What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Fans and the QLD Flood Crisis

dazeely

First Grade
Do you know what area he is in Dazeely ? I am going out to help a fellow Eels fan clean up,when the water subsides, who has lost everything in Goodna. She moved into her first home just 3 months ago and now has 2 photos of her son when he was little as her only possessions. If he lives out that way I would like to offer to help Parralight as well. I have a ute and trailer etc so it might come in handy.

Lowood way which is past Ipswich.

Kind people like you, those donating and the volunteers give hope in times like these. I thank you.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Lowood way which is past Ipswich.

Kind people like you, those donating and the volunteers give hope in times like these. I thank you.

I'm in the lucky position of being on the Gold Coast. I can also help by bringing up things they may need. I'm hoping to get out that way on the weekend if the cleanup can start by then. Can you keep me posted if you hear when they will be ready to get started and I will see what I can do for them.
I have also been contacted by people in Sydney who are trying to organise to come up and help as well as people here on the Gold Coast.

Nikki

Coach
I have heard that Coles at Richmond (NSW) are taking donations of clothes and nappies, etc. These are to be loaded onto a Hercules (is that what they're called?) and flown out on the 19th.

I have heard that Coles at Richmond (NSW) are taking donations of clothes and nappies, etc. These are to be loaded onto a Hercules (is that what they're called?) and flown out on the 19th.
yep its called a hercules one of these babies
1271992.jpg

noosa-eel

Juniors
I am ok up here in Gympie, yes the town was flooded but we got off lightly compared to those poor people in Toowoomba :( :( & the thousands of people in Brissie (hope Belly & Pj are ok as well as anyone else iv'e forgotten).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
whilst we're safe we are surrounded by floods Brisbane to the North and Grafton to the South, and our local Coles is pretty bare in some lines

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I am ok up here in Gympie, yes the town was flooded but we got off lightly compared to those poor people in Toowoomba :( :( & the thousands of people in Brissie (hope Belly & Pj are ok as well as anyone else iv'e forgotten).

they're both OK mate

noosa-eel

Juniors
Glad to hear it & nice to hear you are ok down there as well, as for the supermarkets they are pretty bare up here as well as the highway was cut both north & south & there is no petrol in town either...:(

Snoochies

First Grade
The QLD Police advise those who want to volunteer to register with Volunteering Queensland as they are in contact with emergency services and will get the right people to the right places where volunteers are needed most. I think they are going to start the big cleanup tommorrow.

Haynzy

First Grade
Gee I hope my donation goes to someone who needs it, whether they had insurance or not.
Insurance is for the client and the insurance company to worry about..none of our business really.

Hellsy

Immortal
PLAYING FOR FLOOD VICTIMS

WHAT started as a Twitter chat between Souths enforcer Sam Burgess and Eels conditioner Hayden Knowles on how league players could help flood victims is turning into an extravaganza. The game's leading players, including superstar Jarryd Hayne, will compete in a three-on-three basketball challenge on February 5 at Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre. There will also be cage fights, boxing bouts and a performance by the rock band of former Eels star Eric Grothe.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/waugh-still-waiting-for-crucial-call-20110115-19rtb.html

Could be interesting to go and see!

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm so sad watching news reports tonight.
My thoughts go out to not only our friends on this board, but to those that are known and also those who aren't known to us all.

I've seen too many sad pics and news reports.
I'm very pleased that our friends (PJ, TWIZ, Noosa, Belly (still a clown) Daz, Noosa )etc are ok. Those that don't post that often are equally thought of.

Suity

I'm so sad watching news reports tonight.
My thoughts go out to not only our friends on this board, but to those that are known and also those who aren't known to us all.

I've seen too many sad pics and news reports.
I'm very pleased that our friends (PJ, TWIZ, Noosa, Belly (still a clown) Daz, Noosa )etc are ok. Those that don't post that often are equally thought of.

Suity
im fkn ropable today after hearing about looters and con artists trying to exploit this tragedy for their own gain they should call themselves something else they aren't fit to be human beings anymore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...nsland-floods/comments-e6freuy9-1225989036363

Tony Bongo

Bench
im fkn ropable today after hearing about looters and con artists trying to exploit this tragedy for their own gain they should call themselves something else they aren't fit to be human beings anymore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...nsland-floods/comments-e6freuy9-1225989036363

The overwhelming response I witnessed by thousands upon thousands of people to help those in need was nothing short of totally inspirational. The heartless acts of a small minority will not dampen my renewed faith in my fellow man in times of crisis.
The worst is yet to come when we witness the ' legal' atcs of greedy insurance companies that will deny thousands a return on their years of paying insurance premiums. All the same I am mindful that once again this will be the result of decisions made by a heartless minority.

Hellsy

Immortal
We also shouldn't forget the Victorians that are currently going through flooding themselves, as well as some of Tassie and off course far Nth NSW where the QLD floods are making their way into.
Stay safe and dry as you can guys and gals - thinking of U all.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Just want to say thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes, during our time of need. While my family and I were ok, I have a lot of friends and family who were not so lucky. Some have lost their homes and sadly another is waiting on news of the Uncle who has gone missing from the Lockyer Valley area...we are bracing for bad news on him, but then again hoping he is just unable to make contact due to the phones being down in the area. Again thanks guys,

When I posted the above we were just sitting back waiting for the authorites to bring us bad news, but we received good news. My friends Uncle was found safe and sound, he made contact with the family 2 days ago. He was lucky enough to get himself and other people up on higher ground and was not able to phone family, when he could get back to he started helping people who lost everything. Again thanks to you all for your support.

dazeely

First Grade
Yeh awesome news. Thanks again too everyone whom has posted such kind words. Thanks to all those amazing volunteers.

Thoughts are also with those currently copping mother nature at her worst.

Latest posts