What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramaniacs at Brooky

Manic_Eel

Juniors
They are simply a rent-a-crowd and what disapoints me even more are the poor fans who missed out on a ticket into the game on monday because the Nth and Sth sections were sold out. These "wig wearing weirdo's" got in free and took a seat that could have gone to a paying Eels or Rabbitohs fan. Very disapointing Parramatta Management.

I have sat with the rowdy people at away games they are always fun but noone ever forms a big group. I cant go to too many away games without my wife :cry:

but when i can i love to go and scream and yell around other eels fans.

Do any of you wig wearers go to away games? or are you just around for gettin free tix to the home games.

Glenn

First Grade
FFS this Rent-A-Crowd BS is all total and utter crap. It is amazing people can make asumptions like this.
maybe you need to learn this word F-A-C-T-S
Personally can't get to as many away games as I would like being a student and I am saving up to go to the US, however in the past I have made trips to Canberra,Melbourne,Brisbane,Townsville as well as all NRL grounds in NSW
so to say I am rent a crowd, is like saying the Bulldogs fans will get a nobel peace prize :roll:

I will be their with the Big Flag.

Anyone Coming to th game, come up, join in.

You should find a welcoming atmosphere and a great time.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Pitty i can't get to the game....broke!!....otherwise i'll dust off the cobwebs of this massive Parra flag i have.....dead set everyone it's the biggest flag you've seen.

The Colonel

Immortal
Manic_Eel said:
They are simply a rent-a-crowd and what disapoints me even more are the poor fans who missed out on a ticket into the game on monday because the Nth and Sth sections were sold out. These "wig wearing weirdo's" got in free and took a seat that could have gone to a paying Eels or Rabbitohs fan. Very disapointing Parramatta Management.

I have sat with the rowdy people at away games they are always fun but noone ever forms a big group. I cant go to too many away games without my wife :cry:

Do any of you wig wearers go to away games? or are you just around for gettin free tix to the home games.

Seems someone missed out on a ticket. :cry: Hmmmm all fifty of those tickets would have made a huge difference to the 18000 people that turned up and those that couldn't get in. There are plenty of clubs who do the same thing - the Broncos entice their fan squad with beer and food.

The club is trying something different and for that I applaud them and have given my time to help - sure I get a free ticket but regardless I would be at the game anyway shape or form and have even given away my season ticket to my mates - so my "free" tickets isn't exactly that. I try to get to as many away games as I can possibly fit in however I don't get to every game - especially with a wife and a young child at home.

The shirts are commendable and most who come to the game wear blue and gold anyways. Not sure about the wigs however the club and sponsor are trying to get them to stand out.

The main thing is if a core group can be formed like what has been done with the Burrow, SGB and others than I'll start buying my ticket and try and entice others to join in.

Clevo

Juniors
A bit sicophantic of you to say this Colonel..... most agree it looked stupid. The Burrow attracted more attention....

Sorry Clevo, but in watching the Replay on fox, the swamp and the burrow got equal coverage.

Any rate to the game at Brooky, Jess had a map up but once it was seen by how ever many people it died. This might help
manly.JPG

Taken from the Mighty Eagles website and all credit to them.

I believe the hill is the place to be but what side of the beer Shed is the left? is that the left when facing the Beer shed with your back to the ground ? or the left when facing the ground with the Beer shed at your back ?
Details Details Details.

So lets here a yay or nay, who will be joining the Parramaniacs at Brookvale.

Manic_Eel

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
Manic_Eel said:

Seems someone missed out on a ticket. :cry: Hmmmm all fifty of those tickets would have made a huge difference to the 18000 people that turned up and those that couldn't get in. There are plenty of clubs who do the same thing - the Broncos entice their fan squad with beer and food.

The club is trying something different and for that I applaud them and have given my time to help - sure I get a free ticket but regardless I would be at the game anyway shape or form and have even given away my season ticket to my mates - so my "free" tickets isn't exactly that. I try to get to as many away games as I can possibly fit in however I don't get to every game - especially with a wife and a young child at home.

The shirts are commendable and most who come to the game wear blue and gold anyways. Not sure about the wigs however the club and sponsor are trying to get them to stand out.

The main thing is if a core group can be formed like what has been done with the Burrow, SGB and others than I'll start buying my ticket and try and entice others to join in.

