What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panther v Dragons - Round 11

betcats

Referee
3 on the attack inside the 20 is terrible. I wish Daniela got as much ball as he did. He would of done plenty more with it. Infact our attack was terrible fullstop.

I wasnt expecting much but you predicted we score zero, dont go for the first time in thirteen years and we win a a good game, the best our attack has looked for a few weeks atleast and all you say after the game is how bad tighe was and our attack was crap. our first win for a few weeks and our first home win in a long time. you"re a muppet.

RedVDave

First Grade
Congrat's Penny Panthers fans!
Your mob deserved that win by a country mile, last 20 minutes was very exciting footy, I can see you beating the Cowboys next week as well, best of luck for the rest of the season guys.

anjado

Juniors
That was a great highlight for me as well!

That was ballsy.

Why? What exactly did Jennings prove at Windsor to justify a promotion back to the top grade.

From everything I heard he was just as lazy...

Because without Jennings we are going to struggle to score more than 2 tries per game. He may have been lazy but the club saying he was dropped due to poor form was lazier, if that was the case we would of only fielded about 5 players last night.

Jennings needs to sort out his attitude but he has played far better this season than he has the past two seasons the reason we started the season reasonably well is that we were dangerous with the ball. We aren't half as dangerous without Jennings if we just switched Jennings for Tighe who was our worst player tonight.

As much as Jennings may have shown a poor attitude apart from his missed tackle last week i don't think he has sabotaged the team in terms of performance. It is the responsibility of everyone to play that hard every week with Jennings or without. So it is poor form from the entire side that has let everyone down rather than one individual.

Whilst we won tonight and played very well and with heart just go back to the Tigers game when Jennings was missing and we played with none.

In Contrast against the Roosters we put in a great defensive performance and Jennings was a massive part of that win.

age.s

First Grade
Absolutely spot on anjado.

I wasnt expecting much but you predicted we score zero, dont go for the first time in thirteen years and we win a a good game, the best our attack has looked for a few weeks atleast and all you say after the game is how bad tighe was and our attack was crap. our first win for a few weeks and our first home win in a long time. you"re a muppet.

:lol:

How you feeling this morning mate?

chrisD

Coach
Performance justified the cold. Everyone except Tighe was good and Mansour is a godsend, having confidence in the wingers make the games so much better.

betcats

Referee
Absolutely spot on anjado.

:lol:

How you feeling this morning mate?

lol heads a bit sore, but winning last night makes it all ok.

Say what you want about that win last night, but above all else it was a gritty, tough win by a young, understrength team that is down on confidence, and to come to post purely negative shit like that pisses me off.

chrisD

Coach
I never called your boyfriend shit, I said he's too slow and understrengthed to be a first grade fullback as his cover and last line defence is poor. Now how the f**k does kicking a field goal change that exactly?

betcats

Referee
How does being too slow and unsuited to his position equate to him being one of our best most weeks, for the last three years?

I take your point about him being slow, but not the one about his defense, its just not true imo.

Big Mick

Referee
Whatever you think dude.

But all he has done all season is prove people wrong...and he keeps doing that.

And his cover and last line defense is just fine. He shouldn't be in the position where he has to tackle as a FB.

And despite his flaws he is consistently one of our best and contributes in more than one phase of play. THAT is what a fullback does these days. If you'd open your eyes, you'd see that. But keep going thinking like that...it is working for you.

Bob

Juniors
1st home game. I missed since 1999. I just could get up to race in traffic to watch us score no points. From the crowd shots plenty of others joined me
Maybe you should miss a few more home games, you could be bad luck:D

chrisD

Coach
How does being too slow and unsuited to his position equate to him being one of our best most weeks, for the last three years?

I take your point about him being slow, but not the one about his defense, its just not true imo.

Being slow is what hurts his defence at FB most, it's not so much that he misses the tackles, although he does, but often he doesn't get within distance to make an attempt. He can be one of our best in another position where speed is not key to everything.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Very happy with the win, principally the committment in defence. Somthing we aren't renown for.

Not getting carried away just yet because I don't think the Dragons are going that great, but winning does become habitual. Just look at the Sharkies. You have to start somewhere.

If we can get over the Cowboys without JT, Scott, Tamou and Tate, we may grow some confidence going forward.

Saw some good signs last night but still highlighted our deficiencies, a good organising 7 and a tackle breaking back rower. We would look so much stronger if we could fill these voids.

age.s

First Grade
There's nothing wrong with Coote. He's a great support player, can chime in with a kick, has great hands and plays a long way above his weight. I reckon there are plenty of clubs that would have him. He's just a good fullback in a time where the game is flush with excellent fullbacks. Slater, Stewart, Hayne, Gordon, Bowen, Dugan, Boyd, Inglis, Barba all range between very good and ATG players and have some measure of physical ability that Lachlan lacks. Doesn't make him a bad player, it just means if he was quicker he'd be among the best fullbacks in the world.

betcats

Referee
Being slow is what hurts his defence at FB most, it's not so much that he misses the tackles, although he does, but often he doesn't get within distance to make an attempt. He can be one of our best in another position where speed is not key to everything.

I probably agree with a lot of this as well, but the thing is, i still think he is consistently one of our best each week.

There are much bigger holes in our team, focusing on one of our best performers who is a rep player(You cannot take that away from him) is silly. FB is not an area of our team that needs to be addressed right now, as far as im concerned we are well covered.

franklin2323

Immortal
the best our attack has looked for a few weeks atleast

:lol::lol: a decoy run by Grant & a smart run by Kingston was the best for a few weeks.

How many times did we have numbers on the left & go right. Atleast 3 times we had a turn over on the last. Once Grant got it on the last. Our tries against Melbourne were great. Yes we won built on great defence & committment that was lack in the Manly & Newcastle game.

We came up to a depleted disappointing Dragons team. It was much needed & much better then prior weeks. Still we did plenty wrong. We gave away 11 penalties. Had 55% possession. 55% time in the attacking 1/2 & had 2 tries both smart work by Kingston. Yes plenty got called back all bar the forward pass by Lewis were all off the kick.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
:lol::lol: a decoy run by Grant & a smart run by Kingston was the best for a few weeks. Our tries against Melbourne were great. Yes we won built on great defence. We gave away 11 penalties. Had 55% possession. 55% time in the attacking 1/2 & had 2 tries both smart work by Kingston. Yes plenty got called back all bar the forward pass by Lewis were all off the kick.

Then our attack was crap then :crazy:

I still stand by my original assesment, you're a muppet.

franklin2323

Immortal
Then our attack was crap then :crazy:I still stand by my original assesment, you're a muppet.

Why because I think we can play crap & win.

That what sh!ts me with Penrith fans. You can't have a differing opinion if we lose it's Walsh's fault. If we win we are so good at every facet of the game. Talk about being muppets.

Yes our attack most games is crap. 0 scored twice. All bar 1 game under 20 points scored. We don't spread it. We don't offload or have 2nd phase play.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Well done on the win, fully deserved it would have been a travesty if we won, didn't deserve it, I was convinced after the first half effort u guys put in against storm, it would be a tough game, also played wet weather footy with change of angles, we ran cross field too much, congrats on the win

Latest posts