What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panther v Dragons - Round 11

betcats

Referee
Why because I think we can play crap & win.

That what sh!ts me with Penrith fans. You can't have a differing opinion if we lose it's Walsh's fault. If we win we are so good at every facet of the game. Talk about being muppets.

Yes our attack most games is crap. 0 scored twice. All bar 1 game under 20 points scored. We don't spread it. We don't offload or have 2nd phase play.

Did i say we were so good in every facet? I said it was a great game, and our attack was better then it had been, which imo it was. I agree that it has been crap, and was crap last night, but it was slightly less crap, if you get that.

This is what I hate about Panthers fans, You enjoy win and suddenly im some head in the sand optimist:roll:.

Does this suit you better:

"we are so shit, the shittest ever, why the hell aren't these kids and reserve graders playing like melbourne...wah wah wah, im not even gonna mention one positive from our win last night, just how shit we are, cause we are so shit"

GTFOH you muppet.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
I do think the austin burns combination is at this point better than any other we have.Yes there where mistakes but at least there is potentel in this combination.Austin is still learning and with time will make the position his own.Burns gives us the running half with that added mongrell

chrisD

Coach
At this stage I don't think Austin offers anything at 6 and without Walsh our kicking game was poor (besides some good Burns grubbers). If Coote did more kicking we might be able to go without Walsh, but I don't think Austin is going to provide enough to make him and Burns viable anytime soon.

age.s

First Grade
I didn't think our attack was that bad. We did some things wrong, but we created plenty of pressure with back to back sets, and would have created more if the Dragons weren't given continuous free trips down field. Daniela was unlucky not to have 2 tries, Mansour dropped one over the line. On most nights that game finishes 24-6.

We're not creating as much out because we've been lacking impact on the edge of the ruck and until recently haven't had much firepower in the backs. That our backrow is pretty pedestrian isn't news and hasn't been all year.

Completely disagree that Austin offers nothing. He's been good, dangerous running the ball and has a good pass. He, Lewis and Coote linked up for a nice play on the left last night but we didn't have the class to finish it off. He's not a defensive liability like Walsh either.

betcats

Referee
I think all of Austins starts have come in a seriously beaten team besides last night, i think we should give him some time.

franklin2323

Immortal
GTFOH you muppet.

:lol::lol: I only mentioned Tighe & the attack as standing out as poor (others have said similar). I said why you disagree & only bring insults to the table. Shows you have nothing.

I thought we would get a dour game. I am leaving to Townsville on Wed. So rather then leave work 2 hours early to make it in time. Thought I would miss a game.

If it was a wkd or not so close to leaving or we had Jennings or Gordon play & had some spark. I would of gone. Or played an attacking team. I won't miss the warriors game.

If having an opinion & openly admitting to missing a boring game makes me a muppet then I am.

betcats

Referee
:lol::lol: I only mentioned Tighe & the attack as standing out as poor (others have said similar). I said why you disagree & only bring insults to the table. Shows you have nothing.

I thought we would get a dour game. I am leaving to Townsville on Wed. So rather then leave work 2 hours early to make it in time. Thought I would miss a game.

If it was a wkd or not so close to leaving or we had Jennings or Gordon play & had some spark. I would of gone. Or played an attacking team. I won't miss the warriors game.

If having an opinion & openly admitting to missing a boring game makes me a muppet then I am.

You seem to have ignored 95 percent of my post...

Say what you want, but our first win in 6 weeks and you come online after the game just to "mention" that our attack was crap and Tighe was crap.

Thats the only reason you came into that game thread, you posted nothing else until this morning, you just had to make sure everyone knew how crap we played and how crap Tighe is. Muppet.

chrisD

Coach
Wasn't like Austin was starved for possession. They did that unco looking play where they throw it straight back to him a few times. He looks uncomfortable at 6 whereas he looked pretty good in the back row.

betcats

Referee
Wasn't like Austin was starved for possession. They did that unco looking play where they throw it straight back to him a few times. He looks uncomfortable at 6 whereas he looked pretty good in the back row.

Of course he is gettin the ball, i wasnt saying that.

