What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We play our sg players in NYC.
We play our NYC players for Wenty.
We play our Wenty players in First Grade.

I don't get it.

Our first grade players were all sitting in the stands injured or dropped. Didn't you see them on the telly? We had over a million bucks worth of player dressed in suits and sunnies on the sideline.

Or maybe they just looked a million bucks?

Gronk

Staff member
Cheers for the heads up, Delboy. I haven't really been concerned about the junior results as Kearney made it clear from early on that wins are secondary to development. He is keeping true to this with the promotion of SG Ball players to NYC and NYC players to NSW Cup. I feel that this is one area where someone should have very little traction in any criticisms of Kearney.

The first grade results are a wee-bit more concerning but I'm buckled in for the whole ride!

I'm prepared to give the coaching squad a wrap on the above. Too many times we have seen kids with potential sit in lower grades and never promote based an skill and merit.

I have always admired how the Broncos prepare their squad and blood young kids early. You only have to looks at the Broncs top 25 and I still struggle to recognise more than half of them. They look barely old enough to shave only they have the confidence to compete in the NRL.

So whilst I remain critical of our recruitment for our top 25, I can see how the 5 year plan has a light at the end of the tunnel.

I gotta ask the question why we have 17 yr olds playing in our TC team?

Remember when we would win all lower grades back in the day. Bring back the winning culture even if "development" has to take a step back.

Captain BF

Juniors
The idea is to get the young blokes ready for the next level up so that when they hit Reserve grade they are playing against men to get used to used to what it takes to play 1st grade. That's where we want to win. Get these blokes ready for 1st grade at a younger age.

At the pre-season members meeting, Nolan said that he doesn't care if we never win another lower grade title. The coaching staff are getting the kids aimed towards higher grades.

So we have a bunch of young blokes who only worry about personal development and forget this game is about wins and losses.

I agree on principal but i do want us winning things again.

Captain BF

Juniors
The funny thing is that our NYC team is playing so much better this year than last year. May also have something to do with the change of coach as well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So we have a bunch of young blokes who only worry about personal development and forget this game is about wins and losses.

I agree on principal but i do want us winning things again.

well for a start, the young blokes shouldn't worry about their personal development, the coaching staff should look after that bit and secondly, we do have a side in the grand final this saturday and if you're that concerned about winning comps go out support the kids get home against Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts