What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta seak leave to appeal Moi Moi's Suspension!

Parrasque

Juniors
Thought it deserved a thread of it's own

Moimoi to appeal suspension

13 September 2005

Parramatta has today sought leave to appeal the nine week suspension handed down to second rower Fuifui Moimoi last Wednesday.

The NRL Judiciary Chairman, Judge Greg Woods, will consider the club’s written submission along with submissions from NRL Judiciary Counsel Mr Peter Kite SC.

Judge Woods will determine if it is an appropriate case in which to grant leave to appeal.

The time taken to determine this will be at the discretion of Judge Woods and his judgment will be issued by way of an NRL media release.

The grounds for granting leave in a judiciary appeal are as follows:

(1) With respect to the issue of guilt:
(a) That there was an error of law; or
(b) That the decision was unreasonable or insupportable
having regard to the evidence in the case
(2) With respect to the issue of sentence, that:
(a) In the case of a Notice of Referred Charge, the penalty
imposed was manifestly excessive;
(b) In the case of a Notice of Charge, the grading ascribed
was manifestly excessive.

Should the Judiciary Chairman grant leave to appeal, the Appeals Committee chaired by Sir Laurence Street would be convened at an appropriate time.

from nrl.com

FREE FUI

Hurriflatch

Referee
hopefully he'll be able to play.

even if he gets it reduced to a 1 match ban he has already served that so he can play next game

Utey

Coach
I honestly think he wouldnt get a spot in the team atm. Peeky had such a damn good game.

Lets learn how to control that agression for next year Fui.

Parrasque

Juniors
Parraletic said:
Yeah, if he get's off can you see Smithy leaving "Peekin" Adam peek out of the GF Qualifier?

yes, him or vella. or maybe someone will get injured

Utey

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Peek had a good game against a soft foward pack in a trample game, Fui is still alot better.

He has been great this year. ATM Id have him in front on Fui. Peeky would be very very hard done by to be dropped.

Hurriflatch

Referee
no one deserves to get dropped but neiter did Reddy when McKinnon came back yet McKinnon was problably a better option.

No one deserves to be dropped for Hindmarsh but someone will be

While I'm not saying Fui is a good as Hindy he is in the same boat.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fui is an impact player

BS wouldn't be doing this if he didn't need him for the finals

dazeely

First Grade
Sad someone has to miss out but its great we have such choices to make. Depth can be wonderful. Lets hope we don't keep players out of position for the sake of it. Stick to the winning formula. Tough choice but I would go:

Caylo
Riddell
Stringer
Morro
Hindy
Wags

PJ
Widders
Peek
Fui

Reserves:
18. Chad
19. Vella

Redback71

First Grade
just remember those big runs fui did vs broncos i dont recall peeky doing any runs like those.

man fui was like a rampaging bull

Hurriflatch

Referee
I wonder

IF Fui is allowed to play in the GFQ
and
IF the Cowboys beat the Storm

will the Cowboys then cry about Webb not being around like they have all week so far?

Alan Shore

First Grade
In terms of the GF, my strategy for Fui Fui would be to absolutely belt/smash/destroy Lockyer/Marshall/Barrett, whoever you play in the GF.

Make it his mission and have him running sideways looking for them to trample over...:lol:

GO FUI FUI - what a legend.

FUI FUI FOR THE CLIVE CHURCHILL MEDAL!

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Fui is an asset to this team and he is a big part of our impact style of bench that we have, I love and rate Peek and I would put him in front of vella, his defense is awesome! But Fui needs to be put onto the field, his presense is awesome and scares opposition forwards. If Fui can harness his aggression, he will go a long way in the NRL and hopefully at parra!

Latest posts