leaning towards yes.

If we delayed this we could have lost someone else like we lost Moylan.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
What O'Neill allegedly did I believe there was no choice after that. Gus had to move him on.
Ideally if he was on the outer it should have happened sooner.
The yep is for he shouldn't have been extended last year either.
Yep, this sums up how I feel too. Timing is awful. If there were problems, why extend?

BxTom

Bench
Read the article in the Griffin thread.
Why??

If there were problems (as there were) and they were still determined to extend him, they should only have offered him 12 months with agreed kpi's such as improved collaboration/co-operation, better use of available resources, better communication. He would then know he had to shape up or ship out. Terribly, terribly managed! But it is the Panthers...

If you need to read an article to know that, go for it.

Tom,

OldPanther

Coach
Why??

If there were problems (as there were) and they were still determined to extend him, they should only have offered him 12 months with agreed kpi's such as improved collaboration/co-operation, better use of available resources, better communication. He would then know he had to shape up or ship out. Terribly, terribly managed! But it is the Panthers...

If you need to read an article to know that, go for it.

Tom,

It explains the timing.

BxTom

Bench
It explains the timing.
I know the timing reason, but Panthers would have been better of managing this better so that the timin could have been avoided - as well as the payout and the rush search for a new coach.

OldPanther

Coach
I know the timing reason, but Panthers would have been better of managing this better so that the timin could have been avoided - as well as the payout and the rush search for a new coach.

I agree. Easy to say in hindsight though.

roofromoz

First Grade
... wrong timing but I am genuinely excited about what Ciraldo can bring in the remaining rounds and into the finals.