What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

pantherz9103

First Grade
No need to get aggressive dude or be arrogant yourself. You haven’t won anything yet and will be labeled chokers if you lose next week.

You come across more cocky and dumb than your players doing gangster handshakes after the game.

Good luck next week, you’ll need it.

Eels fans are the last ones who should be talking about choking.

If it does happen, I wouldn't consider them chokers for losing to the minor premiers who had the best for and against in the history of the game.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
I wasn't being aggressive, just stating facts, you'll whinge about trainers on field and players taken out, but forget none of that matters if your not racking up points, or atleast evening the score, which parra failed to do, over a whole 2nd half, (penrith did too btw, but again we were in front, and it wasn't nessesary)
I didn’t whinge about anything. Go back and read my posts.

DinkyDi

Juniors
We all know the perceived bias that Klein has against our team. So the following article comes as no surprise.

1632174304397.png

snickers007

Juniors
We all know the perceived bias that Klein has against our team. So the following article comes as no surprise.

View attachment 54194

Data from 2009 is hardly relevant today. All the players have changed, half the rules have changed.
In 2021, with Ashley Klein as ref, we've won 4 from 6. The 2 losses being to Cronulla and Melbourne - both severely understrength. In both games we won the penalty counts/6 agains.
In 2020, we won 3 from 3 under him.
That's 77.77% recently.

Not sure I prescribe to the belief that certain refs have it in for certain teams. Each ref definitely has their own style, and things they police harder, but it's up to us to do our research on that, and adjust. At the end of the day, the ref is reactive to the actions of the players.

soc123_au

Staff member
Data from 2009 is hardly relevant today. All the players have changed, half the rules have changed.
In 2021, with Ashley Klein as ref, we've won 4 from 6. The 2 losses being to Cronulla and Melbourne - both severely understrength. In both games we won the penalty counts/6 agains.
That's 77.77% recently.

Not sure I prescribe to the belief that certain refs have it in for certain teams. Each ref definitely has their own style, and things they police harder, but it's up to us to do our research on that, and adjust. At the end of the day, the ref is reactive to the actions of the players.
Your well reasoned responses have no place here. ☺️

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
That's 77.77% recently.

Exactly. Ref whingers are the absolute worst. Yes, they all make mistakes and some are incompetent. But to truly believe particular refs have it out for you is just pathetic and just a milder version of all the other pathetic conspiracy theories that pollute the Internet.

age.s

First Grade
I mean, saying we've won most of our games in the last two years under Klein isn't all that relevant given we've only lost, what, 6 games in the last two years.

That said, I think the whole "refs favour the good teams" argument is putting the cart before the horse. Refereeing decisions aren't random and they don't happen in a vacuum. If you're winning the ruck, getting quick play the balls, dominating possession, your opponent is fatigued, likely bending the rules that little bit more in order to hang on as well as simply being on the side of the ball that necessarily incurs more infringements. Particularly given how we strangle teams it's pretty easy to see how we dominate those stats and the tendency to square up penalty counts seems to have gone away as well. In the time Klein has been reffing, that's mostly not been the case, hence the lobsided stats at the start of his career.

It's not always like that tbf. The Roosters of recent times have been notable for winning while losing penalty counts, but that just shows that they're a team who can absorb a ton of pressure, which allows them to sail closer to the wind in terms of bending the rules when needed.

That's not to say the standard of refereeing is where it should be. Cummins in particular is an abomination, as was Perenara and the game as a whole is in desperate need for simplification in its ruleset. However, in most (not all) games you can generally find the shitty calls going both ways.

Nealo 12

Bench
How weak are game officials if a trainer can ask and get a stoppage while standing next to them , so if the trainer said go and grab me a pie would the touchie say yeah hold my flag ?

The_Frog

First Grade
Exactly. Ref whingers are the absolute worst. Yes, they all make mistakes and some are incompetent. But to truly believe particular refs have it out for you is just pathetic and just a milder version of all the other pathetic conspiracy theories that pollute the Internet.
So what's your take on the current behaviour of Parra fans, especially those in media? I have never seen anything like it in here, never.

mxlegend99

Referee
No need to get aggressive dude or be arrogant yourself. You haven’t won anything yet and will be labeled chokers if you lose next week.

You come across more cocky and dumb than your players doing gangster handshakes after the game.

Good luck next week, you’ll need it.
How is losing to a better team choking? Are Eels chokers for losing to Panthers?

You say if we lose it's a choke. But also that we will need good luck to win.

I agree we will need luck to win. Storm have a fitter roster, in better form fresh off a weeks rest and the best coach in the competition preparing them for the game.

The only thing Panthers have going for them is perhaps Storm will expect an easy game and show up at less than their best. But at best it will be another 80 minute grind for Panthers working out very well for the winner of Fridays game if we do win.

Avenger

Immortal
How is losing to a better team choking? Are Eels chokers for losing to Panthers?

You say if we lose it's a choke. But also that we will need good luck to win.

I agree we will need luck to win. Storm have a fitter roster, in better form fresh off a weeks rest and the best coach in the competition preparing them for the game.

The only thing Panthers have going for them is perhaps Storm will expect an easy game and show up at less than their best. But at best it will be another 80 minute grind for Panthers working out very well for the winner of Fridays game if we do win.
If you lose this weekend you will be labelled as chokers. Right or wrong it’s inevitable.

BxTom

Bench
Do you think this may have had a significant bearing on the result of the game? I think so.

You were lucky and good luck next week.
I see Paulo is sick of Parra going south all the time and is on his way out :) Is he heading west?