I just think our whole team looks uncomfortable in attack, our injuries and all our changes are hurting us, our back line looks considerably different every week, Our dominant half got injured, i know it sounds like im making excuses for him but to judge him on the few games he has started in the 6 this season is harsh.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thats the only reason you came into that game thread, you posted nothing else until this morning, you just had to make sure everyone knew how crap we played and how crap Tighe is. Muppet.

I always read the gameday thread while watching the game. Sometimes I see things too one eyed. So it's good to gauge thoughts of neutrals.

The team played well except for those errors. Just because I thought we played terrible doesn't mean everyone has to agree. That's the great thing anyone can post their thoughts here.

Btw. Did you see me post anywhere else? The site wouldn't load for me.

abpanther

Staff member
Just watching some of the videos of Jennings and Cleary on Foxsports, certainly seems like there's a rift there.

Jennings laughed when asked if there were any 'benefits' from playing for Windsor last week.

Cleary says that he wasn't suprised Jennings was picked for NSW, saying that Stuart wants a team that scores points and "Michael can certainly do that". Seems like he was implying that his attack is fine, but his defense is questionable.

Certainly a wedge there IMO

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone that we have offers more then Walsh. Simple as that

See the 3 I rate better won't get a start due to cap restrictions. We haven't shown we are better off without Walsh. Players like Coote & Austin have got more involved. When he returns that needs to continue.

Where we miss Walsh is 5th tackle options. ATM we struggle at that stage. Sure 99% it's a kick but someone takes control. Now the ball goes back in the hope to find someone. Until next year he is the best option with extra involvement from Austin. Coote etc.

BOMAR

Juniors
At this stage I don't think Austin offers anything at 6 and without Walsh our kicking game was poor (besides some good Burns grubbers). If Coote did more kicking we might be able to go without Walsh, but I don't think Austin is going to provide enough to make him and Burns viable anytime soon.
Coote has been doing the majority of the kicking with burns since the manly game and I fail to see where the love is for his kicking, apart from his field goal last night most of his kicks have been quite ordinary really. As for last nights game Austin kicked twice, one which was a nothing kick, but the other went in goal and he came up with the tackle for a repeat set. Coote had 4 kicks that were nothing special. Last week austin kicked a great 40/20. He is still learning and has a long way to go, but is still contributing to the team. I dont know wether it is the game plan but coote actually cuts in at times and then rushes his kicks.

betcats

Referee
I always read the gameday thread while watching the game. Sometimes I see things too one eyed. So it's good to gauge thoughts of neutrals.

The team played well except for those errors. Just because I thought we played terrible doesn't mean everyone has to agree. That's the great thing anyone can post their thoughts here.

Btw. Did you see me post anywhere else? The site wouldn't load for me.

You posted your thoughts and i posted mine.

I didnt have an issue with how you thought we played, though i disagreed.
My issue was with you playing buzz killington straight after our first win in six weeks.

But whatever, we've had our say now, so i'm moving on.

chrisD

Coach
Coote has been doing the majority of the kicking with burns since the manly game and I fail to see where the love is for his kicking, apart from his field goal last night most of his kicks have been quite ordinary really. As for last nights game Austin kicked twice, one which was a nothing kick, but the other went in goal and he came up with the tackle for a repeat set. Coote had 4 kicks that were nothing special. Last week austin kicked a great 40/20. He is still learning and has a long way to go, but is still contributing to the team. I dont know wether it is the game plan but coote actually cuts in at times and then rushes his kicks.

I'd hope it's the game plan considering he easily has the biggest boot of any Penrith player, Walsh does not have a long boot and no-one elses long kicking game really rates a mention. There appears a concerted effort to not have Austin doing much (almost any) kicking, I'm assuming it's for a reason.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
We need to remember Austin has come nearly straight out of u20 and is finding his feet.He is the one for the position.We dont want another Wade Graham situation where he was bagged for not being good enough.Now look how good he is going as he matures and learns first grade.wE should be backing Austin not tearing him down

chrisD

Coach
He can find his feet in first grade in another position when Walsh is fit, one where he looks more comfortable.

Latest posts