Well i think to 50 of the fans who missed out watching the game because a group of people got in for free would think they got cheated.
The Eels are too fragmented to ever form one group it seems that there are a lot of people on this site and i see at the footy that dont get along so to have one group would never work.

A lot of hardcore supporters are out there just because they dont wear stupid wigs and all that crap doesnt make them any less of a fan.

I was actually at the game (dont you read?? i have a season ticket you moron) shows the type of fans you have in that group i saw some laying down on the hill not even watching the game and the rest of you failed to make any noise. Most disapointing.

I dont mind the fact that the Eels management want to try something new, but there are fans who have been with the team a long time who dont have to dress up looking like idiots in order to show their support.
It was the eels management that caused a lot of people not to take their flags and banners into the game (due to their restrictions) so i dont really know what they are on.

If you want to be in the Swamp or what ever its called why not get members of it and have them pay to get into the game - at least that way people will give more notice to you because you wont be seen as a rent-a-crowd, until that day comes i will be of the belief that you are simply a bunch of rent-a-crowd wanna be's!!!!!!

Briza

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
Sorry Clevo, but in watching the Replay on fox, the swamp and the burrow got equal coverage.

Any rate to the game at Brooky, Jess had a map up but once it was seen by how ever many people it died. This might help
manly.JPG

Taken from the Mighty Eagles website and all credit to them.

I believe the hill is the place to be but what side of the beer Shed is the left? is that the left when facing the Beer shed with your back to the ground ? or the left when facing the ground with the Beer shed at your back ?
Details Details Details.

So lets here a yay or nay, who will be joining the Parramaniacs at Brookvale.

If you view it from the Hill Looking towards Jane Try, The Rockers Sit on the right of the Beer Shed.

Hope you all have a good Arvo.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
sniff sniff :cry: , im sorry my picture died everyone, i had written "PARRAMANIACS" on it and all....
*BLONDE* :lol:

can't wait to see you all there, its nice to put names to faces sometimes, when sharing a common interest, THE MIGHTY EELS!!! :clap:

Glenn

First Grade
Manic_Eel said:
If you want to be in the Swamp or what ever its called why not get members of it and have them pay to get into the game - at least that way people will give more notice to you because you wont be seen as a rent-a-crowd, until that day comes i will be of the belief that you are simply a bunch of rent-a-crowd wanna be's!!!!!!

I feel like some people only want to understand what they want to, so I will try to simplify things.

1) The free tickets, was the idea of the Football club not the people that are part of the Swamp/Parramaniacs.

2)Hmmm lets see, despite several people in the Swamp being long term eels supporters that I have seen at the home/away games over many seasons, and like myself some that have travelled to Townsville,Brisbane,Canberra,Melbourne (and also Gold Coast when they were a part of the NRL) we are just a "rent-a-crowd" :shock:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Ron: You keep telling us that yet it has not made an appearance.

Parra Stadium is a fair reason why.

Will you be "broke" again the next time Parra play at a ground that allow big flags??

that game would be round 12 v Tigers @ Leichhardt.

planeteels

Juniors
Fact Number 1 that I shall Correct..
The Big Flag Restriction is implemented by Parramatta Stadium Trust and N.E.S Security. The Eels are a 'Tenant' of the Stadium and make requests for changes or whatever...

Fact Number 2...
Just because a Person gets a Freebie Ticket, it doesn't mean they are Fairweather.. It means they are lucky to not have to pay to watch their Eels play. To call them fairweather, means you are calling all those Junior League players in the Parra district who get the FREE SEASON PASSES MUST BE FAIRWEATHERS OF THE WORST KIND...

Fact Number 3...
I have purchased 2 Season Tickets this year and am yet to sit in either of them as I have been sitting in with the maniacs. There have been a number of fans who had already purchased stickets who have forgone better seats to be part of the group.

As I've said previously, people are quick to make negative statements, yet they are very slow on the uptake when it comes to helping to improve things!! A prime example from last Saturday - The bay 56 mob were "allegedly" intentionally quiet so they could prove their point... What it proved, I'm still not sure and am still waiting to see how that helps anything other than to bolster a few ego's .

Colonel and I hear what you people are saying and in a majority of cases we agree and given time and even some support, THINGS WILL CHANGE!!! :D