What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra young guns stick with the Eels

MrT

Juniors
Very good point.

If there's other clubs that need top-25 front-rowers right now, there's no point in us trying to compete with the money they would be offering him.

Poore
Mannah
Moimoi
Shackleton
Allgood
Webb

All contracted for next year and how many front-rowers do you need in your squad anyway?

Then there's Hindy and Tautai who can play in the middle. Peni would struggle to get any time in first grade, plus his name sounds too much like Reni.

Peni is a must re-signing.
Poore - whats the latest with him? He has a year left on a contract and I don't think he'll be offered the same money
Mannah - our future
Moi Moi - perhaps has 2 years left
Allgood - this kid is really getting better with each game

Peni is worth keeping over Webb and Shackleton. There is no reason why we don't re-sign Peni in terms of personnel

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I Still think the signing of Mortimer was the dumbest thing the eels ever did. What a waste of money.

Im not saying he is a bad player....he just wasnt worth what they paid, considering he was playing backup 5/8 to Hayne when they made their run. They should of spent his money on these kids

The song ain't over to the fat lady sings.

The best is yet to come.

This young MAN has got a lot of guts and a steely, no-back-door, determination.
He is learning and growing and all the hardships and set backs will only make him a better MAN and a far better player than what we saw during the 2009 season.
His present strength is in his roving support play and backing up, full-on, for 80 minutes.
As he regains his confidence, his composure will roll in real fast.
No longer burdened by the mental-strains that tightened him up, of his own making, which restricted his natural game and athleticism, he will explode once forth as a very good NRL player, only this time, there will be no turning back.
As I said, the best is yet to come.
Having gone through the preparation of making the dough, I see Mortimer expanding his game in the NRL oven shortly.

kiwiperth

Juniors
It's easy to be wise in hindsight Champ.

Wasnt even hindsight. If they just sat back and looked at that year, they would have seen that Hayne did everything and mortimer just happened to be there. Honestly you could have put a kid from the Harold Matthews team that year and he would have played well off Jarryd and Moi Moi.
They should have just let the bulldogs pay 300 000 a year for him

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Very good point.

If there's other clubs that need top-25 front-rowers right now, there's no point in us trying to compete with the money they would be offering him.

Poore
Mannah
Moimoi
Shackleton
Allgood
Webb

All contracted for next year and how many front-rowers do you need in your squad anyway?

Then there's Hindy and Tautai who can play in the middle. Peni would struggle to get any time in first grade, plus his name sounds too much like Reni.

The Delphic Oracle has spoken.

alexander-great.jpg

Hale Je-Zeus.

Tautai - meh. Hasn't done a lot at the Sharks to convince me losing him was a bad move.

He will be a bench player at best.

H0WZAT

Juniors
Very good point.

Poore
Mannah
Moimoi
Shackleton
Allgood
Webb

And the props contracted for 2013?
Mannah
Allgood

He just needs to be sweet talked in to waiting another year before his shot will come.

Gronk

Staff member
Magnificent seven to stay in blue and gold

BY CHRIS BOULOUS
02 Aug, 2011 12:00 AM
PARRAMATTA Eels coach Stephen Kearney has praised the 2011 class of rookies for their perseverance in a tough season.Taniela Lasalo, Mitchell Allgood, Ryan Morgan, Pat O'Hanlon and Jacob Loko have all put their hands up in a difficult season on and off the field in 2011.
"The lads are probably learning the hard way about perseverance," Kearney said. "I'm sure everyone in the group will be a lot better for the experience and continue to improve and learn from the mistakes we have made."
The Eels have moved fast on keeping the current crop of stars, announcing the re-signing of Loko, 18, Lasalo, 21, Allgood, 22, Morgan, 21 and O'Hanlon, 20, last week.
Toyota Cup stars Marmin Barba, 20, and Rory Brien, 19, have also put pen to paper in recent weeks. It means the magnificent seven will be in the blue and gold until the end of 2013.
"I'm really pleased with the younger guys," Kearney said.
"It was disappointing that Loko got injured a few weeks ago because he was playing good footy but Ryan Morgan is coming on really well, Mitchell Allgood has grown as the year has gone on and Taniela Lasalo has learnt a lot from playing in the top grade.
"It is pleasing to see those guys shining through."
Eels captain Nathan Hindmarsh — who has seen the likes of Jarryd Hayne, Feleti Mateo and Tim Mannah come through the system — said the rookie class of 2011 was one of the best yet.
"I've been playing for the Eels for a long time and I've seen a lot of great young players come through our system, and guys like Jacob Loko are right up there as the most talented I've seen," he said.
"Taniela [Lasalo] has played every game alongside me at second-row this year and he's only getting better, and Mitch Allgood has been outstanding for us."
http://www.blacktownsun.com.au/news...t-seven-to-stay-in-blue-and-gold/2245466.aspx

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I don't rate O'Hanlon at all, Morgan is ordinary and Lasalo is nothing more then an average 1st grader. Allgood and Loko were priority re-signings the rest i hope they didn't pay overs for.

Eels Dude

Coach
The Secret Seven, like from those Enid Blyton childrens books is probably a better term, because no-one from outside our club would have heard of any of them.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't rate O'Hanlon at all, Morgan is ordinary and Lasalo is nothing more then an average 1st grader. Allgood and Loko were priority re-signings the rest i hope they didn't pay overs for.

O'Hanlon needs an angry face.

Latest posts