What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Paul Kent Club members list.

84 Baby

Referee
Quick list of surprising amounts of games:
Ray Stone - 31 games
Cameron King & Kirosome Auvaa - 22 games
Daniel Harrison - 7 games

Last edited:

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Interestingly, of 826 players in the history of the Eels, 373 (over 40%) played 10 games or less. Out of those 373, there's way more on 1 than any other number of games.
Only 168, about 20% went on to play 50 or more games.
Only 58 played 100 or more.
I'll check tomorrow but I think the PK Club is the biggest.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Rory Brien was going to be a Ray Stone type workhorse
Justin Hunt literally had the worst game of NRL. Every player's nightmare.
Nathan Davis - He was famous in these forums. Unsure how he ended up with "fluffy kitten" nickname. IIRC he was a big jnr signing from NZ and then there was some controversy about getting him over here ?
Josh Davis was fluffy kitten.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Interestingly, of 826 players in the history of the Eels, 373 (over 40%) played 10 games or less. Out of those 373, there's way more on 1 than any other number of games.
Only 168, about 20% went on to play 50 or more games.
Only 58 played 100 or more.
I'll check tomorrow but I think the PK Club is the biggest.
Where do you find your list from btw.

I have a parra stats excel spreadsheet on my computer as a hobbie that i created in my spare time about 10 years ago after getting an parramatta player history encloyeopedia book as a kid i reckon the book was from around 2004 that had every players stats in it that played first grade from 1947.

Then obivously i added in everyone's who has played for Parramatta after that. And i update it weekly in my spare time.

Basically everyone from 1947-2004 is based on that book so may be a few errors from the early days i suppose where record keeping wasnt that great leading up to 1980s.

My list currently has 96 players currently to have played 1 game.

57 players to have played 100 games will be 58 this week as Nathan Brown will play his 100th game for Parramatta this week.

13 players to have played 200 games.

26 players have played 150 games.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Where do you find your list from btw.

I have a parra stats excel spreadsheet on my computer as a hobbie that i created in my spare time about 10 years ago after getting an parramatta player history encloyeopedia book as a kid i reckon the book was from around 2004 that had every players stats in it that played first grade from 1947.

Then obivously i added in everyone's who has played for Parramatta after that. And i update it weekly in my spare time.

Basically everyone from 1947-2004 is based on that book so may be a few errors from the early days i suppose where record keeping wasnt that great leading up to 1980s.

My list currently has 96 players currently to have played 1 game.

57 players to have played 100 games will be 58 this week as Nathan Brown will play his 100th game for Parramatta this week.

13 players to have played 200 games.

26 players have played 150 games.
I was just entertaining myself on Wikipedia and thought I would share. Something a bit different to the usual to and fro in the other threads. So likely not 100% accurate.

The sight of Paul Whatuira's name as the judge of this week's Dally M points got me thinking about how many players we have had since 1947 who only managed 1 first grade game for the Eels.

FTR, I am not posting this to be disparaging, I would have loved to be on it. It looks to be quite a list. I'll do 10 at a time as I work. Some of the more recent ones brig back memories.

1. Don Schilling, fullback, 1947
2. Arthur Jones, W/C 1948/9
3. Pat Tosh, Hooker, 1949
4. Tim Hobbs, Prop, 1949
5. Bob Fullerton, Prop, 1950
6. Lyle Ferguson 1951/2
7. Cyril Lothian 1952/3
8. Ron Hubbard 5/8, 1953
9. Max Ferguson 1953
10. John Schafer 1954
I hope #8 Ron Hubbard gave em L.

Rory Brien was going to be a Ray Stone type workhorse
Justin Hunt literally had the worst game of NRL. Every player's nightmare.
Nathan Davis - He was famous in these forums. Unsure how he ended up with "fluffy kitten" nickname. IIRC he was a big jnr signing from NZ and then there was some controversy about getting him over here ?

Nathan Davis was born in Penrith and is of indigenous descent. He might have been picked for the Maori All Stars team if our management was not so incompetent.

Josh Davis was the high-rep Kiwi.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/josh-davis.90450/

Wally21

Bench
I could have sworn the Eddie Fahey played more than 1 game SL? Unless he was just around a lot back then as I would attend all 3 grades with the old man until we all burnt Cumberland down in ‘81

Latest posts