What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Fan PTSD

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You're not wrong there. I wonder when the last game was where we had 17 fit players after 80 minutes?

TheRam

Coach
Until we get real quality leaders, in particularly in the spine positions 6, 7 and or 9, then it will be a tossup whether we will win a GF.

So far, the only time we had leaders/winners in our team since the golden years, was when we had the Canterbury four on deck. The only reason we didn't jag a premiership back then was Brian Smith. The best tactician in the game, but the worst man manager by a mile.I mean we had so much talent in those teams, that surely we should of pulled off a least one GL victory.

Other then Hindy, not many others would put him on their Xmas list. The guy was/is a cancer and his 25-30 years of coaching failures to win the big one shows that in spades. Yes I know he can build a club and bring in a strong culture, but it is that last hurdle that his insane, intense, aggressive, pyscho controlling, public belittling and mind games behavior that undermines all his good qualities and the players just crumble as that pressure builds and builds towards the end.

Have we got true leaders now? I don't think so. As good as our halves are, I don't think they have shown that consistent ability to take control of a game and to rise above adversity on the field when things aren't going their way and turn the tied so to speak against the better teams.

Norman has done it in patches, but has a habit of going in and out of games, and Moses is just at the start of showing the world what he can do. So the jury is out on him. Will he develop into the guy that can pull off the big plays and game control to win tight and/or pressure games? Time will tell.

But for right now, both of them need to develop further and what would help a hell of a lot is if we could jag a massive body or two up front. Our pissy small pack just will not cut it, if we want to go further in the years to come.

And no, just getting a fat merkin isn't what I am referring to, for all the idiots out there.

Last Week

Bench
I'm curious as to what Kane Evans brings to our pack next year, but I do worry about our go forward. Another prop would make me feel comfortable.

I worry about Beau Scott too. I thought he was noticeably slower and less effective this year before he was injured. I feel we need another middle forward. Maybe even Mannah playing there and having another prop starting in his place.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought Scott was ordinary in attack last year and again this year. But his defence is great. He was very good against the Cowboys but too gassed to play long minutes, which would've been helpful with Alvaro gone.

Bazal

Post Whore
I liked the look of our mongrel attitude in the BRIAN BROWN years, but it turned out it was all a bit of an act unfortunately

Latest posts