What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panther v Dragons - Round 11

abpanther

Staff member
Hey guys,

Any late mail on possible changes?

I heard Burns may not play and Seijka may come in, any news?

I got a feeling the boys will lift for this one

franklin2323

Immortal
1st home game. I missed since 1999. I just could get up to race in traffic to watch us score no points. From the crowd shots plenty of others joined me

abpanther

Staff member
Great win by the boys tonight, really impressed with the attitude and intensity, particularly in defense.

I thought Grant was a great all game, McKendry was good early.

Mansour is the find of the season so far IMO, his running game is awesome. Uaisele was also good, and Daniella a rock defensively.

I thought KIngston was very good and Simpkins looks handy

Old_Timer

Juniors
Congrats Panthers, really you should have won by 40+. The refs treated your mob very harshly methinks. You might win a few more yet!

Big Mick

Referee
I've been saying for weeks, the best bench structure for us is:
Prop, Prop/Backrow Hybrid, Backrower, Utility/Backrow

We went with tonight:
Chris Armit, Dayne Weston, Matt Robinson, Ryan Simpkins...

And what a coincidence we were committed and physical.

Best forwards performance since round 4.

AND...Josh Mansour...reminds me so much of Michael Gordon when he came into grade. Remember the book on Flash? Quick, able to break tackles, shifty...questionable defense. Gordon overcame the defensive flaws and thrived....Josh is showing the same progression.

As such...I'm not sure....we need to offer Flash a bucket load of cash. We already have so much cash tied up in Jennings...right or wrong.

Big Mick

Referee
Also credit to Tighe......the dude...two mistakes aside was very good tonight and extremely solid defensively.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Highlight of the night for mine was Josh Mansour after the siren showing a whole lot of excitement and a wonderful level of appreciation to the crowd.

Also super impressed with his efforts in the game as well as those of Simpkins, Grant was also much better and despite being lapped last week I think we've looked a whole load better since he got back.

franklin2323

Immortal
Also credit to Tighe......the dude...two mistakes aside was very good tonight and extremely solid defensively.

3 on the attack inside the 20 is terrible. I wish Daniela got as much ball as he did. He would of done plenty more with it. Infact our attack was terrible fullstop.

Caged Panther

First Grade
3 on the attack inside the 20 is terrible. I wish Daniela got as much ball as he did. He would of done plenty more with it. Infact our attack was terrible fullstop.

I don't to pretend there aren't problems with our attack...we still have plenty of work to do no arguments.

Were you at the game though? The amount of latitude afforded to the dragons to race up off there line from an offside position to lie all over our players was a contributing factor tonight to how poor our attack was.

The Realist

Juniors
AND...Josh Mansour...reminds me so much of Michael Gordon when he came into grade. Remember the book on Flash? Quick, able to break tackles, shifty...questionable defense. Gordon overcame the defensive flaws and thrived....Josh is showing the same progression.

As such...I'm not sure....we need to offer Flash a bucket load of cash. We already have so much cash tied up in Jennings...right or wrong.

Hmmm yeah Mansour does remind me a little of Flash, but Gordon had unbelievable speed in 05, 06, 07. After he copped those injuries his pace went down quite a bit but his ability to break tackles and wrong foot was still there. He is a poor mans Flash and will never be as good, but he is at least a capable back, and has potential to be significantly above average.

anjado

Juniors
I think Uaisele's catch in the last 10 minutes was the play of the game he had no blockers and 3 Dragons players ran through and he took it superbly. Surely now with Mansour and Uaisele both proving themselves to be of a good standard surely this must spell the end for the likes of David Simmons playing first grade for us.

Tighe was poor tonight he did 2 good things he made one awesome tackle when he drove Stanley? into touch and made a good line break. But his handling was atrocious and he blew two good attacking opportunities for us. I usually defend Tighe i think he has played well for us on a few occasions especially in 2010 but tonight he was poor and if we can add Jennings back we should finish the season strongly.

Get Uaisele back on the left with Jennings i am not sure why they were separated after there awesome performance against the Eels. Keep starting McKendry and Grant we are much stronger when they are on the field. Bring someone in for Galea who is terrible and we might have a decent side.

I think Armit has been pretty good for us this season and plays the role of 4th front rower well so did Achurch to be fair. Weston has had a very good season too.

I think tonight we played superbly and the only faults were Tighe and our last play options on occasion when we just threw the ball anywhere Burns,Austin or Coote needed to demand the ball on the last.

Everywhere else i thought we were great we dominated the game they only got back into them due to atrocious and biased referring. We dominated up the middle all game up until that point and hopefully we can produce a good performance next week.

betcats

Referee
Great game! for some reason i convinced a couple mates tocome up to the pub haha was a good one despite being the only pricks there. refs were terrible, im struggling to remember a bad player, tighe had a couple errors u dont usually see from him but was very vood in defense as well as geoff,great game by all i thought, mansour looks to be a player if we can judge fromm his two games, he was very good and what a catch by etu late in the second. losing soward obviously hurt the dragons but full credit to the boys, coote was very good sliding into our attack aswell i thought.

Big Mick

Referee
Hmmm yeah Mansour does remind me a little of Flash, but Gordon had unbelievable speed in 05, 06, 07. After he copped those injuries his pace went down quite a bit but his ability to break tackles and wrong foot was still there. He is a poor mans Flash and will never be as good, but he is at least a capable back, and has potential to be significantly above average.

You wouldn't say that Flash had shown as much potential after two games.

Who is to say he can't.

He did many things that flash would do tonight. Shifty on his feet, running upright while brushing tacklers off and gaining extra yards.

I think we are witnessing the emergence of a potentially good career here. I hope he is nurtured well. I see a LOT of talent there.

Big Mick

Referee
I think Uaisele's catch in the last 10 minutes was the play of the game he had no blockers and 3 Dragons players ran through and he took it superbly. Surely now with Mansour and Uaisele both proving themselves to be of a good standard surely this must spell the end for the likes of David Simmons playing first grade for us.

That was a great highlight for me as well!

That was ballsy.

if we can add Jennings back we should finish the season strongly.

Why? What exactly did Jennings prove at Windsor to justify a promotion back to the top grade.

From everything I heard he was just as lazy...

Latest posts