What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta linked with Glenn Morrison

Matta

Juniors
Actually Cayless IMO is playing better in the back row. Gets more ball and makes less tackles.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
It would be a good buy for you guys. He would take a lot of pressure of Hindmarsh. I am not sure that Vella has even done enough to get on the bench with the amount of young forwards u have on the park at the moment, and they are playing better than him. As for Cayless your side will look better with him in the fron row.

From an objective view, I hope that Smith does decide to play Witt at halfback next year. His play reall does not suit 5/8. Dykes is a 5/8!!

Good luck with your signings. You guys will be better next year.

yeah! I think you may be right there Lockyno1!

I take it your a Broncs supporter? do you know what the situation is with Tate for next year? our coach told me last night that he's going all out to get him?

also good luck for this week? :) but not too much :p

eels_fan

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
I am not sure that Vella has even done enough to get on the bench with the amount of young forwards u have on the park at the moment, and they are playing better than him.

The last two weeks Vella has been awesome...especially yesterday against the Eagles..

Pazza

First Grade
I dont think that Parramatta should go after Morrison. I liked the look of Hindmarsh and Cayless in the back row, backed up by the awesome Jack Afasamaga. Aparently Parramatta has had talks with Kite. I think he would be a better investment than Morrison.

What do you guys like better?

8.Kite
9.Riddell
10.Cannings
11.Hindmarsh
12.Cayless
13.Morris

or

8.Cayless
9.Riddell
10.Cannings
11.Hindmarsh
12.Morrison
13.Morris

thedux

Juniors
Riddell is going back to the Saints to let them know what his offers are; Parra's seems to be more but the Sharks means he won't have to move or travel too far but the deciding factor is that he is willing to stay at Saints if they can get within $30k of the best bid.
As for Morrison I think he would really like to come to a side like Parra as the Cowboys are a bit laid-back and too far away from the limelight. The guy is a consumate professional and him and Hindy would rival any 2nd-row pairing in the world; mobility, technique and committment in bucket-loads. Combine that with Afa and Pritchard and we could quite easily run sides ragged a la 2001!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'd love to see Morrison at the club, not too fussed either way about Riddell while I wouldn't turn him away I also wouldn't get into a bidding war for him.

damo72

Juniors
I don't know how you can say the cowboys are a bit laid back, the only reasons he wants to leave is because of his family are down there and that he is out of sight of the selectors. Not sure if the cowboys still have Billy Johnstone as their trainer or not but if he is I can assure you it would be anything but laid back and their facilities ie the gym are first class, I am not sure if you are assuming that just because they are based in Townsville that it is some sort of holiday resort. I for one would love to see him in the blue and gold and really hope that they go all out to bring him here.

1eyedeel

Juniors
I think our money could be spend better than on Morrosin as he is a very similiar style player to Hindmarsh. The pack is working well again because we've got great balance in the backrower; ie a ball-playing (don't laugh) lock (Wagon), a worker (Hindmarsh/Hopkins), and a dynamic backrower, Jack A. Jack A has made a huge difference to the balance of the pack, which has been all at sea since we lost Cayless. We so desperately need a centre, we should be saving up all our bikkies for Tahu.

And how anyone can be bagging Micky V at the moment I don't know. He's been absolutely sensational of late, he's back to his 2001 form.

bartman

Immortal
There must be better centres that Tahu on the market, surely??

Sure he's a good winger/finisher in the Knights backline, but for mine he drops a few too many chances? We've got players that can do that already and for much cheaper!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
8. Cordoba
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless / Curtis
13. Fred Peterson / Dean Widders

Now that looks good to me. I don't think we need too many forwards. Riddell would be good but the other are probably not needed.

Parraren

Bench
filthy_spammers said:
I think our money could be spend better than on Morrosin as he is a very similiar style player to Hindmarsh. The pack is working well again because we've got great balance in the backrower; ie a ball-playing (don't laugh) lock (Wagon), a worker (Hindmarsh/Hopkins), and a dynamic backrower, Jack A. Jack A has made a huge difference to the balance of the pack, which has been all at sea since we lost Cayless. We so desperately need a centre, we should be saving up all our bikkies for Tahu.

And how anyone can be bagging Micky V at the moment I don't know. He's been absolutely sensational of late, he's back to his 2001 form.

The thing is we have enough room under the cap to get at least 2 or 3 quality players. IMHO Morrison should definitely be one of those 2 or 3. I agree, Morrison is a similar player to Hindmarsh, but wouldn't this be a good thing? Who wouldn't want 2 Hindmarsh's! :shock: We still have plenty of room to also go for a quality centre such as Tahu or Cross or Monaghan or Tate...

If we could only afford to get one top class player, then yes I would agree that the most critical position would be centre, but the fact is we can recruit in more than one position this year.

The thing that concerns me with Tahu is that he hasn't really played alot of football at centre and he's seems very fragile; lot's of hamstring & ankle injuries. I guess the same could be said for Cross & Tate who also have had their fair share of injuries. Monaghan is the only one that hasn't had major injury problems but he's likely to stay in Canberra I think.

Pazza

First Grade
After seeing Cayless's performance in the back row earlier in the season and Afasamaga recently i am going to have to say no thank to Morrison. The 300k can be used more wisely.

Latest posts