What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra FireHouse

Gronk

Staff member
The letter from the pirtek bloke said the new firehouse was all done by one of the board members who has extensive restaurant knowledge. Good to see a boardmember getting involved with something like this.

Can't remember his name but I will have to vote for him. By all reports th place sounds good.

Signor Libertini is the italian restaurant dude from Mounties (or some club like that. Maybe Bankstown Sports)

born an eel

Bench
Do they still sell VB?
As for the rest I will fit right in unless they don't let old and unattractive people in.
I look forward to seeing it Saturday. A coat of paint would have improved that place 1000% so anything else is a bonus.
http://www.parraleagues.com.au/ContentFiles/ParraLeagues/Documents/Menus/Beverage Menu.pdf

http://www.parraleagues.com.au/Cont...cuments/Menus/Double-sided Firehouse Menu.pdf

aren't you more a Moet kind of guy, it's only $129 a bottle :shock:

Gronk

Staff member

Wine is very reasonable and only a few bucks above bottle shop prices. Big tick there.

Menu is pasta, pizza and a few interesting tapas. A bit limited from a carnivore's point of view TBH, but it looks 100% better than the crap served up at Cafe88.

Gronk

Staff member
Do they have a pole you can slide down?

Hey ! A pole dancing bar was my idea !

poledance6.gif

SDM

First Grade
I agree, Parra Leagues needs to take on the Sefton Playhouse. As long as Sefton Boy doesn't follow the girls over.

SDM

First Grade
Back on topic, where is this joint, has it taken over from Sterlo's?

Gronk

Staff member
Back on topic, where is this joint, has it taken over from Sterlo's?

Yeah they've done Sterlos up.

I hope they've improved access. Before it was wait for a 4 person lift or 3 flights of stairs.

born an eel

Bench
has Sterlo been given the flick?

Will we need to build a statue outside the club to compensate? :sarcasm:

SDM

First Grade
Does anyone know if us social outcasts can still get lung cancer on the balcony up there?

Tony Bongo

Bench

The food menu looks excellent. Heaps of variety, reasonably priced and lots of seafood dishes which is all I eat since I'm a Vegequarian. If they taste good as well it is definitely a thumbs up from me.
As far as champaign goes Moet is about the only thing I can drink.
Great to see all the local beers on tap. Thanks for posting that !
No Blue Saphire so the Gordons will have to do for my Gin Beers with lime.

Bigfella

Coach
Fair enough. If that's the case I don't think I'll bother checking it out. They already have a chinese restaurant, the bistro, plus another cafe. They really just needed to have a proper Sports bar for people to watch the footy, or an entertainment area, rather than another eatery. Sounds like a crap version of Wenty leagues.

Well, no one can say that you didn't give the place a fair chance.

ParraAds

Juniors
I've heard this place is independantly owned and operated, ala Tingha Palce.

Would have been a better idea to replace Cafe 88 with something new, rather than have the two go against each other.

Gronk

Staff member
I've heard this place is independantly owned and operated, ala Tingha Palce.

Would have been a better idea to replace Cafe 88 with something new, rather than have the two go against each other.

Libertini ?

Suitman

Post Whore
Libertini ?

Possibly. It's certainly his line of food aka Bankstown Sports Club.

The new restaurant sounds wonderful. Food menu is excellent, drinks menu ok - nothing special.

My problem is that Sterlo's was the only place that fans could gather pre and post match, get a cheap drink and get away from the pokies. The only thing missing was food.
Now, we don't have that. We have an upmarket pizziera, with prices to match.
Whereas before I could get a schooner of VB for $3.80, I now have to pay $5.50.
Does this mean I've been forced back down to the uninviting pokie saloons to get a cheap beer?
Also, before Sterlo's, and before the Tingha Palace invaded, the Cumberland Lounge was the best place to meet before a game for a social drink. Both Sterlo's and The Cumberland are gone, so really, is there anywhere this pre-match social gathering can take place without pokies ringing in the ears, without being charged the extra price for drinks?
I'd like to know what plans they have to reintroduce a decents Sports Lounge to have a drink, chat and watch sport.
Kudos to the club for introducing the Firehouse. It sounds neat. But I'd like to know their future plans.

Suity

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Possibly. It's certainly his line of food aka Bankstown Sports Club.

The new restaurant sounds wonderful. Food menu is excellent, drinks menu ok - nothing special.

My problem is that Sterlo's was the only place that fans could gather pre and post match, get a cheap drink and get away from the pokies. The only thing missing was food.
Now, we don't have that. We have an upmarket pizziera, with prices to match.
Whereas before I could get a schooner of VB for $3.80, I now have to pay $5.50.
Does this mean I've been forced back down to the uninviting pokie saloons to get a cheap beer?
Also, before Sterlo's, and before the Tingha Palace invaded, the Cumberland Lounge was the best place to meet before a game for a social drink. Both Sterlo's and The Cumberland are gone, so really, is there anywhere this pre-match social gathering can take place without pokies ringing in the ears, r without being charged the extra price for drinks?
I'd like to know what plans they have to reintroduce a decents Sports Lounge to have a drink, chat and watch sport.
Kudos to the club for introducing the Firehouse. It sounds neat. But I'd like to know their future plans.

Suity

Yep, build a version of One World Sport with a TAB. Hmm we kinda had that already with Sterlos ...

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm not really interested in going to a club that only offers stuff to people 45 +

People go there to eat and play the pokies. You won't find anyone at the club after 10pm on a weekend whereas every other major club in western Sydney is full until at least 1AM. So excuse me for offering constructive criticism.

Parra Leagues really need to cater somewhat for a younger market not just the oldies, and just making a new restaurant is not going to improve that. Many people complained when the TAB was removed and they stopped going and went elsewhere instead.

Maybe they should look at the reasons why people don't go to Parra Leagues before trying to improve things.

I feel that maybe you mean it doesn't offer what you want...personally, I reckon a nice pizza or some tapas, a couple of bottles of red and a table of mates sounds like a great way to watch the footy. I don't go to clubs for a late one and many people are the same. A good meal, the footy, then kicking on elsewhere? Sounds about right to me

Latest posts