What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers cap crisis.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think a straight swap between Chase Stanley and Michael Jennings is the only logical solution here

Lambretta

First Grade
I think a straight swap between Chase Stanley and Michael Jennings is the only logical solution here

Hutty - I like the cut of your jib, but how about Justin Carney and Michael Jennings as another option?

Or even better - the Dragons can give Chase Stanley to the Panthers and the Panthers can give Michael Jennings to the Roosters and the Dragons can pay Michael Jennings salary as they have room under their cap.

That seems like a brilliant deal to me.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think you blokes may be on to something. A few slight tweaks though. Jennings stays at Penrith, the dragons can pay his contract, they have the room so it would be a shame to waste all that cap space. The roosters, well they can just get f**ked:)

Panfas

Juniors
Straight sway Chase Stanley for Michael Jennings IF the dragons cop the full wage of MJ, all $600k of it. Of course we would only pay CS $100k, and anything else the Drags have to pay. Leaves us in a perfect position to snare Jon Thurston!

Of course this will never happen, but it would be the only way us Pennies would be happy with it

Hutty1986

Immortal
Hutty - I like the cut of your jib, but how about Justin Carney and Michael Jennings as another option?

Or even better - the Dragons can give Chase Stanley to the Panthers and the Panthers can give Michael Jennings to the Roosters and the Dragons can pay Michael Jennings salary as they have room under their cap.

That seems like a brilliant deal to me.

I'm not so sure.. most of our cap is sure to go towards upgrading the great Michael Henderson's contract

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why is everyone so sure Thurston is leaving the cowboys ?
There were whispers a while ago of him being unconvinced that the Cowboys were premiership potential while he was still at his peak.

Some would say the bulk of their young talent will only hit their prime after Thurston has finished his peak years. He is 29. Time is running out. He is a great half but has never won a premiership with the #7/6 jersey on his back. That's a pretty important part of his resume that is missing and he might think he has a better chance of fulfilling it somewhere else.

mxlegend99

Referee
Any club Thurston goes to will be premiership contenders. If i were him id go for the money if leaving Cowboys. Panthers were shit this year but a simple change of Walsh to Thurston would not only give you a halfback with 10 times the talent, everyone running off him or linking up with up him will improve aswell as a result of him giving them more time, space, better ball and creating uncertainty in the opposition. It would be a shame if the Panthers lost Jennings to get Thurston, because outside of Thurston he would be arguably the most dangerous centre in the comp.

Stagger Lee

Bench
He is 29. Time is running out. He is a great half but has never won a premiership with the #7/6 jersey on his back. That's a pretty important part of his resume that is missing and he might think he has a better chance of fulfilling it somewhere else.

So moving to the Homebush rabbiturds is off the cards then :lol:

franklin2323

Immortal
Any club Thurston goes to will be premiership contenders. If i were him id go for the money if leaving Cowboys. Panthers were shit this year but a simple change of Walsh to Thurston would not only give you a halfback with 10 times the talent, everyone running off him or linking up with up him will improve aswell as a result of him giving them more time, space, better ball and creating uncertainty in the opposition. It would be a shame if the Panthers lost Jennings to get Thurston, because outside of Thurston he would be arguably the most dangerous centre in the comp.

Look at Linnett and Graham outside of him