What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

No, you've missed the point. Four (1 male/3 females) eligible Australians have missed out on selection. NZ players shouldn't be selected. I doubt NZ would select Australian kids in their school sides?
There is no point to miss. This is a schoolboy side with eligibility criteria being u18/17 & attending school an Australia this year. This side isn’t held to the same scrutiny as Origin u19s or Junior Roos sides, nor should it be imo. If you don’t like Aussie kids missing out then direct your ire to NRL clubs who bring players over year after year. A NZ Schools side would be mad not to pick the best player if his/her passport said Australia although it’s really moot as that’s just not happening.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is no point to miss. This is a schoolboy side with eligibility criteria being u18/17 & attending school an Australia this year. This side isn’t held to the same scrutiny as Origin u19s or Junior Roos sides, nor should it be imo. If you don’t like Aussie kids missing out then direct your ire to NRL clubs who bring players over year after year. A NZ Schools side would be mad not to pick the best player if his/her passport said Australia although it’s really moot as that’s just not happening.
Doesn't it all depend on where the school is?

T-Boon

Coach
I think it is ridiculous that a kid from NZ is coming out here while still in school. The NRL clubs and agents are grubs.
this is another argument for more NZ teams in the NRL

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A few years ago, English football clubs were banned (by the FA) from recruiting foreigners under 18 years old. Though I'm pretty sure before that no club could sign Brazilians under 18. I'm still not sure how that ban was enforced, or by whom.