What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

chrisD

Coach
I think that break Api made off Dylan’s play the ball was a sliding doors moment. He gets the pass right to Cleary then Cleary scores. If Cleary takes it cleaner or dives or swerves or something he could have got there. Next play we go the other way from the ruck we probably score. If Api doesn’t throw a cut out we probably score. If Burton does something other than just run left and out we probably get them.

We were all over them, it felt like we had them where we wanted them but we just couldn’t finish it and then that became the story of the night, not being able to finish.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think that break Api made off Dylan’s play the ball was a sliding doors moment. He gets the pass right to Cleary then Cleary scores. If Cleary takes it cleaner or dives or swerves or something he could have got there. Next play we go the other way from the ruck we probably score. If Api doesn’t throw a cut out we probably score. If Burton does something other than just run left and out we probably get them.

We were all over them, it felt like we had them where we wanted them but we just couldn’t finish it and then that became the story of the night, not being able to finish.

Exactly.

Panfa

Juniors
I'm happy for naden to stay on 1 wing put chrichton in the centres with Burton and have t'oo return for momirovski who took too many wrong options in attack.If kikau is out bring in leniu otherwise if kikau is ok drop Kenny who offers nothing and put leniu in.We need a big physical pack to match storm and go wide as much as we can.

Panfa

Juniors
Even though penrith may be a little bruised and battered we are match hardened.Storm have only played 1 semi and that was a walk in the park, there fresh but a soft win over manly could be there demise.They will be confident but we can definitely cause an upset next sat night.Im not a fan of our small pack starting games.We need a good start against storm or we could be blown away in the 1st 20 like last yrs gf.

GongPanther

Referee
I’m obviously worried about our attack and the lack of fluency, the poor early kick decisions and lack of crisp passing through the backline. I’m not sure what’s the deal with the form of the likes of Luai, Cleary and Burton. I am also mentally prepared for the disappointment of possibly losing to Storm next week and missing the GF as I know need to be a lot better than we have been lately.

However I’m also a little disappointed about how little praise our defence gets, even from some of our own fans. Don’t take a Penrith team defending so well for granted. For almost as long as I can remember, Penrith teams under Griffin, Elliott, Lang, Simmons etc had mediocre or poor defensive structures and leaked 20+ points per game. Even the 2003 champions conceded 21+ points per game all season. So we should be proud of supporting a Panthers team that has had the best defence over the last 2 years. Maybe Ivan Cleary is lacking something in being able to coach an attack to go all the way but he has certainly helped with the defence.
Once we play the likes of the Storm, we will really start to show our true colours. We are the ONLY side that has the chance to defeat the storm...period because of our brutal and relentless defense.

maple_69

Bench
Ah well it wasn’t convincing but it was the first real game of footy I’ve seen in a long time so that’s nice. Gripping game, props to the Eels for really sacking up this last month. Big improvement on their pea heart departures the last few years.
I thought Naden had a fantastic game, incredibly composed. Really happy for him.
Critta had some freakish plays. Yeo is the best forward in the game now. 8/10 every single week on both sides of the ball. Inspirational.

Gotta throw everything at it next week. Turn up with the same attitude as we had tonight, get lucky with some of those half chances and we might just get Melbourne on an average night. We won’t win with one try though. Naden stays, Momo goes, Critta into centre. Tago in for Kenny. Leniu for Kik if he’s out.

martielang

Bench
I see no reason to play Kikau. If anything I'd give him the last spot on the bench to 9nly be used if needed. He has straight up folded in every finals game

He was our best player last week And the month prior to that.

You must be going bag halvies with Matty M to not want him out of the side. We don’t win without him. In the GF last year as poor as his end decisions were, he ran all over Hughes for 80 mins.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
He was our best player last week And the month prior to that.

You must be going bag halvies with Matty M to not want him in the side. We don’t win without him. In the GF last year as poor as his end decisions were, he ran all over Hughes for 80 mins.
Kikau was God awful last night and the worst player on the field in the GF

martielang

Bench
As much as I want to see Critta get more ball, Momo retains his spot. Poor game with ball last night but that right edge is all about locking up Olam and JAC and both finals they’ve been superb defensively.

Last night showed what as asset Edwards is to us. Gets our sets off to such a solid start. His positioning at the back was class all night.

TheRiff

Juniors
Burton has been one of our poorer players recently; much worse than Luai (who at least had been rock solid in defence). It is no surprise really, as it has been a long season and he is quite young, but he has really come back to the pack recently.

Burton's form in the finals has been horrible, No better than Momo really

Latest posts