What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels want Cooper Cronk when Melbourne Storm abates by Dean Ritchie

84 Baby

Referee
so dogs have 2 eels jnrs as there halves combo. wonder how that will go.
Any Eels fan who bets with their head will put the house on Dogs to win 2011 premiership now, with those 2 being contenders for Dally M, starting halves for NSW and successors to Thurston and Lockyer for Australia

kanseki

Juniors
Any Eels fan who bets with their head will put the house on Dogs to win 2011 premiership now, with those 2 being contenders for Dally M, starting halves for NSW and successors to Thurston and Lockyer for Australia

yep i bet so in 2-4 years maybe

WaznTheGreat

Referee
People are so stupid and don't realise once he leaves that great Storm team he will be a joke.Cronk would be useless without Cam Smith and co.

Bigfella

Coach
Yes we'd better be careful. There are big penalties for tampering with existing
contracts.

We could be up for five or six fines once the nrl track down how many contracts these blokes signed at once!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
This has geniused poster written all over it.

I dont think he's completly wrong. I wouldnt say he would be nothing, but not the saviour that some think. It will be like the Justin Poore signing. Wont fix all our problems, but we need a halfback and he is the best available, money comes second.

Springs

First Grade
But isn't Cronk part of the absolute scum of the earth cheating scum culture that is the Melbourne Storm scum players and fans?

Springs

First Grade
and how are the fans scums? and the players as well.

Mate, sarcasm. I have always supported the players and fans. But some fools think that the Storm are scum and that's that, and they think the players knew which makes them scum, and because the fans support the players it makes the fans scum.
But if they joins the Eels, all of a sudden they are not scum and they are saviours.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You know what sh*ts me? Mortimer is playing just about as well as Robson was at halfback (and in my opinion even worse), but the crucifixion Mortimer is receiving is still less than anything being directed at Robson. Robson has been solid at hooker and still people feel the need to stick the knife in him.

Mortimer will come good. But I think he needs to change his style - kick for corners and try to get repeat sets instead of all-out attack.

Here, this is for you, don't forget to wipe up....
icarta-ipod-toilet-paper-dock.jpg

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
WHEN THE FRIG DID KK SIGN FOR THE DOGS??? :crazy:

Jess, it appears the wheels started to fall off the moment DA, PO & co found out about the Storm cap fiasco... so lets say going back at least three weeks minimum, KK & his manager knew there was a change in the wind and KK's time at the Eels was more than likely coming to an end.

lingard

Coach
You know what sh*ts me? Mortimer is playing just about as well as Robson was at halfback (and in my opinion even worse), but the crucifixion Mortimer is receiving is still less than anything being directed at Robson. Robson has been solid at hooker and still people feel the need to stick the knife in him.

Mortimer will come good. But I think he needs to change his style - kick for corners and try to get repeat sets instead of all-out attack.

You sound pretty sure about that. I`d like someone to convince me. Agree with you about Robson. In fact, I reckon the only reason he`s not replacing Mortimer at half, is that it would weaken the hooker position drastically. Might be worth the gamble though.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
You sound pretty sure about that. I`d like someone to convince me. Agree with you about Robson. In fact, I reckon the only reason he`s not replacing Mortimer at half, is that it would weaken the hooker position drastically. Might be worth the gamble though.

I see some really promising things in his game. He has determinaton and a killer attitude but seriously lacks in execution. Possibly due to skill but you can upskill a player. He has a footy brain.

IMO, I think DA realises that Morts will be here for a little while longer and its important that we develop his game. Hopefully it will come good sooner rather then later. If not then we have a player thats being wasted in Wenty but with potiential to develop into a better player. Bad long term coaching.

Stagger eel

Staff member
first of all I'd like to than Casper for posting this (225 times) in the forum..

secondly, this tells me nothing I already know, infact I'm convinced NOW that we're making a fatal mistake by sitting on our hands waiting for the Melbourne situation to fall in our favour while other clubs such as Newcastle and Canterbury have been more pro active..

thus far we have..

Departures

Nathan Cayless
Feleti Mateo
Kris INU
Kris Keating
Eric Grothe

Signings

NO ONE!!!!!!!

fabulous isn't it??