What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Broncos

franklin2323

Immortal
Means nothing once a player is in the bin. It was awful game management. I really expected Luai to dominate after Origin, been super disappointing

I know you expect miracles. He is doing Nathan's job of controlling the with less tools around him.

Exact same when Burton was doing that job last week. He didn't look him normal self due to organising because May. Atleast there was Api and Yeo to help that

franklin2323

Immortal
You are so full of it he was totally MIA

So Burton was MIA v Warriors?

Luai last night 8 runs 48m. 12 kicks 407m. 0 errors

Burton v Warriors

8 runs 66m. 14 Kicks 452m. 1 error

Lets look at Parra game too

Luai

3 runs 9 m. 12 kicks for 394m. 0 errors

Given Cleary ave 500 kick metres a game. Someone had to take up the extra duties. May at 7 will give no kicking. So it looks like whoever in 6 was told keep it simple. No errors. Given the 3 games are very similar and resulted in no try assists from the 6.

Given all 3 games were wins. That is the main thing

Smug Panther

First Grade
So Burton was MIA v Warriors?

Luai last night 8 runs 48m. 12 kicks 407m. 0 errors

Burton v Warriors

8 runs 66m. 14 Kicks 452m. 1 error

Lets look at Parra game too

Luai

3 runs 9 m. 12 kicks for 394m. 0 errors

Given Cleary ave 500 kick metres a game. Someone had to take up the extra duties. May at 7 will give no kicking. So it looks like whoever in 6 was told keep it simple. No errors. Given the 3 games are very similar and resulted in no try assists from the 6.

Given all 3 games were wins. That is the main thing
Luai's work from our half was mostly acceptable, his work in their half was woeful

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai's work from our half was mostly acceptable, his work in their half was woeful

Similar to Burton the week before. Like I said it looks tactics. I'd expect which ever one is the number 1 kicker this week to play the same thing.

The structure is set up to play through the 9. Which is fine when that is Api when it isn't it just to predictable and the ball doesn't get past the edge backrowers. Atleast Api runs it more and generally reads the play better.

WhenBrodie Croft is taking intercepts off the hooker it is time to mix it up.

Have Burton run the show and let the outside backs get some ball

WestyLife

First Grade
Similar to Burton the week before. Like I said it looks tactics. I'd expect which ever one is the number 1 kicker this week to play the same thing.

The structure is set up to play through the 9. Which is fine when that is Api when it isn't it just to predictable and the ball doesn't get past the edge backrowers. Atleast Api runs it more and generally reads the play better.

WhenBrodie Croft is taking intercepts off the hooker it is time to mix it up.

Have Burton run the show and let the outside backs get some ball

What's with the whataboutism? How Burton played last time has no bearing on Luai this week.

franklin2323

Immortal
What's with the whataboutism? How Burton played last time has no bearing on Luai this week.

It does if it is tactics though. Very similar stat lines doesn't show tactics? Which is how this was started with negative tactics like taking the 2 against 12 players.

Like look at May in the 7. Offers very little in the way of kicking. Replacing a guy that is top of the comp in kick metres.

So the 6 needs to change how they play and do a more organising role or we get smashed

WestyLife

First Grade
It does if it is tactics though. Very similar stat lines doesn't show tactics? Which is how this was started with negative tactics like taking the 2 against 12 players.

Like look at May in the 7. Offers very little in the way of kicking. Replacing a guy that is top of the comp in kick metres.

So the 6 needs to change how they play and do a more organising role or we get smashed

Luai is now a rep half and his biggest attribute is supposedly his ability to play instinctively. He should be able to get his hands on the ball and try to create outside the game plan.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai is now a rep half and his biggest attribute is supposedly his ability to play instinctively. He should be able to get his hands on the ball and try to create outside the game plan.
Why though just to pad stats? The team should come 1st not individual stats.

I know people on here want more attack but lets look we are 4 from 6 without Cleary this year. To go with the 1 win and 1 draw last year.

It isn't just numpty teams Knights made the 8 last year. Beat 2 top 4 sides this year and lost by a point to the side runnning 7th without all the Origin guys.

The game plan works. Why change it?

All the disruption this season especially the last month or so and we are equal 1st. The squad has shown it can adapt and that is good going forward

WestyLife

First Grade
Why though just to pad stats? The team should come 1st not individual stats.

I know people on here want more attack but lets look we are 4 from 6 without Cleary this year. To go with the 1 win and 1 draw last year.

It isn't just numpty teams Knights made the 8 last year. Beat 2 top 4 sides this year and lost by a point to the side runnning 7th without all the Origin guys.

The game plan works. Why change it?

All the disruption this season especially the last month or so and we are equal 1st. The squad has shown it can adapt and that is good going forward

People are just expecting him to do the job a half is suppose to and at worst play his natural game.

It might work mid season when we are playing average teams but it won't win finals games.

franklin2323

Immortal
People are just expecting him to do the job a half is suppose to and at worst play his natural game.

It might work mid season when we are playing average teams but it won't win finals games.

I don't think May would be the 7 if it was a finals game. Burton could play the organiser role and leave Luai to do his natural thing.

Though no Yeo or Api and we lose a finals game anyway regardless of the rest of the side.

Certainly won't work this week. So need a new tactic but no May will force Ivan's hand

Bodhi

Juniors
Really like the finishing ability of Staines but wonder why he doesn’t try to cut back inside and make it easier for the kickers? Like for the try he scored, he only had to step Tesi Niu. He probably could have got the try in the 1st half too had he done that instead of going for the corner. It will also put the defenders in two minds; atm, they know he will always shoot for the corner. It’s not just this one game either, gives the impression he doesn’t have a step in him which I’m sure is not true.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I don't think May would be the 7 if it was a finals game. Burton could play the organiser role and leave Luai to do his natural thing.

Though no Yeo or Api and we lose a finals game anyway regardless of the rest of the side.

Certainly won't work this week. So need a new tactic but no May will force Ivan's hand
What's May's injury?

martielang

Bench
I think Franko just trying to point out the double standards by some when judging anyone v Burton…

Luai was average but not the first or last player to have a poor night first game back from an injury. Also feel he’s a little hamstrung with the role he was given. Surely as our premier player he should get free reign and be allowed to get his hands on the ball on either side of the field.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think Franko just trying to point out the double standards by some when judging anyone v Burton…

Luai was average but not the first or last player to have a poor night first game back from an injury. Also feel he’s a little hamstrung with the role he was given. Surely as our premier player he should get free reign and be allowed to get his hands on the ball on either side of the field.

The last part is exactly the point. It is absolutely within his talents to play both sides and trouble defences. It's not happening and everyone can speculate as to why but it would greatly benefit the team.