What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Starting to think that I should add the troll feeders to the list...

Do it - I have never understood people who consider using the Ignore button as weak - you'd find that if more people used it, those annoying people who thrive on conflict and attention would slowly wither away and die (figuratively speaking; I don't actually want them to wither away and die).

Port Panther

Juniors
Good luck tonight everyone and have a good game and before you run out there remember this '' dont wait for the bloke next to you....only you can make it happen'' !

Mate, some of us on here can be rational and judge him on his current results. I personally don’t give a f**k what he did years ago at the Warriors or the Tigers.
Ivan has had good results over the years. Took a Warriors side and improved them substantially, including taking a tram that didn’t have any right to be close to a Premiership to the GF.

His first stop with us is nothing to right home about, but at the Tigers he had them playing quite well and the first coach to halt the slide and have them going in the right direction. Only have to look at the undisciplined team they have become following his tenure to see his many times the coach that Madge is. There is a reason that Wests fans hate him; because he offered them hope.

2019 was a transition year, but in 2020 he took a team many thought were terrible (BRL.com ranked the spine the worst in the comp, among many similar articles) and took us to the MP and GF. This year the team has backed that up and should beat the Eels today and play the Storm next week.

Ivan is a very good coach. I live in the UK so only see the Fox related material, but he gets talked down on their programming because he isn’t matey with the reporters in the Murdoch press (like Ricky is with Paul Kent, Wayne and Crawley and Badell, and Hook and Kevvie). But his record of taking squads that are not rated strongly and turning them around speaks for itself.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
f**k I hope we win. I don't want to have to support the Storm for the rest of the final series. (If we lose, the Storm is by far the least bad option of the four - I'm the type of fan where, if my team can't win it, I hope that the most traditionally dominant team wins it because... who cares? They always win. But I couldn't stand other fan bases having a moment in the sun. I'm petty like that.)

f**k I hope we win. I don't want to have to support the Storm for the rest of the final series. (If we lose, the Storm is by far the least bad option of the four - I'm the type of fan where, if my team can't win it, I hope that the most traditionally dominant team wins it because... who cares? They always win. But I couldn't stand other fan bases having a moment in the sun. I'm petty like that.)
I think we win so hadn’t thought about this before your post. But if we lose I hope the Eels win, then It’s a tie between Manly and Souths (I am genetically engineered to hate Manly, but love watching this team (particularly Turbo play)) and after that I hope the comp gets called off. I am also petty like that.

Crashtest

Juniors
Ivan has had good results over the years. Took a Warriors side and improved them substantially, including taking a tram that didn’t have any right to be close to a Premiership to the GF.

His first stop with us is nothing to right home about, but at the Tigers he had them playing quite well and the first coach to halt the slide and have them going in the right direction. Only have to look at the undisciplined team they have become following his tenure to see his many times the coach that Madge is. There is a reason that Wests fans hate him; because he offered them hope.

2019 was a transition year, but in 2020 he took a team many thought were terrible (BRL.com ranked the spine the worst in the comp, among many similar articles) and took us to the MP and GF. This year the team has backed that up and should beat the Eels today and play the Storm next week.

Ivan is a very good coach. I live in the UK so only see the Fox related material, but he gets talked down on their programming because he isn’t matey with the reporters in the Murdoch press (like Ricky is with Paul Kent, Wayne and Crawley and Badell, and Hook and Kevvie). But his record of taking squads that are not rated strongly and turning them around speaks for itself.
Well said mate. That deserves to win post of the month!

Well in case you were wondering cwp, just to fill you in as a English person, the West Tigers are the best club in the NRL by far buddy.

If you come to Australia, we have the biggest nrl fan base and are always helping people.

The Realist

Juniors
I will consider losing tonight as evidence of us having an end of season choke.

Don't forget that Ivan has a little bit of history here. In 2014 we beat the Bulldogs twice during the regular season only to put up a flat display against the Bulldogs in the Preliminary. Was one reason I wasn't convinced we'd beat Souths.

This would be the 2nd game in a row we'd lose to a team we already beat twice. What will be our excuse? Parramatta are arguably missing more cattle then us. Mahoney is an excellent dummy half and very important to the Eel's early season run and good form in 2020. Sivo is also a weapon - it could be argued is almost as big a loss to Parra as To'o is to us.

Looking at the bigger picture we could end up going to way of the Raiders - GF, Finals, then ordinary. Will members in here chastise our coach the way I see many Panthers fans (and neutrals) mock Ricky Stuart as being an ordinary coach? At Least Sticky has actually won one.

The_Frog

First Grade
Looking at the bigger picture we could end up going to way of the Raiders - GF, Finals, then ordinary. Will members in here chastise our coach the way I see many Panthers fans (and neutrals) mock Ricky Stuart as being an ordinary coach? At Least Sticky has actually won one.
Sticky retired as a player in 2000. I have no idea what he did in 2001, presumably he was an assistant somewhere but then in 2002 he bobbed up as head coach of the Roosters with Gus as coaching director. Also present in the coaching ranks as assistants were Ivan Cleary, John Cartwright, Shane Flanagan and Dean Pay. I'd surmise Gus gradually eased out of coaching to concentrate on his media career, but had his hands all over the 2002 premiership. Otherwise it was a massive show of faith in a rookie to hand him the reins so early.

Crashtest

Juniors
Ha. I have to agree with you re the Storm if we lose. I know too many annoying Eels and Souths fans, so couldn’t stand their gloating if they win the grand final