What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Broncos

betcats

Referee
We were particularly bad defensively last night, 66 missed tackles…I think I read that is the most by any team all season. Very uncharacteristic from us.

tripster

Juniors
What happened to May?

I am not sure, I think it was related to his left knee. His left knee and leg were heavily strapped at the start of the game. I don't think he copped he a hit during the game, it just looked like whatever problem he was suffering from got worse as the game went on. I had heard that he still suffers recurring issues related to his ACL injury of many season ago, perhaps it was related to that.

Munky

Coach
We were particularly bad defensively last night, 66 missed tackles…I think I read that is the most by any team all season. Very uncharacteristic from us.

We didn't stick first contact at all in the middle. Yeo is the key to our entire pack, makes everyone look better in both attack and defence.

Next week watch Welch in defence. His first contact stops the player in his tracks and then once the momentum is stopped he immediately starts making a play at the ball. The carrier occasionally panics as they've both lost all go forward and losing control of the ball.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was a disappointing performance and just further highlights we just aren’t the same side without Nathan Cleary.

66 missed tackles sounds a lot and is, I thought we defended well for large parts of the game and was surprised/disappointed to concede the two soft tries. I heard a caller on radio say 20 of our missed tackles were on three tackle plays alone where where the Broncos player in possession ran across field and fended off arm grabs by our players. Don’t know whether these count as missed tackles in the official stats but I seem to remember one across field run from Brodie Croft who fended off half a dozen or more would be defenders.

Edwards and To’o probably our best. Mitch Kenny seems to have copped a bit of flack and criticism for his service and missed tackle count. He certainly played a part in one of the Broncos tries and was guilty of a forward pass out of dummy half not but not sure he should shoulder a chunk of the blame for our underwhelming performance.

Two points, move on I guess.

John Hamblin

Juniors
It was a disappointing performance and just further highlights we just aren’t the same side without Nathan Cleary.

66 missed tackles sounds a lot and is, I thought we defended well for large parts of the game and was surprised/disappointed to concede the two soft tries. I heard a caller on radio say 20 of our missed tackles were on three tackle plays alone where where the Broncos player in possession ran across field and fended off arm grabs by our players. Don’t know whether these count as missed tackles in the official stats but I seem to remember one across field run from Brodie Croft who fended off half a dozen or more would be defenders.

Edwards and To’o probably our best. Mitch Kenny seems to have copped a bit of flack and criticism for his service and missed tackle count. He certainly played a part in one of the Broncos tries and was guilty of a forward pass out of dummy half not but not sure he should shoulder a chunk of the blame for our underwhelming performance.

Two points, move on I guess.

I was looking forward to playing the Broncos at Penrith, They the Broncos play MUCH better at home. We will be short on troops next week . I do not share the NEGATIVITY of many on here. We share the competition leaders. Form will ebb and flow throughout the season. No matter how Yeo comes back from the head knock he should be rested next week. Yeo Cleary Fish etc will be fresh for the important end of season games. Go Panthers!

WestyLife

First Grade
An attacking mindset doesn't take the 2 when Flegler is binned. Nor keep kicking early

Exactly. They've lost the killer instinct which Nathan seems to have. He's overruled the call to go for two a few times and plays more eyes up than people give credit for.

franklin2323

Immortal
Exactly. They've lost the killer instinct which Nathan seems to have. He's overruled the call to go for two a few times and plays more eyes up than people give credit for.

Which is easy to do when you have a strong leader on field. Both Captains out. Api next experienced out. Who was taking charge to over rule the coach?

The times A forward got it on the last. Was proof of this instead of risking the 7 tackles Kenny goes to Fish and Moses