What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Gronk

Staff member
He was leading SG Ball in tries at the start of the year, but the club has obviously identified him as having no future (or he’s already signed elsewhere). They picked Vaivela and Alameddine over him in the finals. Both are a year younger.
He played Flegg last year when he was super young in a team that came last. This year they bought in a bunch of older boys with Vailvela from QLD and Mohamed Alemaddine from Long Bay Jail LINK oops, wrong lebanese guy. Also Matty Komalaffe is in and out of Flegg.

How do you know that he was fit for the Ball finals ?

hindy111

Post Whore
He played Flegg last year when he was super young in a team that came last. This year they bought in a bunch of older boys with Vailvela from QLD and Mohamed Alemaddine from Long Bay Jail LINK oops, wrong lebanese guy. Also Matty Komalaffe is in and out of Flegg.

Komolafee another dud. Looked garbage when I first saw him. Takes off like a draft horse, no power or real speed. Clumsy.
Waste of time. If he was any good he would be favoured over that one.

parra pete

Referee
I'm glad Cody Parry has chosen to play in the bush for the remainder of 2023.
Not everybody likes living in the Big Smoke.
The player has huge talent and was starring in the SG Ball until injured early..

hindy111

Post Whore
You would have to assume the club likes Betham. Any time Flegg has a bye he gets put into NSW CUP. To me it's a sign they rate him. They want him playing every week. But also want to give him big minutes which is why in Flegg. Along with fact we have to many middles in NSW CUP to give him long minutes there with Ogden,Rodwell,Morretti,Murchie......

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm glad Cody Parry has chosen to play in the bush for the remainder of 2023.
Not everybody likes living in the Big Smoke.
The player has huge talent and was starring in the SG Ball until injured early..

Let's hope Pete it is more about him.getting some home time rather then footy. Maybe the club feels 6mths home and then back will be good for him mentally.
If it was purely footy I can't but help feel he has slipped down pecking order. There is still a whole lot of footy to be played in Jersey flegg this season. A good 14/15 games plus possible finals.
I am very interested to see which guys are picked next week for Flegg.

T-Boon

Coach
I got to watching a Commonwealth Bank Cup game on youtube from 1991 between Fairfield Patrician and St Johns Woodlawn.
I then flicked on to watch this Warriors v Panthers game and couldnt watch it because it is too shit.
Man the game was great before it was over coached.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's all about ruck speed now. They need to get rid of markers. The unintended consequences will be very exciting until coaches figure out how to exploit it.

T-Boon

Coach
I challenge anyone to watch that game on the tube after watching this shit and then come back and deny we need to fix something.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We need to slow the game down, but that includes the defence. The question is how? If we want to keep it quick we need to remove merkins from the field so you actually can pass around the defence, rather than just passing the ball once the middle collapses and the edges compress.

T-Boon

Coach
It's all about ruck speed now. They need to get rid of markers. The unintended consequences will be very exciting until coaches figure out how to exploit it.
I think they could just complicate the game for coaches so they have less time to spend on defense. The game was best when they had minimal time with the players and had to coach things like scrums because they could determine the outcome.
It has all been simplified so much now that coaches have a thousand hours to work on nothing so they just work on defense.
The game is absurd when you see these short drop outs as routine because they are so confident in their try line defense.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well the great thing about defending your tryline is you don't have to backpedal, so it actually uses less energy than defending further upfield. I think if we removed four players from each team, and allowed the defensive line to stand right on the ruck, we'd see heaps more high risk (and therefore exciting) play than just merkins steamrolling back through the middle at tired defenders.

T-Boon

Coach
Well the great thing about defending your tryline is you don't have to backpedal, so it actually uses less energy than defending further upfield. I think if we removed four players from each team, and allowed the defensive line to stand right on the ruck, we'd see heaps more high risk (and therefore exciting) play than just merkins steamrolling back through the middle at tired defenders.
Perfect.
Thats what I'd do at nines level (maybe a 2 metre neutral zone), plus make 9s a longer game and let it fester in the background and silently take over.

BenKustoFanBoy

Juniors
Sorry for the OT question, but does anyone know what happened to Larry Muagututia ? Thinking injury but haven't heard anything about him in a minute.