What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

TheRam

Coach

Eels junior rep final squads named

82859130_103409154541342_4720849479907934208_o.jpg

Do white guys play rugby league anymore or are they playing AFL and Soccer now?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
SG BALL

Samuel Loizou (Parramatta)

Loizou is a centre who possesses plenty of speed and strike.

The Beaumont Hills junior was the youngest player in the SG Ball Cup competition last season. After a standout 2019 for Parramatta, Sam claimed the team’s best and fairest award before being selected in the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges squad for the Australian Schoolboy Championships. Another impressive showing then saw him earn a spot as the youngest player in the 2019 Australian Schoolboys side.

Sean Russell (Parramatta)

Slippery Eel Russell is another classy outside back who knows how to find the try line while he is solid in defence. This rising Parramatta youngster’s greatest strength is his fleet-footed skills as shown when he scored a cracking try in the Harold Matthews ranks against Cronulla last season. Russell put on two right foot steps and a left before darting away to score.

HAROLD MATTHEWS

Myles Martin (Parramatta)

This Bathurst junior is one of the best young forwards in the game.

Myles Martin spent most of last season travelling to Sydney from the bush to play for Parramatta’s Harold Matthews side.

The Eels narrowly missed out on the top eight but Martin impressed with his defence and ability to make metres.

The former Bathurst St Pat’s junior also earned selection in the Australian merit side last year after a man-of-the-match performance for NSW Combined Catholic Colleges in their Australian National Schoolboys final win.

As a junior with St Pat’s he won five premierships while he represented Group 10 and the Western Rams.

Ethan Sanders (Parramatta)

Saunders is a smart and skilful halfback who claimed the Andrew Johns Cup (under 16s) best and fairest award for Parramatta last season.

The Hills Bulls junior also has the ability to play elsewhere in the backline if called upon.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/83fd578a135be3e55bf4fde82008eacd

It's paywalled so if you want to read about others you can click this

The sg ball squad does seem light in the backs - maybe the likes of Loizou and Russell will return to the squad after the Flegg trials? Either way the article is pretty spot on. I really rate Sean Russell has a lot of skill to his game.
In the Matts team the whole backline is stacked with NSW school reps which should be exciting to watch. Keep an eye out for backrower Josh Alhazim who would have repped NSW as well if not for injury. I believe there will be junior rep trials v Penrith this Thursday night.

ALX25

Bench

84 Baby

Referee
The result said I didn’t have coronavirus but that I shouldn’t have had that 2 week old massamun curry. Still felt like I was dying though

Gronk

Staff member

EELS GUN COULD BE KNIGHTS BOUND

The Eels are in danger of losing rising back-rower Toni Mataele to Newcastle next season.

The Knights are showing huge interest in the 17-year-old, who is still growing and weighs in at an impressive 105kg.

A Parra junior, Mataele has Tongan heritage and represented NSW under 16s in 2018.

He has met with new Knights coach Adam O'Brien and the pair established an immediate rapport.