What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Panthers

Big Pete

Referee
Scumsville? or worse yet..."Queensland"?

:( It's hard laughing at yourself once in awhile. :lol:

badav

Bench
This is one merger i would actually be all that surprised to see. Both these clubs are having a pretty hard time financially, and geographically, are neighbours.

Imagine the quality of juniors that they would have.

bobmar28

Bench
It would generate a lot of interest in the game which is needed at the moment in that area. Also it would probably spoil the AFL Blacktown party.

Eels Dude

Coach
This is one merger i would actually be all that surprised to see. Both these clubs are having a pretty hard time financially, and geographically, are neighbours.

I don't see why people keep saying Parramatta and Penrith are neighbours, fair enough both clubs are out west, but Penrith is 35ks away from Parramatta. The Eels are lot closer in distance to the Tigers and Bulldogs. It's far too bigger a junior area to have just one club between Parra and Penrith.

Joker's Wild

Coach

The Panthers group have plenty of property and cash and are one of the few NSW clubs that are still making a decent profit. Parra are the ones in financial trouble, not the choccie soldiers.

It would generate a lot of interest in the game which is needed at the moment in that area. Also it would probably spoil the AFL Blacktown party.

wow

do it. do it now

kills two birds with one stone.

And sydney league needs less teams. OBVIOUS anyone!?

Not that simple Im afraid.

Many many many fans will be lost and leaving only 1 club in such a large area will leave it even more open to out of code raids. Fans simply wont follow a merged team just because thaey are told to.

Last edited:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i Agree with the Colonel's team. I would support this merger, but i doubt that many would. Mergers are neccessary, if this were to go through i would suggest the League aggressively develops a 40-45K rectangular stadium in Blacktown (play 6 there, and 3 each at parra/penrith) OR redevelops Parra Stadium to a larger size and play 9 there. These 2 sides cover a HUGE area, and the target crowds should reflect that