What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

Crashtest

Juniors
I will consider losing tonight as evidence of us having an end of season choke.

Don't forget that Ivan has a little bit of history here. In 2014 we beat the Bulldogs twice during the regular season only to put up a flat display against the Bulldogs in the Preliminary. Was one reason I wasn't convinced we'd beat Souths.

This would be the 2nd game in a row we'd lose to a team we already beat twice. What will be our excuse? Parramatta are arguably missing more cattle then us. Mahoney is an excellent dummy half and very important to the Eel's early season run and good form in 2020. Sivo is also a weapon - it could be argued is almost as big a loss to Parra as To'o is to us.

Looking at the bigger picture we could end up going to way of the Raiders - GF, Finals, then ordinary. Will members in here chastise our coach the way I see many Panthers fans (and neutrals) mock Ricky Stuart as being an ordinary coach? At Least Sticky has actually won one.
Couldn’t you of spared your negative diatribe until after the game rather than just before it?

I can just see you cheering on the Eels in secret tonight just so you can come on here and sprout more of your negative shit

Pomoz

Bench
Pre-season finished seven months ago. They will all have recovered from that. Bellamy and Bennett are multiple premiership winners, they always taper their teams by flogging them a month out and then resting the key players before the finals start. Ivan has said their policy is "to keep players playing but rest them in training". Hmmm.

What works best is a matter of science and it is hard to say what is better definitively without looking at the data showing the players physical condition before and after. It should also be said that physical condition is one thing, what about the mental strain of playing continuously? I'm not sure how you would measure that. Ivan's approach means key players are still getting belted in full contact games and the body has to repair the damage. I am no doctor, but common sense would say that approach is not as restful as sitting out some games.

Whilst I have no science to back this statement, the game results clearly favour resting from games. Bennett and Bellamy have the premierships to support their preferred approach. Our own observations on this forum all say the same the same thing, we look flat as a team. Key players like JFH, Martin and Luai look like they have played a few weeks too many. Capewell and Crichton look shot. We looked the same last year. Exhausted, playing on memory.

For 2021 at least, there are some additional factors to consider. The selfish behaviour of Api has had a major negative impact on the team. It impacted his form, disrupted the teams combinations and generally stuffed us. Thanks Romeo. Secondly, the TPJ situation was absolutely tragic and will have had a major impact on the teams mental state as well as TPJ himself. Thirdly, JFH may well have had a rest, but I can't see how going through the birth of a child is anything but stressful and mentally draining. Add in the quarantine and JFH has had his mojo drained. Anybody would be the same.

Mix this in with the injuries to key players like To'o and Cleary and we have a different situation from last year. It has been much tougher for us and I don't believe the Cleary "easy training" approach has worked for us for the second year running.

Crashtest

Juniors
Make or break game for Fish here. He was embarrassing last week
Agree with you there. We lost the middle last week and lost the game. JFH was really disappointing.

We need a huge game from him tonight to set the benchmark for the other forwards. The Panthers gave him time off to fly back home and be with his wife and baby. He needs to repay that tonight.

Frankus

Juniors
Final words from me:

If we play like I know we are capable it should be a 13+ win. If we play scared like last week, we lose a close one.

The Realist

Juniors
Couldn’t you of spared your negative diatribe until after the game rather than just before it?

I can just see you cheering on the Eels in secret tonight just so you can come on here and sprout more of your negative shit

Take another Crashtest you absolute merkin.

murraymob

Coach
If Cameron ciraldo leaves it means nothing more than a very talented coach who wants to be a first grade coach and he would leave with the fans the coach blessing .just like Barrett it should be the aim of all assistant coaches to become first grade coaches

The Realist

Juniors
Edwards has been letting the ball bounce consistently towards the end of the season.

I am completely over the merkin.

Latest posts