What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Paul Kent Club members list.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Peter Matson played more than one first grade game. I remember him kicking Parramatta to a famous victory over StGeorge at Cumberland Oval one Sunday in 1962. "Record crowds flocked to Cumberland Oval in 1962. For example, 18,522 spectators jam packed Cumberland Oval when Parra thrashed Saints 19-8 on Sunday July 15, 1962..(I was one of them.. )
Parramatta 19 (Ken Foord,Mike Jackson, Brian Hambly tries, Peter MATSON 5 goals) defeated StGeorge 8 (Kevin Ryan, John Greaves tries, Brian Graham 1 goal).
I had played a game at Auburn in the early afternoon, and travelled to Cumberland with my mates to enjoy the win....as we did ALWAYS..
Nothing like an arvo at Cumberland.,..
Peter was the Parra top scorer that season with 54 points from 27 goals in 10 matches
Love your contribution to the forum Pete
Thank you

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
And with some further searching... I think there's a strong chance it might end up being Ronald Croghan, who in 1952 was reported living at Wentworthville who was done for drink driving... (link)?

A Ron Croghan is named as a reserve in the Wenworthville team of the century (along with son Tom?) too... (link). The Croghans appear to have run a family poultry business in Station Street Wentworthville, and R's brother N Croghan also comes up in newspaper lists as a local league player at the time.

Anyway, point being there's the chance for the Club to have a volunteer project (co-ordinated by someone with a clue/professional qualifications in these matters) to gradually seek out, confirm and fill in the blank first names for players from that era.
Yep 100%

I suppose the club should be making it a project to have it completed by 2027 when they celebrate 80th year anniversary.

It would be a nice touch for the families involved as well of those players.

Ok, I think I've worked it out... with a bit of searching help, for a unique game played before my/our time - and another without an easily available full first name!

Won't post the answer, but leave it for others to also have fun/you to reveal.

Ok, I think I've worked it out... with a bit of searching help, for a unique game played before my/our time - and another without an easily available full first name!

Won't post the answer, but leave it for others to also have fun/you to reveal.
Suffice to say, they appear to have filled in Leo Toohey's usual place for that one special game.

84 Baby

Referee
So if he runs out tomorrow does Moretti get a provisional membership? Does Kenty give him the secret handshake as he goes on?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
So if he runs out tomorrow does Moretti get a provisional membership? Does Kenty give him the secret handshake as he goes on?
Application goes in when you get on the field. Approved when you leave the club (or rejected upon entry to the field in your second game).

Kenty currently keeping his hands to himself so a short nod will suffice.