What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers V Raiders

Pomoz

Bench
I can't believe that Ricky just defamed Salmon in public. He attacked the character of a person because they kicked out in a tackle. Does he think he is demonstrating good leadership to his team?

He attacked a players character and then implied the penalties that got us down field for the first try were unfair. He said he was proud of their effort and that the tries were all just individual mistakes. It is mind boggling listening to him. He allows his passion for winning to completely destroy any notion of accountability. It is sad to see.

He rattled off a litany of excuses. How do you build a performance culture if you constantly blame others for your losses?

maple_69

Bench
Edwards is a complete maniac. Really hope he’s alright, he’s putting together a hell of a year and is our most important player at this point.

I thought Salmon/SOS were solid, did what they needed to. Tito had some strong carries but obviously didn’t have much else to do.

Defence was just incredible. We continued to attack with our defence down a man, unheard of.

Ive really been swinging for Leniu but at this point I’d be going with Eiso for the finals. He might not have the ceiling but I think it’s pretty safe to say that he’s going to contribute more in a finals
game in 2022 than Leniu at this point.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s funny reading comments in various places about it being a bludger of a game. I really enjoyed the defence. For the amount of ball they had on our line, to keep them to 1 try was a joy to watch.
I wish there was a way to keep Api. I agree with others that he is our best ever 9. And I also love both Royce & Priddis.

I saw Luke's game in reggies (on line) . He's comming along real nice.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I can't believe that Ricky just defamed Salmon in public. He attacked the character of a person because they kicked out in a tackle. Does he think he is demonstrating good leadership to his team?

He attacked a players character and then implied the penalties that got us down field for the first try were unfair. He said he was proud of their effort and that the tries were all just individual mistakes. It is mind boggling listening to him. He allows his passion for winning to completely destroy any notion of accountability. It is sad to see.

He rattled off a litany of excuses. How do you build a performance culture if you constantly blame others for your losses?

It;s no wonder the faiders fan base are such sooky la la's. Obviously take after the coach.

The Realist

Juniors
What a great win. I hope Nathan was taking notes because SOS had a better kicking game tonight than Nathan has had for the vast majority of the season.

I think everyone else has already said it, but gosh Edwards has a heart as big as Pharlap's. He is as tough and gutsy as they come and the effort he puts in is second to none.

Api did an excellent job along with Yeo in controlling our attack around the ruck.

As a team we tended to hunt as a pack and absolute brutalised the opposition in defence. Opposition teams always seem to come off second best against us in terms of injuries.

There wasn't much to fault in our team but if there was one area of concern, it is that To'o is definitely in a slump. He just seems tired. Maybe he is carrying some niggles? If that is the case I'd like to see him take a rest for one or two games - such as the warriors game.

Original Name

Juniors
It's just a shame that as well know speed is the be all and end all of the NRL objectively speaking and no other metric like being big and strong (for your position in the halves) matters. So Salmon's try doesn't count because he couldn't run quick enough to get through untouched and had to use his strength and size. Shame to the kid but being a slowish five eight means he automatically just doesn't have what it takes to ever play at a first grade level and never will.
/sarcasm.

Last edited:

The Realist

Juniors
It's just a shame that as well know speed is the be all and end all of the NRL objectively speaking and no other metric like being big and strong (for your position in the halves) matters. So Salmon's try doesn't count because he couldn't run quick enough to get through untouched and had to use his strength and size. Shame to the kid but being a slowish five eight means he automatically just doesn't have what it takes to ever play at a first grade level and never will.
/sarcasm.

Who are you reply to? Is that a general spray at people who don’t rate Salmon or do you have some particular forum members in mind?

Original Name

Juniors
Who are you reply to? Is that a general spray at people who don’t rate Salmon or do you have some particular forum members in mind?
Smug pretty regularly goes on about how Salmon shouldn't play at centre and five eight for us because he's too slow for it. I was just making a joke. Wouldn't call it a spray.

Girds89

Bench
Ricky has been in Canberra since 2014. Eels 2013, Sharks 2007-2010.

Salmon was playing Harold Matt's and SG Ball with the Sharks from 2015 - 2017.
Then moved to the Eels from 2018 - 2020.

So unless Ricky knew Salmon as a 11-12 year old in the Sharks system I'm not really sure where their paths would have crossed.
Salmon played with rickys son as kids.

Ricky is a fwit..

Very clear presser deflection tactic to take the heat of himself... but the only dog is ricky!!

Murraymob1

Juniors
Will be a interesting charge sheet out of last night .Salmon and fisher harris on report .Salmon should be okay .Fisher harris May be in trouble not sure if he has priors

Smug Panther

First Grade
He isn't a first grader but did a fine job last night as I've said. I'm always honest and wrap players when they play well

hindy111

Post Whore
Loved reading the game comment on here get this player off get that player off
Reality we just beat Canberra In Canberra minus both our halves and our best forward .we are tracking towards the semi finals just fine
We have Melbourne at home next up ...get excited panther fans .fire up

I thought Canberra would win tbh with 3 of best out and down there. Them playing for finals. It was the best win of season if ask me.
It also shows how good the defense is. I still think Kikau is a bit of a defensive weakness. When he is out defense isna bit improved. Just attack isn't

hindy111

Post Whore
Salmon played with rickys son as kids.

Ricky is a fwit..

Very clear presser deflection tactic to take the heat of himself... but the only dog is ricky!!

Talk about DOGS? How about when the Eels signed him to a 3yr contract and he walked out after 1yr cause he felt he had a better club.

Goonji

Juniors

Stuart is a pathetic human being. I hope Salmon takes legal action. Stuart should never be allowed to coach again.

Latest posts