What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta A Grade

Hey guys, I heard last night that Parra has kicked Mounties out of the comp and they will be playing in the wests comp this year.
Can anyone confirm that?

Also heard that the Guildford club has folded it's senior teams and will not compete in the A grade comp either.

That will leave a massive hole in the once popular and strong parra A grade comp.

Anyone know what the structureof the comp will be?

Stagger eel

Staff member
could the Mounties situation be in retaliation of their connection with Manly, weren't they looked at as a possible feeder club at one stage??

100yearsRL

Juniors
Did hear that mounties were going to wests comp but cant believe that, mounties have 34 junior teams, massive blow to loose that many teams.

adamkungl

Immortal
No more mounties eh? And aren't Guilford one of the strongest clubs in the Parra district?

I heard that Mounties were definately in partnership with Manly.
One of the players even told me they trained there on Sunday.

If Mounties go to wests and Guildford are gone that will leave 4 teams in A grade, a sad state of affairs for this comp.

Something must be seriously wrong for the district club to have a rift and get rid of one of their biggest clubs and allow another to fold.

Dosent leave much hope for the juniors to aspire to, but might strenghten up the wests comp.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
But weren't Mounties sleeve sponsors for Parra for the last couple of years? If they are to play in the Wests comp will they will not be able to continue to be sleeve sponsor of Parra?

I believe that the Mounties sleeve sponsorship was more the Leagues club at Mt Prichard, rather than the actual JRL comp, and anyways the Parra Sleeve sponsor last season was Radio Rentals.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was reliably told today that Mounties is still part of the Parramatta District rugby league.

this information came from within the club.