What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Aukafolau’s still there. Dresler is too old for Flegg, as is Michael Tupou.

Afualo
Brown
Dunster
Parry
Schneider
Futoikamanu
Sutoikamanu

Are all eligible for Flegg next year but you’d think Brown and Steve Utoikamanu are unlikely.

Delboy

First Grade
Think Dressler has had to step away from playing due to a bad injury, Tupou is too old for Flegg, not sure what his status is currently.

FYI, at least 12 of the squad are still eligible for SG Ball, understand its part of the decision to continue to fast track juniors. There are some very handy players, the new structure should benefit them even more so than those before them.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...14206167052/unknown.png?width=1443&height=466

did this quick spreadsheet. Positions may be different for some players as I could only find info on when they were a lot younger, if I've made any mistakes let me know. Also if anyone has info on the 3 unknown players let me know and I'll update.

p.s some players play multiple positions so just stuck them where they seemed to play the most. Players include: Joe Small (lock, centre), Jack Jordan (lock,second-row, winger ), Peni Tohi (centre, hooker but has played exclusively centre since being in our junior reps), Sam Hughes (middle, edge) Trey Mooney (edge, middle), Michael Cheer (fullback, outside back), Tevita Masima (fullback, half)

Gazzamatta

Coach
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...14206167052/unknown.png?width=1443&height=466

did this quick spreadsheet. Positions may be different for some players as I could only find info on when they were a lot younger, if I've made any mistakes let me know. Also if anyone has info on the 3 unknown players let me know and I'll update.

p.s some players play multiple positions so just stuck them where they seemed to play the most. Players include: Joe Small (lock, centre), Jack Jordan (lock,second-row, winger ), Peni Tohi (centre, hooker but has played exclusively centre since being in our junior reps), Sam Hughes (middle, edge) Trey Mooney (edge, middle), Michael Cheer (fullback, outside back), Tevita Masima (fullback, half)
Excellent stuff. Cheers OA.

chiefy1

Juniors

Heard we've signed two qld schoolboy dummy-halfs. One from PBC. Im sure its old news but they were the best in their league in 18

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Jed Edwards, the one from PBC, played in our Harold Matts team last year. I believe he's staying up in QLD to finish his schooling. The other is Cameron Bateup, who is in our Jersey Flegg this year.

Did you genuinely hear someone else say this or did you just watch the schoolboys games on Fox where it was stated that Parra had both Edwards and Bateup contracted?

Jed Edwards, the one from PBC, played in our Harold Matts team last year. I believe he's staying up in QLD to finish his schooling. The other is Cameron Bateup, who is in our Jersey Flegg this year.

Did you genuinely hear someone else say this or did you just watch the schoolboys games on Fox where it was stated that Parra had both Edwards and Bateup contracted?

Jed is an interesting one. He was suppose to finish school at the end of this year. Unless he repeated. As QLD finish school the year earlier than us.

I remember that Bateup kid watching him play in the national final v Parra 2016.

We also have Vea still in Flegg plus 2 other hookers.

Will be interesting to see where Schneider plays.

chiefy1

Juniors

I watched the game

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/12/11/eels-district-rep-trial-games-confirmed/

tl;dr Junior trials at Parramatta Marist Harold Matts 10am, SG Ball 12am. Flegg trials at Kirkham oval 430pm

The Parramatta Eels District Representative sides will be in action this weekend, Saturday 15 December, in their first pre-season trial games ahead of the 2019 season.

The young Blue & Gold will be taking on the Canberra Raiders with the Harold Matthews and SG Ball squads whilst the Jersey Flegg squads will also be clashing with the Raiders and South Sydney.

Please note that the Tarsha Gale side will not be in action this weekend.

HAROLD MATTHEWS
10am v Canberra Raiders
Parramatta Marist High School

SG BALL
12pm v Canberra Raiders
Parramatta Marist High School

JERSEY FLEGG
4:30pm v Canberra Raiders & South Sydney
Kirkham Oval, Camden

Blue & Gold fans are encouraged to spectate at the trials with a great opportunity to see plenty of talented youngsters in action. Parramatta Marist will be running a BBQ on the day for all Blue & Gold Members and fan in attendance.

The trials will form a major part of the Blue & Gold District Representative side selection criteria, before the squads are finalised ahead of their respective competitions in early 2019.

Good luck to all the young and talented footballers in action!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2...ior-league-launch-friday-night-footy-in-2019/

In season 2019 the Parramatta Junior league will be launching 'Friday Night Footy' in a new U18's competition.

This new concept is a way to look at keeping things interesting for and age group that can be tough to keep playing sport.

There will be 16 teams across 2 divisions, with the Parramatta Junior League identifiying up to 10 venues that have facilities capable of hosting night games.

Each Friday evening they will utilise 4 of these venues that will each host 2 games, with the first game kicking off at 6:30pm and the second at 7:45pm.

The first round of the Friday Night Footy competition will commence on 5 April 2019.

For more details or to register, contact your Parramatta Junior Rugby League Club and/or Parramatta District Convents RL Association clubs near you! Click through for their contact details.

T-Boon

Coach
Blue & Gold fans are encouraged to spectate at the trials with a great opportunity to see plenty of talented youngsters in action. Parramatta Marist will be running a BBQ on the day for all Blue & Gold Members and fan in attendance.

It would be great to see Parramatta Marist as an elite Rugby League school again. I enjoyed watching them on the Commonwealth Bank Cup. Good colours, tradition, many good eels.
Cayless, Cayless, Lyon, Witt...Gallen

Latest posts