What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta premiership-winning prop Terry Leabeater attacked by Bulldogs fans on Frid

Stagger eel

Staff member
TERRY Leabeater, the Parramatta premiership-winning prop and spokesman for the 3P rebel ticket at this year's club elections, was assaulted at ANZ Stadium by Bulldogs fans on Friday night.

The ex-player's wife Jenny and another woman were also assaulted.
Leabeater, who required medical treatment after being belted, reported the incident to Parramatta officials and NRL executives at the weekend.
Stadium security helped Leabeater safely from the arena.
ANZ Stadium management were made aware of the incident by Sunday morning. It is understood three Bulldogs fans were involved in the drama.
Police are also investigating the incident, which occurred when Leabeater was inside a stadium lift.
"What those blokes did was pretty ordinary," Leabeater said last night.
"There was no need for it.
"It was a misunderstanding and not even related to the footy.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"There is a far bit of bark off me. But I wasn't worried about myself.
"I was more worried about the girls. I'm not overly happy." Onlookers said the attackers were Bulldogs supporters.
Some claim the fans were not entirely to blame for the flare-up.
Stadium management last night confirmed the incident occurred.
"We are aware of an incident that occurred in one of the stadium's lifts involving an alleged assault," an ANZ Stadium spokesman said.
"One person was provided with medical attention as a result of the incident and our customer service staff provided assistance to this person to make sure he was able to safely continue his way out of the stadium.
Because of the location inside the lift, our CCTV cameras didn't capture the incident and we have not been notified of any complaint made to police about the alleged assault."
Leabeater was the official spokesman for the 3P ticket which gained control during Parramatta Football Club elections and, later, leagues club elections late last year and earlier this year.
He formed a combination with Geoff Bugden - nicknamed The Bookends - for Parramatta in the 1986 Grand Final.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-on-friday-night/story-e6frexnr-1225780942370

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm really dissapointed that this came out I know Terry would of been dissapointed that this came out in the press 5 days before one of one the clubs biggest games of it's history..

I know he was in high spirits at the end of the night and couldn't wait for sunday.

Stagger eel

Staff member
so stagger, you obviously knew of this, from your understanding what happened?

I'm not going to say what happened, it doesn't really matter, the fact remains that terry wanted me not to post anything about it and i wasn't going to do it..however it would of been posted regardless as it's now hit the press and if I wouldn't of posted it El Diablo or someone else would off...

I must stress! Terry didn't want this coming out and he made this very clear to me and probably did the same to others.

Gronk

Staff member
If he didn't want it in the press, why didn't he tell Dean Ritchie to f**k off ?

strider

Post Whore
ok fair enough, but since it's out can you elaborate? from what you know..
no go on ron, ask a 3rd time, you might get lucky :lol:

as gronk said, he should have told dean ritchie to take a walk .... but then they would have printed something anyway

tbh I find it bizarre that there is no CCTV because it was in a lift .... ffs, lifts are the obvious place to put f'n cameras :crazy:

hybrideel

Bench
that had me too strides. why the hell would you not put a camera in the lift.
Brings me back to the old Kicks days. If you got kicked out you had to make sure you took the stairs and not the lift because you would come out a lot worse than you went in as that camera didn't work either

that had me too strides. why the hell would you not put a camera in the lift.
Brings me back to the old Kicks days. If you got kicked out you had to make sure you took the stairs and not the lift because you would come out a lot worse than you went in as that camera didn't work either

I never came out of kicks looking better than when I went in?:sarcasm::lol:

Latest posts