What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

Fangs

Coach
Parra got an easy ride today. If not for the brilliance of Ponga they win comfortably.

There are easy points on their right edge. Ferguson will have a hard time on the short kick in behind. Luai should be primed for a big game.

Newcastle's back 5 were atrocious out of their red zone. I expect we won't have any issues getting pinned down our own end. However the Eels forwards definately played a better game than our pack past night.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's on. Yeah baby.

Hard to know what to make of both sides performances? Leota and Edwards play last night then your having the week off. Eels struggled to out Knights away but the W.Smith charge down changed the game. At 22-10 Eels and them shot.

I still feel the Panthers will be to strong. But its going to be one hell of a build up. May the best side win.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Parra got an easy ride today. If not for the brilliance of Ponga they win comfortably.

There are easy points on their right edge. Ferguson will have a hard time on the short kick in behind. Luai should be primed for a big game.

Newcastle's back 5 were atrocious out of their red zone. I expect we won't have any issues getting pinned down our own end. However the Eels forwards definately played a better game than our pack past night.
I'd love for Luai to fire. Mistakes aren't the issue from him, he simply won't pull the trigger atm

murraymob

Coach
Cleary needs to play everyone Edwards has to play crighton back to center mono in the wing .Cleary and his brilliant side selections
Other than Yeo and fish no other forward plays longer than 20 .If we don’t get bench rotation right it’s game over .prior to origin we had the best pack along with the storm .o. Form we are about 7th now

The_Frog

First Grade
This would get 60,000 at ANZ in Covid free times. A couple of things going against us. We've never beaten Parra in a final. 38-6 in 1985 (after playing Manly midweek mind you) and 28-10 in 2000.

Week 2 of the finals isn't exactly our favourite thing either. The 2000 Parra loss, as well as losses in 1989, 1997, 2010, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Our only wins were 1990 and 1991, going straight to the GF under the 5 team finals format. We've never won a week 2 elimination semi-final in 6 attempts.

But we are a better side than them and I think we'll get this done. Parra overcame a finals drought today, and we will overcome a week 2 drought next week. It will be a tough battle up front, though. RCG looks to be breathing fire for a change.

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
Luai needs this as a return to form game. Had to rediscover his running game and short kicking like we did pre-origin how we suffocated opponents on their line. He has the ability he needs to be shown the faith and belief coz he’s a game changer. hopefully with leota back has our pack stronger. Also dump the kikau on the bench experiment and start the bloke.

mxlegend99

Referee
Eels were pretty poor today. But we were probably even worse last night. Realistically we should be expecting to win this easily. But I honestly think they have more to throw at the Storm than we do anyway. They have a way of bringing Storm down to a beatable level. We just get blown off the park from them.

The_Frog

First Grade
Eels were pretty poor today. But we were probably even worse last night. Realistically we should be expecting to win this easily. But I honestly think they have more to throw at the Storm than we do anyway. They have a way of bringing Storm down to a beatable level. We just get blown off the park from them.
We were playing a much better opponent who were motivated. We defended extremely well but didn't take our limited chances. The Storm are irrelevant to this.

Smug Panther

First Grade
What's this based on? We beat them earlier this year and the second time didn't really count with so many out

unKwn

Juniors
Our attack is flat, move tpj to the edges. Its ridiculous that we're keeping him in the middle

hindy111

Post Whore

It's cause your style is playing fast and your fitter and smaller forwards wear others down then trample them. But the Storm love to play fast. To beat them you need to turn it into a slow grinding game where they can't get on a roll. That takes there speedsters out of the game. It suits the Eels. We play boring. But have strong middles so can match it with sides that way.
Storm like a fast line speed and to slow you down. But they love a fast game. Turn it into a slow, stop start bash n barge is how to put them off. Fake a few injuries etc.

Parra will take you guys on in the middle. RCG is playing great. If Jnr is suspended its game over. Marata maybe also.
Blake has been great of late. Penisini is a brilliant young centre. Player for player there won't be much in it.

Penrith have better wingers and slightly better centres if Crightons there otherwise its evens. Halves in Penriths favour but it isn't like Moses/Brown aren't capable or matching them.
No Mahoney give you a huge leg up at hooker.

The only thing in Eels favour is they have won 3 in a row now and on a bit of a roll. Also no pressure.

WestyLife

First Grade
It's cause your style is playing fast and your fitter and smaller forwards wear others down then trample them. But the Storm love to play fast. To beat them you need to turn it into a slow grinding game where they can't get on a roll. That takes there speedsters out of the game. It suits the Eels. We play boring. But have strong middles so can match it with sides that way.
Storm like a fast line speed and to slow you down. But they love a fast game. Turn it into a slow, stop start bash n barge is how to put them off. Fake a few injuries etc.

Parra will take you guys on in the middle. RCG is playing great. If Jnr is suspended its game over. Marata maybe also.
Blake has been great of late. Penisini is a brilliant young centre. Player for player there won't be much in it.

Penrith have better wingers and slightly better centres if Crightons there otherwise its evens. Halves in Penriths favour but it isn't like Moses/Brown aren't capable or matching them.
No Mahoney give you a huge leg up at hooker.

The only thing in Eels favour is they have won 3 in a row now and on a bit of a roll. Also no pressure.

I'm just keen to get you guys in a final. Think Jnr will be suspended?

murraymob

Coach
Yes unfortunately. Shoulder charge to head. Only defense can be Lane pushed him towards. But I would lean towards 3 weeks
Does this mean you play Hindy . We might have a chance us Penrith battlers against you eels and your flash stadium .the rich eels against the battling panthers

GongPanther

Referee
Leota and Edwards play V Parra. Hopefully for the rest of the squad, it was simply a bad day at the office. Now to get our game heads back on, and get prepared for next Saturday.