What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra FireHouse

eel4life

Juniors
Just came back from the opening of the firehouse, MASSIVE tick to the Club and board for this place, looks great and the food is pretty good.

finally a cool place to go at the club, highly recommend checking it out.

eel4life

Juniors
they have a screen, they are doing more changes, didn't see the whole menu i was eating the pizzas they will prob put the menu's on the website.

its a great place to go to, the outdoor area is pretty cool as-well.

Eels Dude

Coach
Fair enough. If that's the case I don't think I'll bother checking it out. They already have a chinese restaurant, the bistro, plus another cafe. They really just needed to have a proper Sports bar for people to watch the footy, or an entertainment area, rather than another eatery. Sounds like a crap version of Wenty leagues.

Delboy

First Grade
Thanks Eels Dude, glass half full, they try to improve the amenities and still there are complaints and nitpicking

Why do people bother to try and get the club upmarket and attract customers

Nothing changes , fmd. guess some will complain that they actually turned the place around and made some money

Tony Bongo

Bench
I'm looking forward to sitting on the balcony at Sterlo's Firehouse and being able to get a feed without having to go downstairs.I hope they still sell VB up there. If they don't that will mean I can get food up there but will have to go downstairs for my beer.
The most frustrating thing about the club at the moment is going from one area to another and not being able too buy the same beer you just had 20 metres away. I feel like I've crossed some state border sometimes.:crazy:

Fair enough. If that's the case I don't think I'll bother checking it out. They already have a chinese restaurant, the bistro, plus another cafe. They really just needed to have a proper Sports bar for people to watch the footy, or an entertainment area, rather than another eatery. Sounds like a crap version of Wenty leagues.

How can you judge without seeing anything? Are you always this negative?

Eels Dude

Coach
Thanks Eels Dude, glass half full, they try to improve the amenities and still there are complaints and nitpicking

Why do people bother to try and get the club upmarket and attract customers

Nothing changes , fmd. guess some will complain that they actually turned the place around and made some money

How can you judge without seeing anything? Are you always this negative?

I'm not really interested in going to a club that only offers stuff to people 45 +

People go there to eat and play the pokies. You won't find anyone at the club after 10pm on a weekend whereas every other major club in western Sydney is full until at least 1AM. So excuse me for offering constructive criticism.

Parra Leagues really need to cater somewhat for a younger market not just the oldies, and just making a new restaurant is not going to improve that. Many people complained when the TAB was removed and they stopped going and went elsewhere instead.

Maybe they should look at the reasons why people don't go to Parra Leagues before trying to improve things.

TheParraboy

Staff member
they have a screen, they are doing more changes, didn't see the whole menu i was eating the pizzas they will prob put the menu's on the website.

its a great place to go to, the outdoor area is pretty cool as-well.

ok mate

Jodeci

Bench
I just got back from the Firehouse.

It's definitely for a young and attractive crowd.

Very modern and up style atmosphere.

It's a sports bar feel.

Long time overdue for the Leagues Club

Tony Bongo

Bench
I just got back from the Firehouse.

It's definitely for a young and attractive crowd.

Very modern and up style atmosphere.

It's a sports bar feel.

Long time overdue for the Leagues Club

Do they still sell VB?
As for the rest I will fit right in unless they don't let old and unattractive people in.
I look forward to seeing it Saturday. A coat of paint would have improved that place 1000% so anything else is a bonus.

Gronk

Staff member
So apparently you can take the kids there ? OK I'm interested. Can you book a table on game day ?

If so I will give you one chance Mr Firehouse, otherwise I'm back to the R&C on game day.

strider

Post Whore
I don't know what you are all talking about, but I have no idea why we need a fire station - its not going to make the boys play any better

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The letter from the pirtek bloke said the new firehouse was all done by one of the board members who has extensive restaurant knowledge. Good to see a boardmember getting involved with something like this.

Can't remember his name but I will have to vote for him. By all reports th place sounds good.

Latest posts