What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers fan appraisal...

Red'n'White

Juniors
How do you think the Panthers will go this year. Lost a couple of good players, new coach, and a little distraction to start the season.

I'm a Dragons fan myself but I have picked you guys to finish in the top 6.

I'd just like to hear from Panthers fans. Tell me what ya think.

choc_soldier

Coach
We have a team capable of making the 8 - whether or not that happens, of course, is another thing.

A change of coach could just be the thing we needed, as we stagnated under JL.

I see it as another re-building year, as we have lost some key players, and our squad has a number of rookies. We could make a serious assult in 2008.

mxlegend99

Referee
Top 8 shouldn't be an issue.

We have the core of our 2003 premiership team. We have some great new juniors, and we're finally going to have some new strategies on the field. Langs strategies were very predictable 3 years after winning a premiership, and not very effective.

Our forwards are fitter then ever, and even guys like Rooney are training harder then ever before. We have more depth then we have had the past 2 years... and a lot of juniors who are waiting for a chance at first grade. I expect when they get the chance, the will make the most of it.

I doubt we're much chance of the Premiership. But we should make the top 8, possibly top 6 if we are lucky with injuries. I think we're going to be a bigger force in years to come though. Especially if we go for a big signing or two before next season.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I don't know where we will come but like always I tag along for the ride. :D It's exciting this year with a new coach, the fight for 5/8 rights, Girds back and the boys enthusiasm is contagious! Look out!!!

The Teach

Juniors
I have been saying right through the off-season that with our juniors coming into the side, top 6 is a definite possibility, especially if we find the right player to fill the 6 jersey. Recent history proves that you need solid players in the 1, 6, 7 and 9 jersies. We have Rhys, Gowie and Priddo in the 1, 7 and 9 jersies respectively. The 6 is our area of concern but there seems to be plenty of competition for it with Pete Wallace, Craig Trindall, Brett Firman and even Jarrod Sammut in contention for it.

Kilkenny

Coach
We underachieved in 05/06. no question.

Without putting too much pressure on Matt Elliot, nothing less than a top 8 position will be acceptable.

Notwithstanding the eveness of the competition, I am confident we are a reasonable chance of finishing in the top 4. Whether we do or not, like most sides will be dependant upon a reasonable run with injuries.

If Gowie, Wesser and Priddis play all 26 rounds we will finish in the top 4, simple as that.

BJW#84

Juniors
My tip is Penrith to finish between 5-8. An away semi final first up against either Brisbane, Melbourne, Warriors or Gold Coast.

murraymob

Coach
BJW#84 said:
My tip is Penrith to finish between 5-8. An away semi final first up against either Brisbane, Melbourne, Warriors or Gold Coast.
Sounds like a couple of easy games :D:D

Dave Q

Coach
The hot weather hasnt helped their forwards in the trials.

Gowie's alleged problems usually result in very good games from him on-field where he does most of his talking. If he gets injured, I would worry.

Pritchard's absence shouldnt effect them too much as a deduction but lessens any stellar opportunites they may have.

They have admitted its a building year, a time to train up the youngsters for the future. They have not put themselves under any pressure. Thats a good strategic portrayal. I imagine its a different story in the sheds.

So I dont think they would be underperforming if they reached 10th.

Good luck to them and their good players such as Trindall and Rooney.

The Teach

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Pritchard's absence shouldnt effect them too much as a deduction but lessens any stellar opportunites they may have.

It has actually been reported that he will be back for round 1 Dave. And with the summer he has had, heaven help anybody that gets in his way!

Kilkenny

Coach
If the hand is 90% or better come game day on the 17th I would expect Pritchard to be in the 17.

TITAN1

Juniors
The Teach said:
It has actually been reported that he will be back for round 1 Dave. And with the summer he has had, heaven help anybody that gets in his way!
Why?
It was his own fault,he shouldnt have been there!:roll:

Latest posts