What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

Dorsai

Juniors
It seems like an impossible task they have left themselves but there is always hope. Regardless of anything if we make the eight we will probably get done the first week. That being said, at least we get to the eight which is a lot closer than we have been for quite some time.

I have no issues in them losing the first week of the semis, if we get there, because its been a better year than I can remember for a long time. From being tipped as wooden spooners last year to being on the verge of the 8 is no mean task with the talent we have. Most are either still newbies or hasbeens. When you consider the bottomless pits other teams seem to have I think this is a good achievement if we do it.

Regardless, I have felt we have played some good footy at times during the year. We have also played some that was not worthy of park football.

A lot is said about rebuilding periods, everyone has them. We are in one now expect Dragons supporters are like the now generation. We want success now, yes we need to rebuild but want to win now. Overall, as I said, its not been a bad year to date and am willing to keep investing my time into the team because I can see a (all but dim) light at the end of the tunnel.

Lets keep in mind of where we have been at this time of the year in recent seasons and reflect that this has been a better year to date.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am sure, like many of us, that our players want to make the semis. There is absolutely no doubt about it. It is a matter of whether or not they are good enough as a team to beat the Eels and then the Raiders to be assured of qualifying. Just winning 2 games in a row and we are in the semis. They were able to win consecutive games twice this season. Third time lucky??

Dragsters

First Grade
Hi All. New to post on here though have been reading for years.
Let’s hope these below calculations work out for us. Disappointing about the result yesterday. We just got outplayed . No line speed. I think the main one is Brisbane V Dolphins

- Brisbane to beat dolphins then lose to Melbourne = 28 points
- Dolphins lose to Brisbane then beat Newcastle = 28 points
- ⁠Newcastle beat Gold Coast then lose to dolphins = 28
- ⁠Canberra to lose to roosters then lose to us = 26

- Dragons on 28 - 1 more win should get us in
Welcome mate. Good first post...

matPORTS

Juniors
Unfortunately, I feel that if we run out with the Feagais as our centre pairing, we're not going to make it. Much the same as Sloan, both will need big off seasons coming up if they are to remain in the plans longer term.

Still calling for Ravalawa to come back in on the right wing (whom I believe has scored meat pies in all games he has played at Parramatta Stadium), with Lomax at right centre. If we are still insistent that Ravalawa is no longer a starter for the remainder of 2024, sure, we keep one Feagai in (at this point I am not sure which way Flanno will go here).

Suli comes straight back in at left centre provided he passes all fitness requirements this week. Neither Feagai is pipping Tui for the left wing spot as he's been going well.

Lawrie, one of the Couchman twins, and RFM to start with JDB, Molo and Leilua coming off the bench against a tiring Eels pack.

jeffdragon

Bench
This bloke worries me with his inexperience at handling a parochial crowd which is what we’ll have on Saturday.
The eels supporters start booing before the whistle & never let up.
Some Parra supporters are rough.
Like Souths fans boo at nothing even though they are in the wrong.

SEAT 1A

Bench
No reason after the team has been consistent enough to stay in the eight, that they can't put Parra away.

Thought their starts were timid against the Dogs and Sharks. No more chances, just fire up for the next two games, not much use thinking about the finals if we done get there.