What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

kit66

Bench
This won't be as easy as some are expecting. Parra have a lot of points in them with speedy backs and good at shifting the ball wide. They lead the Panfas 34 - 20 at the 70 minute mark a couple of rounds ago before a capitulation lost them the game in the last 10 (36-34) and had success against the Sharks where we failed.
It's a Win week for us but they better take this seriously.
We have to keep little Kevvies Broncos out of the finals, that's all I want for xmas.

possm

Coach
Not sure I agree with your first statement. My recolection is the twin brothers in the centres let in the first 2 then the winger managed to score when 2 defenders failed to hold him up in the corner.
Maybe after that the forwards dropped their bundle but the rot started in the outside backs IMHO.
We need a new devense coach, Young is not up to the task and never has been. Flanno has too much on his plate given we do not have have a competent recruitment team.

LenyB

Juniors
Not sure I agree with your first statement. My recolection is the twin brothers in the centres let in the first 2 then the winger managed to score when 2 defenders failed to hold him up in the corner.
Maybe after that the forwards dropped their bundle but the rot started in the outside backs IMHO.
Sharks got 35m from our line from the kick off. One hit up from there backs.

That was concerning and they didnt let up all game. Cant blame the backs, we where on the backfoot 2mins in.

But we did show some fight, even though our middles where dominated. Small upside.

Dragon David

First Grade
SATURDAY

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra Dragons, 3:00pm AEST at CommBank Stadium

Eels team:
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Blaize Talagi 5. Sean Russell 6. Dylan Brown 7. Daejarn Asi 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Brendan Hands 10. Shaun Lane 11. Kelma Tuilagi 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. Joe Ofahengaue 14. Joey Lussick 15. Makahesi Makatoa 16. Luca Moretti 17. Dan Keir 18. Jake Tago 19. Matt Doorey 20. Ethan Sanders 21. Morgan Harper 22. Ofahiki Ogden

Analysis: To come.

Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Zac Lomax 3. Mathew Feagai 4. Max Feagai 5. Christian Tuipulotu 6. Jack Bird 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Jack de Belin 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tom Eisenhuth 14. Toby Couchman 15. Ryan Couchman 16. Blake Lawrie 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 18. Lyhkan King-Togia 19. Mikaele Ravalawa 20. Michael Molo 21. Connor Muhleisen 22. Moses Suli

Analysis: To come.

This Year?

Immortal
This game has me worried. If the Eels get their short passing and offloading game right with Brown having a rare go then we're screwed. For us to win we just need to minimise our errors and have better discipline, then pray Hunt has a good day. If Hunt gets outplayed by Asi I will completely lose my shit.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I'm saying it now. It will be a miracle if we win the last two games but miracles can happen. I reckon the best is one win and one loss. Who we beat and who we lose to I couldn't care less but we will end up on 30 points which is great for the season with the just average squad of players we have had for this year. Most of the losses we had were terrible and the wins good but not brilliant.

What we faced today against the Sharks was them wanting to remain in the top 4 and they played accordingly for a convincing win. Now we will be facing the Eels on Fathers' Day and they will be very hard to beat to stay away from the wooden spoon as they do play the Tigers in the last game on Tigers home ground and if they are both locked on the same competition points coming to that last game, whoever loses will get that unwanted prize. So yes, Eels will be hard next week.

We then play the Raiders at home (which doesn't matter as far as I am concerned because at Kogarah, we are shit). They are on 26 points but play the Roosters at Allianz next week and so will get done and stay on 26 points and the best they will end up with if they beat us in the last game is 28 points with maybe a poorer for and against. So, I would say we beat the Raiders at home though.

The Broncos who are on 26 points with the best for and against amongst those teams on 26 points have the Dolphins and Storm to beat to make 30 points. They should beat the Dolphins but Bellamy would love his team to take confidence into the finals by beating the Broncos in that last game.

The Dolphins will lose their last two games against the Broncos and the Knights and stay on 26 points.

Pretty much touch and go and if we can win both games against the Eels and Raiders then we are in the semis. We win only one game and it will be a toss up with the Knights and with their for and against being better at this stage, they will be the 8th team.

Please Dragons win against the Eels so that at least we know that if we beat the Raiders we are in the semis.
Teams currenlty placed 8th - 12th are all hopeless... Only becasue a few of them play each other in the last 2 rounds will any of them be guaranteed a win. None of them will win 2 games, they probably all win 1 of their remaining games... that means we end up king of the shit pile and snare 8th spot. Chin up men, we're finals bound... W/L... means we win week 1 of the finals. Yay.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Add in they are coached by Trent. This would be an ordinary loss if it turns out that way.
It will be an embarrassment if Barrett's tactics work out to be better than Flanno's. The Eels love playing the Dragons putting aside who their coach is. They will be giving us one of the toughest games this season. They will come at us with a lot of speed and many off loads. They have a reason also to want to win so that after round 26 they and the Tigers will be on 18 points going into the last round and the loser will be handed the wooden spoon. We want to win to keep our 8th position on the ladder.

It is a Win week this week for the Dragons so do the best you can boys.

Dragons4me

Juniors
The cheating Purple Scum have given Redcliffe & Brisbane a massive leg-up by resting a bunch of players this week and next.
A bit of extra pressure on the lads in the Red V.
Gotta love the NRL... rorts and BS a specialty.

I agree. I'm still a jibbering mess from last weekends game where the stupid ref can get in the way of a certain Dragons try that nothing can be done about, only to watch the sharks almost immediately score off a blatant forward pass. I mean FFS. We cannot take a f**king trick.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Don’t know what others think, but I think there are 2 tiers, maybe top tier could be divided again..but, under Storm Penrith Cronulla and Easts, there’s a bee’s dick difference between the others 13 teams. Bounce of the ball, ref decisions, injuries, game circumstances etc .. easily sway the result, bugger all really. Saints should never look at the ladder as a point of difference. We are very much in the second tier………can’t wait too graduate from it! No doubt improving, but beating Manly 2nd round and maybe closer games or stronger performances in the Cronulla and Canterbury games would have provided more comforting signs…

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
This game has me worried. If the Eels get their short passing and offloading game right with Brown having a rare go then we're screwed. For us to win we just need to minimise our errors and have better discipline, then pray Hunt has a good day. If Hunt gets outplayed by Asi I will completely lose my shit.
Sadly it shouldn't have come down to these last 2 games......yes we have achieved more than was expected this season but in all honesty the inability to post 2 wins in succession has cost us dearly......as for Hunt he's long overdue to ice these games....if the cards don't fall for us in the first 20 mins or so I'm doubtful he will this time as well......hope I'm wrong but there's a lot of doubt in my head atm

Latest posts