What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Soto

Bench
See you all next season 😄
At least we won SGBall and went well in Flegg but rest were terrible....
Some big changes need to be made to make this a successful club again.
For me making semis isn't good enough...need to be winning a comp on average 1 in 10 years...
Can be done and with the right tinkering can happen. Look at penrith and Storm they continuously challenge for the title..
I don't accept mediocrity or excuses

JokerEel

Coach
See you all next season 😄
At least we won SGBall and went well in Flegg but rest were terrible....
Some big changes need to be made to make this a successful club again.
For me making semis isn't good enough...need to be winning a comp on average 1 in 10 years...
Can be done and with the right tinkering can happen. Look at penrith and Storm they continuously challenge for the title..
I don't accept mediocrity or excuses

The question is now does the club rush a majority of these Flegg kids up to NSW cup now or give them another season in Flegg..

hindy111

Post Whore
There wasn't heap that stood out to me.
I like the no 5. And there was quite a few forwards built like bricks but it's hard to tell if any where better then the other. Latu and Toupo look ok. But most did.
Talagi has talent but is built like a twiggy stick and man handled at this level.
MA is crafty but over played his hand. Physically dominated and unless he grows he isn't a chance of NRL.
Lenaz didn't do much to impress me.
As far as Sanders goes he looks some time off NRL to me. Maybe 2yrs. Same goes for Talagi. 2026 prospects perhaps.

Betham and the winger would be the two most ready.
Komolafe I don't like at all. I'd cut him.

JokerEel

Coach
There wasn't heap that stood out to me.
I like the no 5. And there was quite a few forwards built like bricks but it's hard to tell if any where better then the other. Latu and Toupo look ok. But most did.
Talagi has talent but is built like a twiggy stick and man handled at this level.
MA is crafty but over played his hand. Physically dominated and unless he grows he isn't a chance of NRL.
Lenaz didn't do much to impress me.
As far as Sanders goes he looks some time off NRL to me. Maybe 2yrs. Same goes for Talagi. 2026 prospects perhaps.

Betham and the winger would be the two most ready.
Komolafe I don't like at all. I'd cut him.

Gotta agree with most of this.

I do think our forwards punched holes into the Roosters defence though they seem to have been trained to wrestle well..

We don't untilze our second rowers enough though hitting holes out wide.

Soto

Bench
The question is now does the club rush a majority of these Flegg kids up to NSW cup now or give them another season in Flegg..
Promote...the blokes in nsw cup will not improve much more or at all...the young kids have plenty of time to improve. Some of the current toilers in cup have reached their ceiling...youth is where it's at

hindy111

Post Whore
Why aren't people on here happy to accept reality?
Its reality that MA and Talagi are just not physically close to NRL. And unless both bulk up or grow the odds are hugely stacked against them ever making it.
That's not knocking them it's purely fact. Professional sport is cut throat. Why I wouldn't bother with Komolafe anymore.

Soto

Bench
Its reality that MA and Talagi are just not physically close to NRL. And unless both bulk up or grow the odds are hugely stacked against them ever making it.
That's not knocking them it's purely fact. Professional sport is cut throat. Why I wouldn't bother with Komolafe anymore.
A few injections can help anyone. Don't discount a few short trips to Thailand and 6 days a week at the gym...
It's easy to bulk up with the right guidance...

Pazza

First Grade

Don't forget we are talking about boys here. Give them a couple of years under a professional training and nutrition program to get them ready for the prospect of playing nrl.

We aren't going to see most of these guys until 25/26.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So toxic!!!

music video britney spears toxic GIF

Delboy

First Grade
As a pointer at least half the Eels team was playing up 2 years and think a couple 3 years. The Roosters import from NZ in a big way, from Matts and Ball they fly in players from NZ weekly. The halves have big frequent flyer points.

Disappointing, but playing against older and physically bigger boys after a SG Ball campaign seems to have taken its toll.

The big question is what do the Retention team do over the next week or so, there are decisions to be made on development contracts and possibly back end top 30 deals. That could set the club up if they do it well, that’s the overarching decision now.

just to add, why is it so difficult to get decisions against the Roosters, offsides, forward passes , deliberately slowing down the ruck we’re obvious but let go. Given the leg up they seem to get consistently across all grades, was happy to see even the questionable Storm beat them last night.

Last edited: