What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Eels 2013 - Season Prediction

Where will we finish 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emjaycee

Coach
Now that the pre-season is well and truly underway and our squad is settled (after the Izzy debacle) and Ricky has had the team training for 4 weeks officially, what are your thoughts on where we will finish 2013?

Feel free to comment, but please try and focus on 2013 NOT 2012 reasons.

Last edited:

parraeel

Juniors
I think sticky will have our forwards doing their job and with a fully fit Hayne plane and resurgent Sandow we will just sneak into the 8.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Any side with Hayne and sandow should have no problems scoring points - also in 2012 we showed we had the ability to score points yet our defence was terrible. Stuart coached sides are reknown to for pretty good defence. So if all Ricky does is improve our defence we should win a few more games then 2012 thus putting us on the fringe of the top eight.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think your categories are too narrow. You may as well offer 16 options.

IMO there are only three categories: top 8 definites, bottom 8 definites and everyone else. I put it to you that the majority of teams are in the 'everyone else category. Does that include us? I think so.

But bear in mind that if there are no teams that are no chance of making the finals, eight teams are still going to have to miss out. And one of them will come last.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Who do you think are bottom 8 definites (if not us)?? And why would you place them below our team?

Someone

Bench
Tigers - media have underplayed just how dismal their last couple of months have been. well behind us imo.

I think we will finish fringe of 8, will come down to ticker and whether or not we can win some tight games, and win ugly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who do you think are bottom 8 definites (if not us)?? And why would you place them below our team?

I don't think there are any teams that can't make the finals. I also reckon there are only three teams that are definites (Melbourne, Manly, Canterbury). Probably Cowboys too actually. Depends on if the Thurston drama doesn't derail them.

strider

Post Whore

that's always a question I ask myself before the season - and in recent years I pretty much don't find a team worse than us .... but i'm hoping for a festivus miracle this year

Noise

Coach
I think your categories are too narrow. You may as well offer 16 options.

IMO there are only three categories: top 8 definites, bottom 8 definites and everyone else. I put it to you that the majority of teams are in the 'everyone else category. Does that include us? I think so.

But bear in mind that if there are no teams that are no chance of making the finals, eight teams are still going to have to miss out. And one of them will come last.

I don't think there are any teams that can't make the finals. I also reckon there are only three teams that are definites (Melbourne, Manly, Canterbury). Probably Cowboys too actually. Depends on if the Thurston drama doesn't derail them.

Should there only be two categories then?

Personally i think the following sides can't make the 8 in 2013 in no particular order: Warriors, Panthers, Eels, Dragons and Titans

Noise

Coach
that's always a question I ask myself before the season - and in recent years I pretty much don't find a team worse than us .... but i'm hoping for a festivus miracle this year

:lol: Great holiday - The airing of grievances

Avenger

Immortal
f**k it, we are going to win the whole f**king thing and be the first team in over 50 years to come from last to Premiers. It will be an astonishing turnaround.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I put 5-8 but I could see us in 4th if it all goes well. We have a team that has rookies, young guys a year older and if they can fire and we play to the right game plan we can beat anybody.

Latest posts